Should I dump Eder (DW DPS) for more AOE (TC run)

Current party

Kana- dragon thrashed- has turned from early game tank into AOE kill machine.

PC Paladin- A councilor Ploi style tank but Darcozzi has great Alpha Strikes plus Sacred Immolation which adds on to the AOE melt. Party support with Buffed Liberating Exhortation and Zealous Focus

Eder- DW DPS warhammers (highest damage done so far)

Bat**** Crazy Hiravious- Storm tank with other Druid damage AOE spells

Aloth Blights- range DPS and CC

Durance- buff support adds in AOE spells like Iconic Projection to add to the AE melting.

Eder seems to be kind of meh even though he's got the most damage because of his lack of AOE. I can take charge at 13 to remedy this. Maybe he just doesn't shine in trash fights but will be better against Dragons (Marking Paladin plus knockdown) and tough to hit enemies?

Should I replace him with a Barb with heart of fury and carnage? Maybe that's too much AOE and it's not needed?

Have gun will travel.

Edér will be great in boss fights, yes. That is where a barb would not shine as much and for the trashier fights or encounters with a lot of ads you already have plenty - really plenty - of AoE damage.

He will be able to knockdown all but one dragon easily with the help of the paladin and Durance (I mean Disciplined B. + pally + Durance should result in +70 ACC). And once you get Charge he's great in trashfights, too.

I use charging fighters to take out casters "behind the lines" in a flash - and it's so much fun. All praise the Charge! ;)

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Edér will be great in boss fights, yes. That is where a barb would not shine as much and for the trashier fights or encounters with a lot of ads you already have plenty - really plenty - of AoE damage.

He will be able to knockdown all but one dragon easily with the help of the paladin and Durance (I mean Disciplined B. + pally + Durance should result in +70 ACC). And once you get Charge he's great in trashfights, too.

I use charging fighters to take out casters "behind the lines" in a flash - and it's so much fun. All praise the Charge! ;)

Dragons can be knocked down? I knew drakes can be, but wow!

Yes, only one is immune and that's the flying one if I remember correctly.

They just have very high fortitude and +10 resistance on top. So it's very hard to cause prone for the normal guy, but with +70 ACC (on top of weapon enchantment, +1-per-level bonus and so on) it's easy. Actually whenever I tried that combo (pally, priest + kncokdown fighte against dragon) I never missed a knockdown. Same with Ploi's charm by the way (also here: all but one dragon can be charmed).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Yes, only one is immune and that's the flying one if I remember correctly.

They just have very high fortitude and +10 resistance on top. So it's very hard to cause prone for the normal guy, but with +70 ACC (on top of weapon enchantment, +1-per-level bonus and so on) it's easy. Actually whenever I tried that combo (pally, priest + kncokdown fighte against dragon) I never missed a knockdown. Same with Ploi's charm by the way (also here: all but one dragon can be charmed).

Jeez. 70 ACC is all you need? That's easy to achieve. My DPS Chanter has 76, and my DPS Paladin has 72, and I am only level 10, and I haven't gotten the good end-game gear yet. And I've got a ton of buffs available too - especially from the Priest.

But Knockdown is only available as a class skill to the Fighter, right? Since my Chillfog Chanter is tanking with no problem (he's taken a lot less damage than either of my melee DPS, even though I station him way in front to take on mobs first), and I am not sure if I can ever give up the utility of a Chanter or Paladin tank to ever use a Fighter.

ROFL! :lol:

No, it's a bonus of +70 *on top* of your normal accuracy. So if a fighter's character sheet would show 100 ACC you would get additional +70 from Disciplined Barrage, pally and priest buffs. The Knockdown itself gets +1 per level. At level 16 your Kockdown would have an accuracy of 186 in this case.

You can get Knockdown from an item. But it's only 1/encounter.

You could also use any other disabling effect with those play/priest buffs. Fighter's starting accuracy and Disciplined Barrage are hard to beat though. Cipher can also achieve crazy high ACC for his CC with Borrowed Instinct + Tactical Meld, but the fighter needs no focus or anything. Another nice alternative would be a monk with one-handed Force of Anguish.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

ROFL! :lol:

No, it's a bonus of +70 *on top* of your normal accuracy. So if a fighter's character sheet would show 100 ACC you would get additional +70 from Disciplined Barrage, pally and priest buffs. The Knockdown itself gets +1 per level. At level 16 your Kockdown would have an accuracy of 186 in this case.

You can get Knockdown from an item. But it's only 1/encounter.

You could also use any other disabling effect with those play/priest buffs. Fighter's starting accuracy and Disciplined Barrage are hard to beat though. Cipher can also achieve crazy high ACC for his CC with Borrowed Instinct + Tactical Meld, but the fighter needs no focus or anything. Another nice alternative would be a monk with one-handed Force of Anguish.

Ah, ok. Damn. I thought Dragons were going to be a walk-over! ;)

Then you would have to crit with them. That's really difficult against a dragon whose defense against prone is around 150. ;)

Your crit rate is modified by enemy defense/deflection, etc? I thought it was only hit chance that is affected. Damn, I need to learn the combat system more.

Then what kind of numbers do I need to crit dragons?