What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Yeah, it's a gothic game. You need a level up plan rather than be a jack of trades and/or not to be worried about persistently running away from enemies. I'm level 5 I think, so I have some basic skills and equipment and I can reliably kill the turkey/ molerat analogues and other basic enemies without much difficulty at all. The snappers, gargoyles and most enemy humans I just as quickly fled from. I tried killing a pack leader snapper with a bow and it cheerfully shrugged off around 50 shots, which was a bit of a giggle.

(Combat difficulty is a bit of an S curve it seems. Better weapons and armour, and skills that increase damage seem to have a massive effect on difficulty disproportionate to how much they look like they should have. +10% damage kills things far quicker than +10% would suggest, and even basic armour means that a mutant chicken has to hit you 10 times to kill you rather than twice. There's clearly some sort of damage reduction going on, so if you hit something with 15 damage reduction and do, say, 20 damage then that +10% damage takes the applied damage from 5 to 7, which will actually kill it 40% quicker. That may not be the exact system, but it seems to work similarly)

Ok, either I've gone masochist or I had my first bit of fun with ELEX. after solving the murder quest I'm beginning to feel a bit better. Full disclosure, I did use Cheat Engine to buff myself 2 levels.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not the best endorsement I've heard for a game. :p Of course, I'm hardly one to talk, seeing as I use Cheat Engine's speedhack keybinds in almost every singleplayer game I play to save time...

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Bouncing between Fallout Tactics and yet another game of New Vegas. Obsidian makes it hard for me to care about buying any new games. What's the point? Enjoy merely walking around in NV more than playing the fully realized gameplay of practically anything else since. New Vegas during the day/Bloodlines at night. Don't need anything else, other than a new Cain/Boyarsky game...

• Like 5

Not the best endorsement I've heard for a game. :p Of course, I'm hardly one to talk, seeing as I use Cheat Engine's speedhack keybinds in almost every singleplayer game I play to save time...

Well, considering that a monster that you can kill in 3 hits yields the exact same XP as one you have to kill in 50, I'd say i'm justified.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Back in the days you had to kill the whole worldmap to gain as much xp as possible. If a monster in Elex gives barely anything now, I guess this isn't necessary anymore.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've been bouncing between Shadow of War (which has hit a very grindy stage), and Borderlands 2 lately in free time between lectures and studies, I'm pondering on re-installing Saints Row 2 for the sheer hell of it.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Back in the days you had to kill the whole worldmap to gain as much xp as possible. If a monster in Elex gives barely anything now, I guess this isn't necessary anymore.

Except that the same monster type has levels so an "old"(they put adjectives in front of the monster name instead of a numeric value) enemy is easier than a young one but both yield the same XP and the difference is significant enough to merit mentioning. It seems like there's a lot of hurdles in this game that just feel like unnecessary padding to make their open world appear to have the same value as a AAA production.

village_idiot.gif

Finished FFXII-Zodiac Age today. I have decided to go for minimum sidequests and get to the final boss as soon as possible. Still had to backtrack little bit to get some more XP, but I have defeated the boss as level 42. Still took me about 65hours. In a year or two, I will go for more in-depth walkthrough to get the Platinum trophy.

And almost finished MKXL. Missing only the last trophy, to get Platinum. Need to grind three more levels, which I am currently to lazy to do :-D

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Through exploration I found an extremely good weapon and now all but the very strongest enemies die in one or two shots. Very satisfying, haven't experienced this in an open world game since maybe Morrowind.

• Like 3

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished Shadow of Mordor, the very definition of mediocre. The Nemesis system is also way overrated, though it has some potential.

I was more impressed with it's main big quest of the second half. Turning the warchiefs. The game gives you a large task and provides a sandbox system to complete it. You can pick any orc anywhere on the map and make him into a warchief through a number of paths and the end result is somewhat uniquely yours. You set your own missions to accomplish the desired end result. It's not a perfect sandbox by any means but this is a direction open world games should go to instead of littering an open map with linear quests.

Titanfall 2 and Muv-Luv Alternative still.

I originally mained Monarch, decided it was great for hit and run and survival, but not good at doing damage. Mained Ion for a while, realizing it's basically a worse Monarch that's only good at goosing pilots and mowing down grunts. Now I'm moving on to Scorch!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Through exploration I found an extremely good weapon and now all but the very strongest enemies die in one or two shots. Very satisfying, haven't experienced this in an open world game since maybe Morrowind.

In Morrowind I once found an Ebony sword sticking out of the ground, it was amazing.  But as cool as this feels the first time around what's to stop you heading straight for that weapon on a replay?

Tried to go back to my Kingdoms of Amalur playthrough, ran into my first "trapped" chest and got reminded of one of the reasons I dropped the game in the first place. Obnoxious minigames, ugh.

EDIT: well dropped is a bit of a big statement, playthrough just petered out

Edited by marelooke

In Morrowind I once found an Ebony sword sticking out of the ground, it was amazing.  But as cool as this feels the first time around what's to stop you heading straight for that weapon on a replay?

Well you probably don't find everything on your first playthrough

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"