Is it going to be pirate setting? Poe2

Title says it all.

It will be in the deadfire region of Eora. I don't think it's pirate themed. It's a high fantasy rpg where the enemy is a 200 meter tall god, it's not captain hook. According to all released material, there will be pirates as one of the games factions and will probably play a pretty significant role.

I believe you will like the game if you like the IE style games, even if pirates is not your thing.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 1

Ye i am confident with Josh and team this is not going to make Pillars: Pirates of the Caribbean. Josh seems to like to inject historical settings and so you will see more realistic depictions of factions like mentioned above with various 'Trading' companies where said trading company has veneer of legitimacy from home country but can be nasty and engage in piracy and seems like there will be actual pirates that happen to be there but not the focus of the story like said one note movies.

Edited by draego

Yes you will have to play as the captain of your pirate ship.

The game will mainly consist of yourself and your band of pirates sailing around the oceans ripping off other boats, hiding from the law on your secret island hideaway, firing cannons, walking around on prosthetic legs, drinking rum and talking to parrots that sit on your shoulder.

• Like 1

From my understanding sailing and sailing culture is simply integrated into the setting. It doesn't set out to particular explore pirate-hood as it's main thrust. I wonder how much you can play up pirate-hood though through your actions and decisions, that will be the real question.

• Like 1

Oh, Sid Meier can we get Pirates! 2? I player both the original and the remake to death already.

Technically, there were two remakes. But I'd definitely go for another one.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

As long as they avoid portraying the stereotypical pirates of the Caribbean trope, then I think it'll be okay. I suspect it's going to be more like Malay pirates.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Lol okay stahp guys.

This is not a pirate game.  Will it have pirates?  Yes.  Will you get the option to side with them?  Yes.  Can you sort of behave like a pirate? Yes.  Can you also join forces with any number of other factions who are not pirates, don't act like pirates, and may or may not even have a ton of interaction with the pirates?  Also yes.

That said there is one major city (not run by pirates), but there is one significant town called Dunnage.... and well..... yeah dirty pirates....

So while it isn't a pirate game, they will be there, though I doubt they will be central to the main plot.

• Like 5

Yarr a parrot Harry! Now, the question is, will we get a pirate to sit on our shoulder? Yes, yes I know it's not actually a parrot game, don't get your powder kegs in a jumble.

Avast ye swabs, the question of pirate themes tickles me fancy for a Pirates of Dark Water RPG.

Edited by grumpymoose
  • Like 1

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice