What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Still playing Elex. Just reached level 10 and finally got all my attributes up to 30. From here on in I think I'm going to specialize as a ranged combatant. Pretty sure I'll be joining the cult. Cults are usually pretty fun.

I'm a Pirana Bytes kinda guy, sortof, within limits. How broken is it, is it worth full price. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I would wait for a month or so for patches to roll out. Follower AI is terrible (yesterday Caja, my follower, stood right next to me with her sword drawn doing nothing as I was killed by a high level mutant; that may have been revenge for the little trick I pulled on some of his fellows eariler) and there's a boob physics bug that's . . . distracting.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 1

Still playing Elex. Just reached level 10 and finally got all my attributes up to 30. From here on in I think I'm going to specialize as a ranged combatant. Pretty sure I'll be joining the cult. Cults are usually pretty fun.

I'm a Pirana Bytes kinda guy, sortof, within limits. How broken is it, is it worth full price. 

As a Piranha Bytes kinda guy, you should pick it up, imo. It might have some bugs, the worst I have encountered is clipping through the ground, and having to reload to be able to open a locker with loot. Other people have encountered some more serious bugs, but a patch is being worked on. For me, the experience has been great, both from a gameplay perspective and from a technical perspective.

I've still only had dialogue issues as outright bugs with Elex, and some periodic quirks with hitboxes. As always there's no point buying it at full price if you're not going to play it immediately, but I'd have no problem saying that it works fine with just the day 1 patch and is more stable than many games are after being extensively patched. As with Labadal that's PC, not console, so mileage may vary by platform.

I had one crash when I fired up the game for the first time. Sten's dialogues start halfway through their conversation cue list for some reason and a few other conversations are overly stilted andor seem to be missing lines. Also some of the generic responses to initiating trade and the like are clearly 'common' dialogue and done by different voice actors. Otherwise, hitboxes are fine 99% of the time but 1% of hits register when the animations show a clear miss, and the controls sometimes are a bit spongey/ unresponsive, plus the PDA UI could definitely do with some optimising for PC- and god forbid you only want to sell a few of that multi hundred stack of items as I can't find a way to specify smaller numbers except by clicking manually. I also don't think there's any way to tell exactly how many XP you have, and their choice of UI colours makes it difficult to see the level progress bar. And that's about it, so it's not exactly game break central, more like nitpick alley.

There is also a video interview of Ken Levine explaining BioShock for the first time and making ludicrous promises such as the main character being able to change the size of his sexual organ...couldn't find it on YouTube though. Being restricted to consoles? Not enough budget? Only Ken knows!

Lol.. I remember that. Spoken with lisp and all. I guess he figured it to be revolutionary design in nerd fantasy but maybe someone broke it to him that it's been done before.

And yeah, the inclusion of Elizabeth ruined part of Infinite and it's DLC. An annoying, emotional, screamy girl having to tag along and be rescued the entire game. Another great design choice.

"There is also a video interview of Ken Levine explaining BioShock for the first time and making ludicrous promises such as the main character being able to change the size of his sexual organ"

Is Levine an acquaintance of Weinstein's?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"There is also a video interview of Ken Levine explaining BioShock for the first time and making ludicrous promises such as the main character being able to change the size of his sexual organ"

Is Levine an acquaintance of Weinstein's?

Weinstein sex scandal seems to be 'growing' so yeah...

I don't like Ken Levine though, the guy is basically the male version of Ayn Rand.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

You could argue that Levine is pretentious and doesn't deliver what was promised but there's no way he's anything like Ayn Rand. Firstly he clearly dislikes objectivism as Bioshock is an out and out critique of the practicalities of objectivism with dozens of clear and unflattering references to Rand's literature; and he's done similar critiques of other philosophies in his games (Pagans/ anarchists in Thief, Many/ communists in SS2) so he isn't pushing any particular approach. Rand would criticise other philosophies for sure, but not her own.

Ken Levine would almost certainly know Harvey Weinstein. Gaming Ken Levine probably not though.

Rand would criticise other philosophies for sure, but not her own.

Sounds like the 6 billion people that are living around the globe right now.

Not me though, I am different, I am a perfect human being. /sarcasm

Levine is far more self deprecating than, say, CliffyB. His tendency to embiggen his games is pretty much the same though, but then you don't usually get to be head of a studio with more grounded descriptions- and he had the misfortune to have a bunch of talentless gits in the gaming press hanging off his every word and labeling him an auteur and similar for Bioshock Infinite which is his only real turkey. End of the day he did the story for three* of the more memorable video game stories, and that's 3 out of a list which would barely stretch beyond the fingers on two hands so not a bad effort at all.

*Well, Bioshock up until Andrew Ryan meets a golf club. After that it was a question of why they metacommentated on the railroading then continued it despite pointing it out plus some bollocks with a giant Oscar statuette. Still better than most other game stories though, and Thief and System Shock 2 were fab.

Levine is far more self deprecating than, say, CliffyB. 

I don't think many people here regard poor CliffyB as an actual human being since his target audience are usually 9-12 years olds.  :grin:

With that said, Gears of War is fun to play from time to time, even though the characters are cringy as hell. 

Giving Stellaris a rest for a while. I bought GalCiv III from steam this morning. The Gold Bundle is 66% off. I haven't played this since the first one. Let's see how far this has come. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Giving Stellaris a rest for a while. I bought GalCiv III from steam this morning. The Gold Bundle is 66% off. I haven't played this since the first one. Let's see how far this has come. 

They say it's pretty crap without the Crusader DLC though - so I hope you got that as well.

Fortune favors the bald.

They say it's pretty crap without the Crusader DLC though - so I hope you got that as well.

The bundle has everything, all DLCs. For $25 why not I figured. I love Stellaris, hated Master of Orion CTS, and I remember this was fun 10 years ago. I'll find out tonight. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

so I finally decided to buy New Vegas, any recomanded mods I should try on first playthrough?

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

You should play it pure at first, imo. Unlike Bethesda games, FNV can be enjoyed much even without a hundred mods.

/edit: Well, except for this community fix mod, which likely is a reasonable choice.

https://rd.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664

https://rd.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552/?

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Managed to get my hand on a reasonably priced SNES Classic Mini.

Sat down and replayed Starfox, then tried Star Fox 2 and... it's really easy to see why it was scrapped. A few good and fun ideas but boy oh boy. Starfox had some serious framerate issues, I wonder if the original had that too (it's been too long and my original cartridge is, uhm, long gone) or if the emulator's crapping its pants there.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

so I finally decided to buy New Vegas, any recomanded mods I should try on first playthrough?

Just me but I like the mods that extend the playlist for the radio stations. But FONV does not need a lot of help. I prefer small mods that add things rather than modify. The mods that add interiors to all of the unused buildings is a must-have IMO. Also the one that merges the Strip into one area is also a must-have. 

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell