What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Man, those weapon skins simply kill the WW2 mood. Makes you wonder which is worse, that or those awful WW2 reenactments on YouTube.

I don't understand, how is this killing the ww2 mood...

C-SBGfvUIAENhrO.jpg

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Oh boy, I am gonna get my hands on an Xbox One X tomorrow(or maybe even today).  :dancing:  I'm gonna bathe my console in Sunset Overdrive once I get it.  

Yup, one benefit of living in a 3rd world country: get consoles and games days before launch without even having to wait in line.  :yes:

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Grabbed "The Park" in the Steam sales, pretty neat short story. Knowing something about the setting (The Secret  World) makes the entire thing even more interesting...

I should go check out that location in the MMO at some point.

• Like 1

I spoke to soon about Fractured but Whole, it just takes getting to the last half of the game. I "think" I'm closed to beating it, but it's got some pretty amazing ****ed up ****. Finally happy with my purchase now.

New changes with killing floor 2, they added in weekly and dailies now. Do the weekly and gain dosh and a special item and dailies give just dosh. Get enough dosh to get a golden loot crate to open (which normally requires u to buy a key with irl currency).

Also the Halloween event in eso gave double exp so I got my DK up past 50 and started an orc sorcerer tank.

• Like 1

Got my Xbox One X and I'm as happy as a cat on catnip. Downloading the updates so I can fire up the awesome Sunset Overdrive and play it until I'm out of juice. 

For a second I was going to buy a Switch with Mario Odyssey but I still have a whole lot of Nintendo games I need to finish on my Wii U and my new 3DS XL. So I decided to go for a 1X since I haven't had the chance to play any of the games that are available on the Xbox for the past few years. 

• Like 1

Got my Xbox One X and I'm as happy as a cat on catnip. Downloading the updates so I can fire up the awesome Sunset Overdrive and play it until I'm out of juice. 

For a second I was going to buy a Switch with Mario Odyssey but I still have a whole lot of Nintendo games I need to finish on my Wii U and my new 3DS XL. So I decided to go for a 1X since I haven't had the chance to play any of the games that are available on the Xbox for the past few years. 

Probably too soon to ask, but have you noticed any differences (positive) between the XBox One X and the previous iteration?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Probably too soon to ask, but have you noticed any differences (positive) between the XBox One X and the previous iteration?

I spent the whole day trying to configure the NAT settings and even though I can download updates and browse the store, I still can't make a new user account. :( It's a whole lot easier to setup the PS4. I have encountered this problem once before and it can indeed drive you nuts. Still trying to log in and create a user but I might have to check some stuff with my ISP and see if I can change my modem and get this thing running.

Check out your router before buying an Xbox, if it's old then it will likely give you weird errors while trying to sign-in or create an account.

As for console and the performance: It does give you some anisotropic filtering out of the box but the resolution depends on the game itself. If the resolution is locked at 900p on the Xbox One S then it will remain so on the one x. If the game happens to have a dynamic resolution then it will try to hit the max resolution possible. Some places you see less of a performance, most notably at places where the CPU is at work. Hitman for instance can't hit a full 60 fps when you are walking within a crowd of people. The CPU is rather a small upgrade(2.3 Ghz instead of 1.75 Ghz).

Then there are games that get updates and those updates usually range from somewhere between 50 GB to a 100 GB. Guess those must be the extra textures that are needed for a native 4K representation of certain games. 3 Xbox 360 games have received 1X upgrade as well and it is indeed magnificent. I recommend checking out this  and  this

I'd say it's a very small, quiet and smooth console, especially if you don't have a 4K TV. I for one am not planning on getting a 4K TV soon and have connected my 1X to my 1080p LG LED tv. No noise or heat, huge upgrade from my OG PS4 which used to sound like a jet engine at times.

• Like 1

I've gone bananas gaming wise. Right now, I have two objectives.

I have a big backlog of games, and noticed a pattern among those I haven't played yet: They all needed a controller.

Well, I went out and bought an XBox One controller (which runs nicely on Win10, but on my Win 7-machine, I had to manually find the drivers).

And apart from a decade old PS3 in my home, which my kids used to play on (It was kept for watching Netflix and HBO), I haven't used a controller, since, well, joysticks for the Amiga.

What I now experience is something of a childhood rekindle. I really love using it.

So, I'm taking on the weirdest kind of games now (the ones I've bought for like 1 quid each), and I really enjoy some of them, and I will get back to you about that with screenies and all later.

I mean, games like: Rogue Legacy (I'm loving it. It feels like Cauldron I & II - which I really liked back in the 80s), Spelunky, Lego Lord of the Rings (I played this kind of games with my kids on our PS3, and I adored it then, I still do now - so über-chill), etc.

And newer platformers/side-scrollers, like: Apotheon, Steam World Dig 2 (Thx for that tip, Keyrock), Hollow Knight, and Everspace.

It's like a brave new world out there, and apparently, I owned much of it already.

Oh, the joy of a controller. It deserves an ode in and of itself, and you'll get it. :)

P.S. I'm trying to achieve every cheevo for Dishonored 2 as well, since I'm truly mad about that atmospheric game. I'll get back you on that too, whether you want me to or not.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'll heed your advice, Majestic. I haven't played it yet, but it looked so beautiful, and the sfx and all very nice as well.

Oh, it is beautiful all right:

Can be a bit overwhelming at first, like all games with a roguelike core mechanic. Feel free to ask if you need anything. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I'll heed your advice, Majestic. I haven't played it yet, but it looked so beautiful, and the sfx and all very nice as well.

Can be a bit overwhelming at first, like all games with a roguelike core mechanic. Feel free to ask if you need anything. :)

Yeah, How the **** they expect me to beat a batleship when I can't outrun or outgun it? Same deal with the ****ing corvettes.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah, How the **** they expect me to beat a batleship when I can't outrun or outgun it? Same deal with the ****ing corvettes.

The only vessel in the game that cannot be destroyed are the colonial warships. They can, however, be totally neutered by destroying all of their turrets. The Corvettes can be tougher to handle for new players, especially if you are new to using the Scout, which lacks the maximum energy capacity to take them down without using consumables. Using secondary weapons (missiles) will make them tremendously easier. The frigates are most easily destroyed by closing range on their aft and taking out their hard points--particularly the "blast generators". It will take skill, but can be done with a basic ship without perks if you're a good enough pilot. I'm a big fan of Everspace, and consider myself an expert at it. One thing in particular that I enjoy about it, is the arcade nature of each zone. I can get in 15 minutes of satisfying gaming, unlike many RPGs where you have barely even begun to play after 15 minutes.

Edited by Mr. Magniloquent
  • Like 1

I just got back from my family vaca in Australia and New Zealand, before that I got super busy with my work. I wonder how long I was away from the forums here, maybe 2 months? Meh. It's what happens when you have a life outside the net I guess. It's good to be back though :)

Anyway, tonight I'm firing it up and I will be playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes 1 as the 2nd is releasing in a week!

Also, nice to see a new member :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The only vessel in the game that cannot be destroyed are the colonial warships. They can, however, be totally neutered by destroying all of their turrets. The Corvettes can be tougher to handle for new players, especially if you are new to using the Scout, which lacks the maximum energy capacity to take them down without using consumables. Using secondary weapons (missiles) will make them tremendously easier. The frigates are most easily destroyed by closing range on their aft and taking out their hard points--particularly the "blast generators". It will take skill, but can be done with a basic ship without perks if you're a good enough pilot. I'm a big fan of Everspace, and consider myself an expert at it. One thing in particular that I enjoy about it, is the arcade nature of each zone. I can get in 15 minutes of satisfying gaming, unlike many RPGs where you have barely even begun to play after 15 minutes.

I've been playing this game for a while (and I mean I got it while it was in alpha) I've heard people say that they have destroyed warships.

What bugs me is that I don't get a sense of progression, weapons don't get better. Each ship you unlock isn't better than the default one, and most of the skills are trite.

I mean, what's the ****ing point of even trying. Arcade is really hitting the nail on the head with this one, it feels like Tetris. You just play to kill time and have fun but beating it is optional and not worth the time.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

DDO, which I'm still having issues with, and CK2. Steam says I have over 1000 hours in it and I started playing on the GamersGate version before Paradox switched to supporting only the Steam version. I can't wait for the China-ish DLC.

PS this thread is starting to display weirdly on my phone

PPS browser too

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I've been playing this game for a while (and I mean I got it while it was in alpha) I've heard people say that they have destroyed warships.

What bugs me is that I don't get a sense of progression, weapons don't get better. Each ship you unlock isn't better than the default one, and most of the skills are trite.

I mean, what's the ****ing point of even trying. Arcade is really hitting the nail on the head with this one, it feels like Tetris. You just play to kill time and have fun but beating it is optional and not worth the time.

I bought it late in beta. It was so polished that the full release didn't honestly change much. I'm surprised you don't feel progression. Having a ship with all, or even half of the perks fully upgraded is a tremendous difference in quality of life. Particularly when you get the crafting perks upgraded, you're very reliably using the best weaponry the game offers. While there are some weapons and items that are objectively better, the creators have taken pains to emphasize difference in play-styles, and accentuating pilot skill over itemization. This makes dog fights really fun. As towards the ships, the developers wanted a "different but equal" philosophy. The scout is relatively fragile, lacks endurance, and has less equipment, but is screaming fast, ultra maneuverable, and has access to a few good tricks. The gunship is it's inverse, and the default interceptor is a balance in between. While I liked the game, I didn't start loving until I unlocked the Scout. Easily the best and most enjoyable ship to fly. I have not yet purchased the DLC with the new ship, so I cannot comment on it.

I haven't touched FF-XV in something like 3.5 months (?). Wasn't going to play it again until Ignis DLC is released but then ecided I'd fire up the PS4 tonight and at least download/update the console, game, whatever else. Then curiously loaded a save.

--didn't take long for me to totally forget how to use the controller with the game. Finger-Fumble city

--oh is that what the Dream Egg ended up amounting to.

--oh that new Festival has new Assassin's themed team outfits (?), I must get those.

--but still sucking at the controller after 20 minutes, maybe tomorrow...

Can't wait for the Ignis DLC tho. First DLC trailer that had me half-excited vs. "ho-hum." Never did play Episode Prompto.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd recommend not playing Everspace with a controller. It's a shooter in space, it was pretty much made for keyboard and mouse controls. :)

Does it have proper flightstick support? It better.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks