What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

I was having a few frustrations last week, so decided to say what the heck and picked up Shadow of War to vent some of it by killing large amounts of orcs.

Its enjoyable enough. Pretty much Shadow of Mordor once more. The first act is purely getting back into the swing of things in Mordor and re-learning all those skills,wile the scene is set in Minas Ithil (later to be Minas Morgul). Act 2 reintroduces the domination side and building up your own forces, but I have to admit, the much touted "leading your armies to war" is rather minimal and not that deep. Selecting different types of orc (tribe or class) has absolutely no real effect beyond the visual, and then you choose which of them are part of your "assault force", spend in-game money to tweak them from the same set of seige upgrades, and then run through a set of "capture the flag" points.

Story side starts wandering even further afield from the points known, and is entertaining, but it gets distracted by the huge amount of grind involved in taking on all the orc captains, getting the intel, setting them at each others throats and all that. Still, fun in its own way but I do see how this could get a wee bit tiresome after x point.

Ignoring the loot box thingy.

So yes, if you enjoyed the first game, you'll likely enjoy this because there really isn't that much different to it - Just the skill tree has been changed some.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Fallout 4 is a fun game to play. Actually, with all the recent updates, rebuilding a settlement is now pretty fun and I don't see myself using any mods for this game for now. The mechanics the game offers is enough to entertain you for at least 20 to 30 hours and just like with all beths games, it's a game you can come back to at any time you like. It's not as if you are going to forget an important part of the 'story' or anything like that... 

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I hated fo4 when it came out but outta boredom downloaded it a few weeks ago and went in with a certain mindset and it's actually fun. I do like several improvements such as animation for stimpacks finally and how they did the radiation which now actually feels dangerous. Was doing pretty well til I found and started sr4 and maybe hopefully I will be able to finish it after my binge of SR games and the fractured butthole coming out tomorrow.

• Like 1

the fractured butthole

Haha, nice one!  :grin:

you noticed that JUST now? :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Playing Empire Total War, realized I bought it a while ago.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ended up being my favorite TW game, purely because of those Ship of the line battles.. Mmm

If the battlefield AI had only been better this would have been the perfect computer strategy game. But having AI infantry stand there in formation and let artillery pound the heck out of them because they won't charge a numerically superior force is a real buzz kill. And having AI infantry placed behind a stone wall refusing to move even when being attacked from the rear? Come on. The AI also makes suicidal attacks on fortress wall breaches without artillery support. AI cavalry charges squares with no artillery support. 

It was just too easy to win a battle.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ended up being my favorite TW game, purely because of those Ship of the line battles.. Mmm

Watched Waterloo beforehand so was synchronicity :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Been playing fractured butthole and im not sure but it doesn't seem as offensive/funny/fun as the Stick of Truth. Maybe it's just early morning but so far got an impression that it feels like a "censored/safe" version. Already taking a break from it to play SR2, hopefully it's just me and the game is just dragging out to combat the complaints of how short SoT was.

Edited by redneckdevil

You are not the only one. At least reviewer in ars technica said something very similar.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Ok I'm battling strippers ATM, and yes it's ****ing tame compared to stick of Truth. I blame Ubisoft because while it's got some bites here and there, it's been completely defanged. There's an absence of certain controversial material where there should be some. Also as simple as stick of Truth was compared to the new one, it was a helluva lot more fun it seems.

But again not very far into it, so hopefully when I beat it I can say something else than what I am right now.

I still haven't played Stick of Truth but I read that it would be included with the sequel so I was waiting for that to release (I know it was included with the pre-order but I have a solid distrust for pre-ordering things).

I can't find anything about it on Steam though. Can anyone confirm?

I still haven't played Stick of Truth but I read that it would be included with the sequel so I was waiting for that to release (I know it was included with the pre-order but I have a solid distrust for pre-ordering things).

I can't find anything about it on Steam though. Can anyone confirm?

According to the Ubisoft support website, you should get it as long as you buy it from Steam.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025147/Details-of-the-Free-South-Park-The-Stick-of-Truth-offer/

Giving a South Park game to Ubisoft San Fransisco was always a red flag. I only know SF from television (and GTA: SA) but apparently it's full of people being unbearably trendy, generating smug and smelling their own farts. Not a great fit for South Park.

Anyway, have you fine people of the forum heard the good news about our lord and saviour: Elex?

Oh boy! There is a Sale of the Dead going on over at the PSN and I managed to get 3 games I've been DYING to play:

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PSOne)

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PSOne)

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

:dancing:

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Oh boy! There is a Sale of the Dead going on over at the PSN and I managed to get 3 games I've been DYING to play:

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (PSOne)

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (PSOne)

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

:dancing:

Soul Reaver was great at its time

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"