So Obsidian Writer Responsible for Eder "Resigns" and it appears this is similar situation to Firedorn Limerick

Hi guys, it's true - Eric no longer works at Obsidian, and it was completely amicable. He just had a baby and is going to be home with family. It's possible he may do some more writing in the future though, you never know.

to write Edér. Can we stop with all the nonsense now?

So its not Eric But Writer Was still Resigned because of personal Opinions.

I dont know about you but while thats less concerning that if it were Eric its still Quite concerning.

Yeah, this doesn't seem like Eric. I'm seeing no concrete connection with this potential hire being Eric. He left amicable and he has been back amicably. Why is everything being framed around Eder's writer. Who's information was actually posted, where did the connection to Eder start? Was it this thread title?

It's not Eric. I figured out who it was with a little digging, but since the name hasn't been mentioned in this thread I agree with Flow that it's best if it's not.

I have no idea where the idea that this was Edér's writer came from.

Okay So i was Mistaken In Identity of writer. But i was not mistaken in the fact Writer was "Resigned" for his opinions.

So the story here is that nutters from Gamerghazi started a witch hunt against some guy who posted some opinions on some website, who was also hired by Obsidian to do some contract work for them. And that's about it. 

So i guess Kicking People out of jobs for their opinions is okay with you ?.  I mean this might just be Sign Obsidian is moving More Mainstream. and we all know what Mainstream means.

So the story here is that nutters from Gamerghazi started a witch hunt against some guy who posted some opinions on some website, who was also hired by Obsidian to do some contract work for them. And that's about it. 

So i guess Kicking People out of jobs for their opinions is okay with you ?.  I mean this might just be Sign Obsidian is moving More Mainstream. and we all know what Mainstream means.

Obsidian didn't do anything. He resigned before they could even react.

Seriously, man. You don't know what you're talking about here. Let it go.

• Like 4

So the guy from screenshots does seem to be the writer for Battle Brothers. According to their website it's someone named "Casey". So, it has nothing to do with Eric. Case closed. :)

I suspected as much. Eric seems to be a great guy. Scram. Nothing too see here, good folks.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Thats the Official story. Official stories arent always true.

We don't know that this writer was kicked or even pressured out of their job. It's not a particularly unusual move for a contractor who suddenly finds themselves in the midst of a controversy to step back from their other work of their own volition in order to avoid tangling their clients up in their controversy.

• Like 2

There's no evidence that he even left, let alone got kicked. For all we know he's still working on the game. And stop with the strawman and trying to create drama where there isn't. 

• Like 2

We don't know that this writer was kicked or even pressured out of their job. It's not a particularly unusual move for a contractor who suddenly finds themselves in the midst of a controversy to step back from their other work of their own volition in order to avoid tangling their clients up in their controversy.

What controversy when he was victim of witchhunt ?

There's no evidence that he even left, let alone got kicked. For all we know he's still working on the game. And stop with the strawman and trying to create drama where there isn't. 

Im not creating drama i want to know the reality behind the situation.

Thats the Official story. Official stories arent always true.

What I just told you comes directly from the writer himself.

If you want to ask him about it, feel free to create an account on RPG Codex and do so.

I'm curious though: How on Earth did "writer of Edér"? enter the Picture? Where's the source for this?

If none, I fear this is some ill-concealed slandering on Obsidian, not to mention poor Eric.

• Like 7

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It has been confirmed that Eric Fenstermaker has not resigned, the OP got him and another writer confused - who seem to have resigned on his own accord due to controversy on another site, unrelated to Obsidian Entertainment. As this thread had degenerated into pure speculation, I've decided to close the thread.

• Like 21

Fortune favors the bald.