Daily Challenge Burying

deny_conformity

Question

15 answers to this question

The only reason I can think of is that the game only count it if it's done "from hand". In this case, your action "from hand" is to discard and card only get buried after reaching discard.

I wonder if the game would count cards buried after facing that one monster with ability to bury everything with magic trait used against it since your original action there would also not be bury, it would be reveal or discard.

• Like 1

The only reason I can think of is that the game only count it if it's done "from hand". In this case, your action "from hand" is to discard and card only get buried after reaching discard.

I wonder if the game would count cards buried after facing that one monster with ability to bury everything with magic trait used against it since your original action there would also not be bury, it would be reveal or discard.

I'm pretty sure that's what is going on.  I haven't verified all the Daily Challenges, but it seems to have a two-part test:

- Did the player initiate an eligible challenge action? (play a blessing/ally, bury a card, etc..)

- Did that challenge action conclude without further modification by other powers?

Another example is the "Play x Blessings" daily challenge.  If Kyra plays a Blessing of Sarenrae, but chooses to recharge it when offered, it doesn't seem to count, even if seems like it should.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that's what is going on.  I haven't verified all the Daily Challenges, but it seems to have a two-part test:

- Did the player initiate an eligible challenge action? (play a blessing/ally, bury a card, etc..)

Runewell-induced bury action also counts towards the daily challenge and is in fact the fastest way of achieving it, along with using Amiri.

So the initiator of the bury action doesn't seem to be an issue.

Runewell-induced bury action also counts towards the daily challenge and is in fact the fastest way of achieving it, along with using Amiri.

So the initiator of the bury action doesn't seem to be an issue.

But with Runewell, the action you take with the card is still "bury"... at Farm location, the action you take is "discard".

But with Runewell, the action you take with the card is still "bury"... at Farm location, the action you take is "discard".

Not disagreeing with you. My point was that what triggers the bury action is not the determining factor. Whether it is a player power, location,or bane it doesn't matter.

I am not sure if it is an issue of whether it happens from your hand or from your discard pile or from your deck. I think it has to do with how high it is on a chain of events. If it is the primary result of an action then it counts if not then it doesn't. In the case of the farmstead it is a secondary effect after being discarded.

Need to put it to the test next time the daily shows up. My guess is that events that force you to bury cards after being discarded will not count. So need to test this vs

Black Monk (bury all your discard pile) to see if it matters where you bury from

Zaelsar (bury a few random cards from discard pile) just to make sure

Ceoptra (bury instead of discarding when damaged)

Ghoul Bat (bury magic cards after using them)

Wildcards that force you to bury discarded cards

Any other insight people?

• Like 1

Of the ones mentioned, Ceoptera should work since innitial action is "bury"... all other probably will not.

I agree.  I guess that was my (poorly worded) point earlier about "initiating" a challenge action.  If the end result doesn't match the action you took when playing a card (the green Bury/Discard/Recharge/etc.. buttons), then it may not count towards the challenge.

Like at the Farm House, the fact that you are choosing to Discard an Ally first is what the challenge manager seems to see.  It doesn't pick up the fact that a secondary power redirects the card toward the bury pile.

Whatever logic is occurring behind-the-scenes, the game seems to validate card challenge actions as they are played, and awards credit after the turn sequence if nothing "un-plays" or redirects the card.

Wild cards such as Full Packs (if you acquire a weapon, armor, or ally bury a card) COUNT

Boons that if you fail to recharge them get buried like Karzug's Burning Glave or the Wand of Enervation DON'T COUNT. Only tested those two but I think it should be the same for others.
Most High Ceoptra that forces you to bury instead of discard when damaged COUNTS.
Skulking Vampire that if undefeated buries 2 cards from your discard pile DOESN'T COUNT.

A little trivia from my investigation which I found peculiar was that when using the emerald codex and playing the Invoke spell, the spell doesn't get banished afterwards and goes into your collection. Both invoke and the emerald codex count towards the daily.

Only managed to play a couple of games so couldn't test more.
I still would like to see how Black Monk and Ghoul Bat factor into this but I begin to suspect that Ripe's initial suggestion that the daily counts cards buried from hand is closer to the truth.

• Like 1

A little trivia from my investigation which I found peculiar was that when using the emerald codex and playing the Invoke spell, the spell doesn't get banished afterwards and goes into your collection. Both invoke and the emerald codex count towards the daily.

Only managed to play a couple of games so couldn't test more.

Both Invoke and Emerald Codex have Bury as their primary keyword, not banish - and they properly count toward the challenge. They return back into your deck when the scenario ends. However, if you used Invoke without Divine skill, it would be banished as other spells. I never even conteplated to test it, as I only have one (on Kyra).

Wand of Enervation (on Seoni with auto-recharge for Arcane items) does not count toward the objective even if you choose Bury instead of Recharge once the check is resolved. Similarly, Orbs of <something> that can be buried instead of a check to discard/recharge, do not count even if you choose not to do the check and let them go directly into bury deck.

So it seems the game checks only the primary Bury actions that we are not able to revert through a check to a 'better' keyword. Similar situation is with the 'help other characters with a blessings' and Kyra's power to recharge Sarenrae - whatever you choose (Discard, Recharge...), the blessing does not count toward that objective.

• Like 2

Both Invoke and Emerald Codex have Bury as their primary keyword, not banish - and they properly count toward the challenge. They return back into your deck when the scenario ends. However, if you used Invoke without Divine skill, it would be banished as other spells. I never even conteplated to test it, as I only have one (on Kyra).

Yes but spells played from the emerald codex are supposedly banished after being used regardless if you have divine skill or not. Invoke is buried instead of being discarded after use and that's why it isn't banished. It's obviously a bug.

Similar situation is with the 'help other characters with a blessings' and Kyra's power to recharge Sarenrae - whatever you choose (Discard, Recharge...), the blessing does not count toward that objective.

Hadn't notice that. Good to know!

Yes but spells played from the emerald codex are supposedly banished after being used regardless if you have divine skill or not. Invoke is buried instead of being discarded after use and that's why it isn't banished. It's obviously a bug.

OK, maybe I did not understand correctly what you were saying - I thought about these cards as separate entities. Do you rather mean that you used Emerald Codex (bury +1), one of the three spells drawn was Invoke, then you used this Invoke (bury +1 ??), and the Invoke card ended in your bury pile? If that is so, it is a bug all right :)