Is Obsidian EVER going to fix the iOS RotG purchase bug?

Dante Rising

Question

Is this bug ever going to be fixed for the Rise of the Goblins DLC? The campaign is showing up in my iOS game, but when I attempt to access it, I get the error: 'item not available for purchase on this device'. I've updated to the latest patch. Over a week ago the mentioned that a fix was one or two days out.

Thank you.

7 answers to this question

"A pach is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to." old programmers saying.

I am sure that They Are fighting the bug at the same time we speak about it. But who knows when it is ready... it affect all the iOs users so priority has to be quite high.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

"A pach is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to." old programmers saying.

I am sure that They Are fighting the bug at the same time we speak about it. But who knows when it is ready... it affect all the iOs users so priority has to be quite high.

They aren't even commenting on it any longer, so my guess is that they have abandoned the iOS consumer. As you stated, it seems to impact ALL iOS users, as my two friends who own the game on the platform are also locked out.

It's a shame, because I've always supported buying Obsidian games and DLC on day one, despite their reputation for putting out games that with some glaring technical problems. I recently championed multiple purchases of Tyranny among the people I know, as I loved the game. It is one of my favorite games of the past year. But to "abandon" the iOS crowd, or go radio silent, especially those who purchased the complete game in full on day one out of loyalty....well, it is disheartening.

I'm rapidly moving to the point where I'll wait until their games hit bargain bin status, or a humble bundle. This isn't a judgement on their design and writing, as those are always excellent. Rather, it is growing distrust in their technical prowess. In two weeks they can't figure out a way to make a game available for sale on an App Store? It isn't amateur hour, and they are a talented team.

Simple question that Obsidian support hasn't answered via email. On release day of the RotG DLC, the bug to purchase the content on iOS devices was known, and a fix was a couple days away.

Fast forward a month. Does anyone know if Obsidian even cares about this game, or its customers? No email response and no fix. A simple 'we will never fix that issue' would be great. Or an update stating SOMETHING.

Does anyone know if they are working on this rather significant issue? I can't even get a confirmation of that.

Thank you!

Edited by Dante Rising

Are they working on it - according to them yes - https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93400-unable-to-purchase-rise-of-the-goblins-ios/?hl=%2Brise+%2Bthe+%2Bgoblins

I believe I read elsewhere that the patch Flounder mentions in the linked thread was delayed by some further developments but was still forthcoming.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Simple question that Obsidian support hasn't answered via email. On release day of the RotG DLC, the bug to purchase the content on iOS devices was known, and a fix was a couple days away.

Out of curiosity, what happens when you try and purchase the RotG content?

If I were to open up my iPad and attempt to purchase the Goblins campaign through the in-game store right now, the usual windows pop up and I'm just one "Confirm" away from spending $8.99 to make it happen.  Pathfinder Adventures 1.2.7.1 was the patch that should have fixed the issue described here.  

Are you trying to buy the campaign through the in-game store?  Or are you trying through the Start --> Select a Campaign?

Incidentally, if a dev happens to catch wind of this topic, if you attempt to purchase the Goblins campaign through Start --> Select a Campaign, but back out when it asks for your iTunes password, it will lock up the UI every time.

Thanks Ethics Gradient; not having an Apple product, I wasn't sure if that patch had been rolled out that was talked about.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Out of curiosity, what happens when you try and purchase the RotG content?

If I were to open up my iPad and attempt to purchase the Goblins campaign through the in-game store right now, the usual windows pop up and I'm just one "Confirm" away from spending $8.99 to make it happen.  Pathfinder Adventures 1.2.7.1 was the patch that should have fixed the issue described here.  

Are you trying to buy the campaign through the in-game store?  Or are you trying through the Start --> Select a Campaign?

Incidentally, if a dev happens to catch wind of this topic, if you attempt to purchase the Goblins campaign through Start --> Select a Campaign, but back out when it asks for your iTunes password, it will lock up the UI every time.

Thank you for responding.

Under Start-> Select Campaign I get the purchasing error "Item not available for purchase on this device". 

If I click on the main menu and go to "More Games!" it states "access token not provided"

Is there another way to reach the in-game store that I am missing?

Thank you.

<edit> I noticed in this topic that there is a "Store" image on the main game page, with an image of a treasure chest. It is located under the "more games" button. This image/link is not on my game's main page. Is this a bug? Is that the manner in which I would reach the store, or has the UI changed?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92893-how-to-merging-desktop-and-mobile-accounts/

<edit2> I deleted the entire game, reinstalled, turned OFF gamecenter, turned it back ON, and now I was able to purchase the content. Thank you, Ethics Gradient, for attempting to assist me. Much appreciated.

Obsidian-- thank you for not answering my emails or my forum posts. Great customer support.

Edited by Dante Rising