Eternity is a succes on consoles

Gh0stsmatter

Dear Obsidian and other forum users,

Some people requested I would let you know how Pillars of Eternity plays on console because you wondered how well it would translate to our tv's. I can assure you that this game is an absolute succes. Professional reviews have been raving and all the people I spoke to are really satisfied with how the game feels.
I am a ps4 user myself and I wish to extend my gratitude and respect on a job well done porting this game so extremely well to a platform so vastly different from what it was originally designed for. I am very happy to know there is a company out there that takes porting as serious as Obsidian and Paradox did, to the great enjoyment of your new fans.

I am not alone when I say we, the PS4 users, hope this is just the start of a wider array of Obsidian games coming to consoles.

With utmost respect for a job well done,

A happy customer.

• Like 8

Dear Obsidian and other forum users,

Some people requested I would let you know how Pillars of Eternity plays on console because you wondered how well it would translate to our tv's. I can assure you that this game is an absolute succes. Professional reviews have been raving and all the people I spoke to are really satisfied with how the game feels.

I am a ps4 user myself and I wish to extend my gratitude and respect on a job well done porting this game so extremely well to a platform so vastly different from what it was originally designed for. I am very happy to know there is a company out there that takes porting as serious as Obsidian and Paradox did, to the great enjoyment of your new fans.

I am not alone when I say we, the PS4 users, hope this is just the start of a wider array of Obsidian games coming to consoles.

With utmost respect for a job well done,

A happy customer.

I agree wholeheartedly with these sentiments, I played the game on PC, it was with a certain amount of trepidation I bought the PS4 version, I was afraid it would be terrible, but my faith in you guys was totally justified!

I can't wait for Pillars of Eternity 2, hopefully you will consider a PS4 iteration!

Please also consider a console version of Tyranny too.

Regards and thanks!

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Some people requested I would let you know how Pillars of Eternity plays on console because you wondered how well it would translate to our tv's.

I think you mean controller, not tv ;)

But alas, good to know you are happy with the finished product and enjoying it. It's nice to see a new fan who appreciates Obsidian and Pillars Of Eternity. You're welcome here anytime mate.

Hoping you will be part of our backing brigade when the next Obsidian fundraiser appears! Join us.

HA! Good Fun!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

@Fiach
Good to have your input here as well, let's let Obsidian know how much we like it!

@sonicmage
Yea, the controller and ps4 infrastructure I imagined would be difficult to port to. There have been other pc ports which served as an example of that. Which made it such a relief when Eternity turned out so well on ps4!

I will most certainly look into backing more Obsidian projects if they decide to bring them over to ps4! I'm sold ;)

Some people requested I would let you know how Pillars of Eternity plays on console because you wondered how well it would translate to our tv's.

I think you mean controller, not tv ;)

Actually, I was concerned about the TV too, with the text size, needless to say, it's perfect! :)

• Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Combat especially can be quick, assigning actions I mean. Maybe faster than PC.

Agreed with OP for the most part ... I'm not loving merchant inventories blocked out completely by the first item-description tool-tip panels. Manually activating other tool-tips can be slow, reducing the joy of stat comparison and upgrading.

Not bad, though. Paradox Arctic clearly worked hard to get the controller scheme playable. Obsidian had little to do with porting.

Now if this real-life heatwave would just chill the f down I could continue. 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm an Xbox user myself and was worried I'd need to pick up a mouse and keyboard. Controls are smooth and easy to navigate. Had a few hiccups where I was playing in slow mode for... 30 minutes I think. But that's just me being silly and enjoying the game that much I didn't really notice. Felt a right sod afterwards.

I'm definitely up for backing any future projects!

• Like 2

I have this for the XBox ONE and I'm really pleased with it so far.

Even if you didn't do a little spoiler free homework on how the game works the in game tips are extremely well presented and though some people say the menus can sometimes be clunky I have been finding them very easy to use.

All you need to do to gain a good command of the game is look at the picture of the controller that explains what buttons lead to what.

I watched a guy stream on Twitch a day or 2 before it released and had to drop in the chat that you could hit "Slow" (d-pad left) to make combat a little more manageable short of going into full Pause Mode and "Fast" (d-pad right) to speed up those long walks around the village.

Very early doors but loving it so far.

Thanks for bringing this experience to consoles.

• Like 1

How are the load times? That's about the only negative I've heard so far which is pretty impressive for this kind of game on a console.

Seems fine for me. Using an external HDD aswell connected to the xbox one side USB port (couldn't justify doubling the price for a solid state drive for a few seconds improvement).

I'll time it after work tomorrow during screen and map changes.

After sword coast legends, I found I'm extremely patient with loading times so PoE could be long and I just haven't noticed!

Edited by itsLDN
  • Like 1

I'm not really a console player any more, but this type of thing seems good in terms of increasing market share for party-based cRPGs.

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."