When is early Beta Access?

We had a long beta last time around, which I believe OE said was helpful. But even so, the game is probably still in pre-alpha or alpha if you follow what ever is being released. So beta is probably some time away, but it'll be here sooner or later, don't sweat it. ^_^

We had a long beta last time around, which I believe OE said was helpful. But even so, the game is probably still in pre-alpha or alpha if you follow what ever is being released. So beta is probably some time away, but it'll be here sooner or later, don't sweat it. ^_^

beta weren't as long as many recollect, given the original release target. beta started late august 2015(2014) for a game projected to release late 2015 (2014).  sure, in part 'cause o' the beta feedback the game were delayed, but if one were to assume a similar 3-4 months before projected release, then a analogous schedule for poe2 as for poe would have earliest beta starting in late november or december.

needs be patient.

HA! Good Fun!

edit  hmmm... am thinking we missed a full year o' poe beta somewheres.  2014 august, no?

edit 2: mixed up years... still, beta were short(er).  

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Indeed, they started Post-Production, (AKA (Straight) Alpha), meaning the "Polishing Stage" of Production, in August. So, for about a month now, more or less.

Though, I can't remember how long the previous Alpha lasted for PoE 1, but... As a speculation, let's plan for January at the very least probably.

Sooner than that hopefuly.

Source : Andy - http://kotaku.com/pillars-of-eternity-ii-lets-you-run-your-own-pirate-shi-1796273291

Edited by DexGames

Eager to play, huh? It'll take a while longer unfortunately.

Eager to play?  Hah!

Judging by the information that's leaked out, it will probably take the entire beta period to figure out what sort of character we want to create.

Gonna' go dual-class?  Strap in, it'll be a while!*  

*Successfully creating a multi-class character really should be a steam achievement. :p

I am supposed to have access to Early Beta, but cannot seem to find if it is going on now, or later. Can anyone let me know?

Who isn't...

That old man living across my appartment isn't :p

I, myself, mevy much indeed :p

I am supposed to have access to Early Beta, but cannot seem to find if it is going on now, or later. Can anyone let me know?

Who isn't...

That old man living across my appartment isn't :p

I, myself, mevy much indeed :p

Why, did you ask him? You never know...