So Obsidian Writer Responsible for Eder "Resigns" and it appears this is similar situation to Firedorn Limerick

If he left because he was asked to resign, that would sound like those who had issue with his views (am I right that this is the issue?) at Obsidian won out. But here he is freelancing on Deadfire, and now people are pursuing him to ruffle up what effect? To maliciously undermine his livelihood?

This play looks bad.

There is possibility that Obsidian is just moving him to freelance to avoid the PR from the Gaming Journos who frankly love to play Heroes without actually doing anything.   Essentially Obsidian attempt to  have their cake and eat it too. I DONT know  if its true Its Possibility throught.

Many things are a possibility. I don't think wanting to avoid controversy because of some backer fluff you didn't write is equivalent to forcing out people who did nothing wrong besides have views away from work. Thinking one gives evidence for the possibility for the other is more than a bit paranoid.

Yeah why would you ask somebody to resign because you find their views offensive and then hire them back?

Claim he resigned, hire him on as contractor. Mob disperses thinking they won, While obsidian is not impacted.

Essentially Loudly proclaim he is no Longer in Obsidian,  quitly hire as contractor.

If he left because he was asked to resign, that would sound like those who had issue with his views (am I right that this is the issue?) at Obsidian won out. But here he is freelancing on Deadfire, and now people are pursuing him to ruffle up what effect? To maliciously undermine his livelihood?

This play looks bad.

There is possibility that Obsidian is just moving him to freelance to avoid the PR from the Gaming Journos who frankly love to play Heroes without actually doing anything.   Essentially Obsidian attempt to  have their cake and eat it too. I DONT know  if its true Its Possibility throught.

Many things are a possibility. I don't think wanting to avoid controversy because of some backer fluff you didn't write is equivalent to forcing out people who did nothing wrong besides have views away from work. Thinking one gives evidence for the possibility for the other is more than a bit paranoid.

No its no equivalent i was just saying it was Obsidian backing down over backlash, and  they may be going it again.

Essentially just precedents not complete similarity.

Uh... the writer in question is NOT Eric Fenstermaker, folks.

Please don't start rumors if you don't have all the facts.

Wait which one is it If its not him ? It seems to me its Definitely Eric

Anyways If you are right(Im not sure about that)that actually confirms the rest with writer being  resigned because of his views.

Yeah why would you ask somebody to resign because you find their views offensive and then hire them back?

Claim he resigned, hire him on as contractor. Mob disperses thinking they won, While obsidian is not impacted.

Essentially Loudly proclaim he is no Longer in Obsidian,  quitly hire as contractor.

There was no mob though.

Anyways If you are right(Im not sure about that)that actually confirms the rest with writer being  resigned because of his views.

It confirms nothing at all.

There was no mob though.

So what do you call people posting his Personal Details because they didnt like their opinion ?

What evidence is there that it's Eric exactly? Because i see none. Judging by his bio the guy in question lives in Texas and, if i'm understanding his signature correctly, a writer for Battle Brothers. 

It confirms nothing at all.

Person who Claims himself informed only Protected Against the Part stating that Its eric. He said nothing about Writer fired for his opinion part. i think it would be brought if This incident was nonexistent.

What evidence is there that it's Eric exactly? Because i see none. Judging by his bio the guy in question lives in Texas and, if i'm understanding his signature correctly, a writer for Battle Brothers. 

http://archive.is/gs09Q

No its no equivalent i was just saying it was Obsidian backing down over backlash, and  they may be going it again.

Obsidian did not back down because they did not write the controversial thing in question. I don't see why they should go to bat for somebody who is not them. They gave the guy a chance to respond and he did. And that was that.

Firing employees over stuff that is not even in your game is something else entirely. You are already insisting you have confirmation that what you say is true when you are not even sure who it is you are even talking about. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to name names at this point since the whole thing needs to die, but here are the facts.

1) A writer was hired recently to do some contract writing work for Deadfire

2) That writer's posting history at RPG Codex was uncovered and posted by parties unknown

3) The writer decided he didn't want his opinions causing problems for Obsidian and resigned

4) There is NO evidence anyone at Obsidian asked him to resign

• Like 5

Obsidian did not back down because they did not write the controversial thing in question. I don't see why they should go to bat for somebody who is not them. They gave the guy a chance to respond and he did. And that was that.

Firing employees over stuff that is not even in your game is something else entirely. You are already insisting you have confirmation that what you say is true when you are not even sure who it is you are even talking about. 

I was merely saying That Obsidian Backed Down Once. It Makes sense They would also Back Down  Another time especially for things that Certain groups may see as more serious, Never i implied  that these Things are EXACTLY THE SAME. i WAS JUST POINTING OUT The Common Thread. The Common Link. namely Obsidian backing down.

So what do you call people posting his Personal Details because they didnt like their opinion ?

A pretty big failure since you thought he was somebody else.

Further when did this person resign, what was the timing in relation to the doxing, and do you have any proof he did not delete the account himself for reasons that have nothing to do with Obsidian?

I'm not going to name names at this point since the whole thing needs to die, but here are the facts.

2) That writer's posting history at RPG Codex was uncovered and posted by parties unknown

3) The writer decided he didn't want his opinions causing problems for Obsidian and resigned

So you are not Going To post names  because you want the whole thing buried ?

Why Would you want it BURIED If Obsidian Did Nothing wrong ? If It would absolve them of guilt there is no reason to try to  direct this thread into obscurity.

Also Do you always believe official stories ? Furthermore I seriously fail to grasp what Problems might Obsidian face if He didnt resign, Can you enlighten me on that Topic ?

Edited by CaesarCzech

Yeah, this doesn't seem like Eric. I'm seeing no concrete connection with this potential hire being Eric. He left amicable and he has been back amicably. Why is everything being framed around Eder's writer. Who's information was actually posted, where did the connection to Eder start? Was it this thread title?

OP is doing this entire community a disservice. We don't need to frame out the whole If-else flow chart of what ifs. If you don't have the facts, don't premise with what ifs. If you do have concrete stuff, cite it. Make it obvious.

• Like 5

Yeah, this doesn't seem like Eric. I'm seeing no concrete connection with this potential hire being Eric. He left amicable and he has been back amicably. Why is everything being framed around Eder's writer. Who's information was actually posted, where did the connection to Eder start? Was it this thread title?

It's not Eric. I figured out who it was with a little digging, but since the name hasn't been mentioned in this thread I agree with Flow that it's best if it's not.

I have no idea where the idea that this was Edér's writer came from.

• Like 1

I was merely saying That Obsidian Backed Down Once. It Makes sense They would also Back Down  Another time especially for things that Certain groups may see as more serious, Never i implied  that these Things are EXACTLY THE SAME. i WAS JUST POINTING OUT The Common Thread. The Common Link. namely Obsidian backing down.

There is no common thread since we only have one proven incident that was not even about defending their own work. How can there be a common thread to something else when you have not even shown there is another incident? You do not even know who this person is.

Obsidian on Eric's departure: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/89393-is-eric-fenstermaker-still-at-obsidian/?p=1848340

Hi guys, it's true - Eric no longer works at Obsidian, and it was completely amicable. He just had a baby and is going to be home with family. It's possible he may do some more writing in the future though, you never know. :) We wish him nothing but the best of luck. I personally enjoyed working with Eric over the years and wish him and his family nothing but the best!

Darren

So there you have it, it's due to family/parenting reasons, and he will be returning for Deadfire to write Edér. Can we stop with all the nonsense now?

• Like 2

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

OP is doing this entire community a disservice. We don't need to frame out the whole If-else flow chart of what ifs. If you don't have the facts, don't premise with what ifs. If you do have concrete stuff, cite it. Make it obvious.

See Above. I still think it Was Eric but Person claiming Itself Informed Claims This happened

Imho Official story.

If It turns Its not Eric. I ask mods to Change the Thread title to simply

So Obsidian Writer  "Resigns"  Because of his opinions and it appears this is similar situation to Firedorn Limerick

Imho while the Eric part was Concerning, I believe the whole situation  Will still be Concerning if it turns im Wrong and The Write "Resigned" is not Eric.