What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Played the first two hours of Elex. Absolutely loving it. The added verticality is something I've been asking for since the original Gothic (which had free-form climbing instead of a jetpack) and it's marvelous. Everything gets another dimension when you can look at it from above.

But holy hell am I rusty! The first thing that killed me? Falling off a cliff. I'm so used to having my hand held that I forgot that some games let you slip off an edge two minutes into the game and punish you with death.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ok, finished Before the Storm episode 2. Not as intense as the first one, but still good. Now having to wait another 8 weeks. God damnit, I really don't like episode titles anymore.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

ELEX is fun. I was always a believer. Piranha Bytes back in style.

I had the game pre ordered but I saw reviews anyways. One thing that concerns me and that maybe you can clear; is it true that the initial "hump"  in difficulty that its common in Piranha games, stretches longer in this game due to its open world nature?

I don't think so. There are some places to avoid, sure. But I don't feel like it is super difficult. You get lots of exp by completing quests. I have died on several occasions, though. For me, this is not a problem. I'll come back to those areas later.

ELEX is fun. I was always a believer. Piranha Bytes back in style.

What about bugs, controls and animations? Those are the worry points for me. :p

I have only played for 3 hours. Haven't experienced any bugs. Animations are PB style all over. Controls work well enough.

Exploration is good. The jetpack is a cool addition. It's actually useful when exploring. I've been to some places that I am not supposed to, that meant death. You can expect to die a lot if you explore the wrong place at the wrong time. I've been murdered by a human, some abominations, some other abominations, raptors and something more that I can't remember. ELEX is a better game than Risen 2 already. (I have R3 on Steam unplayed.) Combat will take some time to get used to, but then again, I hated the combat in Risen 1 for the first 4-5 hours, and I really ended up enjoying that.

I bought this for £22 and so far, it has been worth every penny, to be honest. There are factions and all that, but I don't know how much C&C there is in the game. What maters is that I am actually having fun and prefer this over Risen 2 by a large margin and I didn't even hate that.

Also, are you playing on the PC or PS4?  Sorry if you mentioned it already.

I'm playing on PC.

Exploration is good. The jetpack is a cool addition. It's actually useful when exploring. I've been to some places that I am not supposed to, that meant death. You can expect to die a lot if you explore the wrong place at the wrong time. I've been murdered by a human, some abominations, some other abominations, raptors and something more that I can't remember. ELEX is a better game than Risen 2 already. (I have R3 on Steam unplayed.) Combat will take some time to get used to, but then again, I hated the combat in Risen 1 for the first 4-5 hours, and I really ended up enjoying that.

I bought this for £22 and so far, it has been worth every penny, to be honest. There are factions and all that, but I don't know how much C&C there is in the game. What maters is that I am actually having fun and prefer this over Risen 2 by a large margin and I didn't even hate that.

Where on earth did you find it for £22?  I keep seeing it for £34-39.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Cheapest you can get it here is 49.99 EUR for PC and 59.99 Eur for consoles :-/ even GOG asks 49.99 :-/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I bought Icey yesterday and already got all the achievements. It was good. There's a free DLC I have yet to play though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Where on earth did you find it for £22?  I keep seeing it for £34-39.

I used CDkeys.com and added a discount code that I had.

You goofballs convinced me to buy Elex, so now I am downloading that. 

We have done our job.

/high fives the rest of the goofballs

//awaits check from THQ Nordic

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm playing Elex and I gotta say that the stamina bar is a stupid addition on what is already a very difficult curve. It is bad enough that the PB formula is to have you start useless but why they need to add a limiter on game that is open world, meaning that there are clusters of enemies which reveal the flaw that is the targeting system. So far I gotta say that the combat was way better on their earlier games, same with the story so far. But seeing as its a PB game I will endure a while longer and see if it picks up.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My main complaint with Elex is that it could do with some ease of use stuff. More than one map note and a minimap that shows terrain and the like. It makes sense not having them for a medievalesque game, but that's exactly the sort of stuff a PDA ought to have. I still haven't had a single genuine bug yet though just one or two dialogue quirks. Only other quirks are the tendency of the human enemies to chase you waving their melee weapons in the air impotently- but if they just pull out their ranged weapon and shoot you it's usually a one shot kill- and some slightly flakey hit box detection. I rather like the fatigue system though, it's not like it takes long to recharge and it stops Witcher style roll spam.

• Like 2

Got the new Cities Skylines DLC, so will make a city not polluted and noisy (and one that doesn't slam my CPU too).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shadow Warrior 2 was well worth the 25 bucks I spent on it. It's like an open-world Serious Sam/Doom/Painkiller with loot and upgrades. It's a pretty fun game to pick up and play anytime you want.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I feel like I'm betraying people here, but I decided to refund Elex. First off, I probably shouldn't have bought it given the fact I have way too many games going right now. But I was also a bit surprised how rough the controls were. The world felt a bit slippery, and the combat was not great. Then you also have some pretty bad dialogue.

I can get past all that, but I think I'd rather do so with a sale price instead of $50. :(

• Like 1

I wonder what they spent the most time developing in ELEX, everything  seems a bit rough from the characters to the environment. The combat and leveling curve seem poorly optimized and the game will give you a bunch of quest that require you to go places that are way above your level, which is made the more harrowing by the fact that leveling is so slow. Combat yields so few EXP even when is an enemy far above your level.
They're not kidding when they say that you should lure enemies towards NPCs, but kill stealing is very difficult and yields so little. So far I can't recommend this game as it is.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Normally you can't even scratch skull enemies with ranged/melee though you can still two shot them with magic.

I notice once you're on around the same level as the previous skull enemies you suddenly do a lot more ranged/melee damage. I think there's some level based damage/resistance at work.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

In the beginnning, you should probably try sticking with doing quests that are close by the first town. I got 7 levels that way. I have a warrior's sword 1 and I have actually started taking down some tougher enemies. Raptors, albs and an alb commander have died by my hand. There are still several enemies I can't scratch. I just let those be for now. I'm in the Tavar Desert, exploring the surroundings, doing quests and killing stuff. I am almost a member of the berserkers, too.

• Like 1