How does respec/retrain work?

Hey guys, PS4 user here new to the game.

So I went to an inn and selected retrain, for my main character. But after choosing the new attributes and skills the character sheet still displays the same stats. I've tried it three times at several inns and quit the game, restart, rested, but I can't seem to get it to work. Am I missing something here?

I can't find anything on google about retraining so I thought I might find some answers with the vets here.

Edit; I should mention that the cost for respec is subtracted from my gold every time, so it's not a cancel or anything.

Edit 2; Allright i've found a bug report on this, so nevermind this topic. I'll wait for a patch.

Edited by Gh0stsmatter

Speaking of retraining, I noticed that retraining a wizard erases all the spells they learned. Very annoying. If you have a lot of money you can write them in spellbooks and then copy them anew after the retraining, but it's still annoying and costly.

It's great. That way he can have twice the amount of spells after retraining. Just costs some money. And that's plenty.

And the usual spells at level up he gets for free anyways.

If he wouldn't loose all his spells you would just pick different ones at level up and get double spells for free. Not very fair, right?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods