PS4 Gauns Pledge?

Fiach

Question

6 answers to this question

Only works during combat iirc.

So...its icon will only appear on the abilities ring if I'm in combat?

Beacuse there's no icon greyed out or anything while out of combat.

Thanks for the reply :)

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

I had the same problem as you.  A developer (Devtoi, Programmer at Paradox Arctic) responded to me and explained it, because I thought it was bugged.

Guan's Pledge is on the Right Trigger "Quick Items" Menu for the character with the ring equipped.  Once you activate it, then you will receive NO confirmation that it is active, except for the combat log message indicating that it has been activated (Guan's Pledge will NOT be listed in the character sheet "Active Effects" and it will NOT show up as a tiny icon next to your character portrait like all of the others.  The developer said that the reason for this is because it is a "one off ability" and it is NOT a bug / glitch.

Additionally, I just now tested it out for myself.  It ONLY works in combat and you MUST be missing some endurance.  When you use "Guan's Pledge" it does the same thing as "Second Wind" by restoring a small amount of endurance once activated.  It works perfectly fine and is not glitched on the PS4.

Edited by Eothas
  • Like 1

I had the same problem as you.  A developer (Devtoi, Programmer at Paradox Arctic) responded to me and explained it, because I thought it was bugged.

Guan's Pledge is on the Right Trigger "Quick Items" Menu for the character with the ring equipped.  Once you activate it, then you will receive NO confirmation that it is active, except for the combat log message indicating that it has been activated (Guan's Pledge will NOT be listed in the character sheet "Active Effects" and it will NOT show up as a tiny icon next to your character portrait like all of the others.  The developer said that the reason for this is because it is a "one off ability" and it is NOT a bug / glitch.

Additionally, I just now tested it out for myself.  It ONLY works in combat and you MUST be missing some endurance.  When you use "Guan's Pledge" it does the same thing as "Second Wind" by restoring a small amount of endurance once activated.  It works perfectly fine and is not glitched on the PS4.

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to write such a fulsome reply and explain the mechanics of this, I even tried Gamefaqs and nobody knew the answer! Thanks again!:)

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to write such a fulsome reply and explain the mechanics of this, I even tried Gamefaqs and nobody knew the answer! Thanks again! :)

No problem I'm happy to help.  I hope you are enjoying this game as much as I am!

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to write such a fulsome reply and explain the mechanics of this, I even tried Gamefaqs and nobody knew the answer! Thanks again! :)

No problem I'm happy to help.  I hope you are enjoying this game as much as I am!

I am indeed, I played it on PC, so it was an easy choice when it hit ps4, it is a brilliant port!

Thanks again!