So Obsidian Writer Responsible for Eder "Resigns" and it appears this is similar situation to Firedorn Limerick

Okay so apparently  Eders writer resigned or was resigned.

From what i gathered its because  on reddit  subreddit Gamerghazi identified him as man who wrote  those posts

http://i.imgur.com/n8Moni6.jpg (there is suspicion that someone on RPG codex snitched on him)

Now i normally i wouldnt be one questioning  employee resigning over controversy  but in current societal atmosphere and Obsidians mishandling of the Limerick Incident it think its reasonable to ask if Similar case happened again.    Especially considering this is not stupid Limerick that isnt going to impact the game But Writer Departing due to this incident Whetever Voluntarily  or   by the way of being Volunteered, Is going to impact the game.

And with People such as Chris Avelonne Leaving Obsidian. It makes me think if Obsidian is changing into something more Mainstream, And With Sawyer being The one of the only Senior members at Obsidian it makes me bit wary, Considering in GameDev business you need someone to tell you. No that is bad idea. Look at Molyneaux. I dont want Molyneaux type situation to happen with Sawyer.

I have no idea if or why Eric has resigned, but I do not think Obsidian mishandled that Limerick incident (others blew that far out of proportions - stuff that like that happens all the time in publishing etc.), and Sawyer appears to be a very level-headed guy who doesn't hesitate to emphasize democratic and liberal values if needs be. I don't want any other "societal atmosphere" than that. Nor should anybody else. I know what absolutism can do to societies, and it's not a pretty sight.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

If Obsidian had fired Eric F. because reasons, they wouldn't have contracted him to write Edér for Deadfire, I would imagine.

• Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

No background given, link to unreadable tiny green text, overboard claims not backed up by anything, appeal to SJW … Are you a troll?

• Like 2

Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum kum superiorum aetate contexitur? Marcus Tillius Cicero

Gamerghazi trying to ster up controversy, eh? What else is new. If this is indeed Eric, then some of what he said i agree with, some don't, but there's really nothing all that criminal. So, in short, outrage warriors can go to hell. Also, Obsidian handled the limerick pretty much the best way they could, considering the circumstances.

I think the solution here is to nuke reddit.

• Like 13

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No background given, link to unreadable tiny green text, overboard claims not backed up by anything, appeal to SJW … Are you a troll?

Why would i be troll ? critism a concern is not trolling. Hell even if we disagree about what SJW means  disagreement doesnt mean trolling.

I have no idea if or why Eric has resigned, but I do not think Obsidian mishandled that Limerick incident (others blew that far out of proportions - stuff that like that happens all the time in publishing etc.), and Sawyer appears to be a very level-headed guy who doesn't hesitate to emphasize democratic and liberal values if needs be. I don't want any other "societal atmosphere" than that. Nor should anybody else. I know what absolutism can do to societies, and it's not a pretty sight.

As is idiom in my language.

What do you mean by the term democratic and liberal values Private Kefalin.

Also please note the for many of us  emphasizing the values is not necesity in game, we are looking merely for fun, so you come as little bit biased.  I hope you understand what i mean, i dont want to come across as insulting.

Gamerghazi trying to ster up controversy, eh? What else is new. If this is indeed Eric, then some of what he said i agree with, some don't, but there's really nothing all that criminal. So, in short, outrage warriors can go to hell. Also, Obsidian handled the limerick pretty much the best way they could, considering the circumstances.

Eh the limerick situation isnt really about removal but about reason for removal. Bunch of pitchforks and fires. In retrospect it might been one of minor influences to read to this. If im right that is. I can be mistaken, But so far it doesnt seem to me that way.

Is Eric Fenstermaker still writing Edér in Deadfire? I had heard he'd left Obsidian but had agreed to write Edér (presumably as a contractor). Hopefully that's still the case since Edér was one of the better written characters in Pillars.

As for the main topic do we actually know that's why Eric was fired/pushed, or is it just speculation? Without knowing the answer to this question, there's not a lot to say.

Is Eric Fenstermaker still writing Edér in Deadfire? I had heard he'd left Obsidian but had agreed to write Edér (presumably as a contractor). Hopefully that's still the case since Edér was one of the better written characters in Pillars.

As for the main topic do we actually know that's why Eric was fired/pushed, or is it just speculation? Without knowing the answer to this question, there's not a lot to say.

His personal info was posted on Gamerghazi, then quickly deleted after he Resigned. i guess they realized this might not look good on them.

Hopefully its just Pr move so they can say he is no longer part of Obsidian while he continues to work for them. I really do not want Mccarthism in Gaming, And it doesnt matter from which side it comes imho.

• Like 3

His personal info was posted on Gamerghazi, then quickly deleted after he Resigned. i guess they realized this might not look good on them.

Hopefully its just Pr move so they can say he is no longer part of Obsidian while he continues to work for them. I really do not want Mccarthism in Gaming, And it doesnt matter from which side it comes imho.

What does not look good on who?

If he left because he was asked to resign, that would sound like those who had issue with his views (am I right that this is the issue?) at Obsidian won out. But here he is freelancing on Deadfire, and now people are pursuing him to ruffle up what effect? To maliciously undermine his livelihood?

This play looks bad.

• Like 1

What does not look good on who?

Gamerghazi by posting personal details.  Doxing is not looked upon very kindly.

If he left because he was asked to resign, that would sound like those who had issue with his views (am I right that this is the issue?) at Obsidian won out. But here he is freelancing on Deadfire, and now people are pursuing him to ruffle up what effect? To maliciously undermine his livelihood?

This play looks bad.

There is possibility that Obsidian is just moving him to freelance to avoid the PR from the Gaming Journos who frankly love to play Heroes without actually doing anything.   Essentially Obsidian attempt to  have their cake and eat it too. I DONT know  if its true Its Possibility throught.

Eh the limerick situation isnt really about removal but about reason for removal. 

They did not write the limerick. It was not part of the game.

They removed it from game after it was arleady added there because of a pitchforks.

Firedorn would prefered to have it remain but he  did obsidian favor and allowed them to remove it so they avoid the PR ****storm.

we dont know 100% but we know Writer Resigned  and its Most Propably the Eder one.

Dont quote me on that throught. Gamerghazi took down their post before i could check everything.