What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Giving a South Park game to Ubisoft San Fransisco was always a red flag. I only know SF from television (and GTA: SA) but apparently it's full of people being unbearably trendy, generating smug and smelling their own farts. Not a great fit for South Park.

Anyway, have you fine people of the forum heard the good news about our lord and saviour: Elex?

Pretty sure San Andreas is based on the Los Angeles region, namely Compton.

The best way to understand San Francisco is to meld Dirty Harry with You've Got Mail. Kind of a When Dirty Harry Met Sally sort of thing.

Giving a South Park game to Ubisoft San Fransisco was always a red flag. I only know SF from television (and GTA: SA) but apparently it's full of people being unbearably trendy, generating smug and smelling their own farts. Not a great fit for South Park.

Anyway, have you fine people of the forum heard the good news about our lord and saviour: Elex?

Sadly I had those worries during it's creation process when I read up and saw a thing on the people who worked there. It seems they are true hence why certain things comedy wise are absence. They definitely chose the "safe" route in comedy and doesn't feel middle of the road view wise either.

Just means I won't be buying another thing from Ubisoft again, even if it is South Park game.

And yes I'm whining, I know.

Well seeing how Trey and Matt couldn't make up their minds for the story of SoT and kept changing it (one of the reasons it got pushed back), I'm pretty sure they wrote the over all and Ubisoft had the finally say and had liberty to change/exclude what they wanted to keep the ball rolling.

The overall tone is kinda there but neutered, it's the fine details and absences of subjects being made fun of with a presence of "do not" that makes it jarring and feel somewhat different.

It's like watching South Park with religion in it but they aren't making fun of the religion at all. Idk it's hard to put my finger on. I'll just stay with it's neutered and fangless with jokes that by now everyone will at least get and be okay with, besides the cursing and fart and poop jokes.

Edited by redneckdevil

I was wondering that as well. Then again, from what we heard about SoT they could hardly have been any more hands on this time around. When it comes right down to it Obsidian is a far better fit for SP than any corporate studio except perhaps Rockstar or Volition.

Pretty sure San Andreas is based on the Los Angeles region, namely Compton.

That's Los Santos. San Fierro is the 2nd city in GTASA, where you go after you get betrayed by those despicable traitorous snakes Smoke and Ryder; it is definitely a San Fransisco analogue (GG bridge, steep roads with 'flat' cross roads to throw sparks and get air off, prominent gay quarter etc, and the name).

But anyway, this is distracting me from far more important things: Elex! Elex! uber alles!

Shouldn't the PS4 Pro and previous XBox One S be going down in price about now with the release of the XBox One X?  All I see is the same $450 to $550 price range for those consoles.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

WOW, ELEX is DA BOMB!

Good bomb or bad bomb ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Shadow Warrior 2(PS4)

The game is pretty much the same as its predecessor but the humor is really starting to wear off here, it can be pretty cringy at times.

So

-Combat is pretty much the same overall

-Visuals are more detailed

-The framerate is now a locked 30 fps instead of 60fps but that is obvious since it had to be sacrificed in favor of more visual detail

-Just like the first game you have many graphical options such as an fov slider, motion blur and depth of field which is pretty interesting for a PS4 port of a PC shooter

-Character models look pretty awful 

-The game tries to be less gory compared to the first game: more robot enemies and less humans and monsters

-The story feels more straight-forward which is a good thing since I don't have a single clue as to what the hell happened in the first game

Haven't had much chance to experiment with the loot system but I am not keeping my hopes up. Overall, it feels a little disappointing for the first 2 hours. Lets see how it goes from here.

I am also busy with Yakuza 0 and I give Fallout 4 a spin from time to time. I also want to try Elex pretty bad but currently I have no more room left for more games and I very much like to finish Yakuza 0 before the year ends so I guess it won't hurt to wait a month or two before I buy Elex?! Maybe it will receive a patch or two until then.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

More importantly, Shadow Warrior 2 replaces the hand-crafted levels of the original with procedurally generated ones, to ... Not a great effect, really. Beginning is hand crafted, but you'll get to the procedurally generated levels soon enough. The loot is completely underwhelming and rather pointless TBH.

• Like 1

Well that's a shame, the first game ended up being pretty fun but I myself am not a big fan of procedurally generated levels. Come to think of it, are there any games out there that do an exemplary job at implementing procedural generated content in a game? I don't know when or where this started but I do remember a friend playing Hellgate: London back in the days. Even back then it turned out to be one of the weak points of that game and Flagship Studios died soon after the games release.

Well that's a shame, the first game ended up being pretty fun but I myself am not a big fan of procedurally generated levels. Come to think of it, are there any games out there that do an exemplary job at implementing procedural generated content in a game? I don't know when or where this started but I do remember a friend playing Hellgate: London back in the days. Even back then it turned out to be one of the weak points of that game and Flagship Studios died soon after the games release.

TBH, Dialo II is the only game, which comes to my mind.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Some time ago I bought Dying Light full super elite edition with bells and whistles dirt cheap for a friend and myself, so going through that. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying the parkour mechanics. And drop-kicking former people down from great heights just never gets old.

Action seems a bit on the slow side, though, but we're not very far in yet. I wonder how (awesome) the game would be with a mod that made all zombies into Virals? I'm thinking 28 Days Later: The Game.

But anyway, this is distracting me from far more important things: Elex! Elex! uber alles!

That good, huh?

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

To what? Generated levels were in first one as well

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Dying Light is the game Dead Island should have been. I think it benefits greatly from a focus on movement, rather than combat. The QTE final boss fight is the game's biggest blemish. Overall, I loved it.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

To what? Generated levels were in first one as well

Katphood asked about exceptional procedural genrating, and IMHO, Diablo I is little bit over average.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Played some more Shadow Warrior 2 and while it is indeed evident that it uses procedural generation, the mini-map does a fine job of not letting you get lost. But I'll be damned, the shooting is still every bit as fun as the first game and the weapons have been pretty fun to shoot so far.  

Dying Light is a great game that I never finished. Looks like after SR2 I'll take a break from Saint's Row and finish Dying Light.

I had the same experience. I was having the time of my life with the game when all of a sudden it decided to crash on me while I was trying to capture a scene and it corrupted half of the files on my PS4...including my beloved P.T demo. :( 

I wonder how (awesome) the game would be with a mod that made all zombies into Virals? I'm thinking 28 Days Later: The Game.

I played the game with 3 friends and it gets a little arcadey like that- but even then, I would have a heart attack from stress, if all zombies were virals.. jeez, I get a sweat just thinking about it hah

Fortune favors the bald.

WOW, ELEX is DA BOMB!

Good bomb or bad bomb ?

Within the first 30 minutes I was thrown down a cliff, robbed, and punched out. They're going for some strong Gothic vibes. So far I'm really enjoying it.

I got brutally murdered by some sort of mutant turkey, just like in Risen 1. Ah, the memories! I did, however, manage to kill a rat on my first try.

That good, huh?

Better. It's a perfect 5/7.

(A bit consolised in the UI, my ancient 5770 could probably have handled the graphics, the narrator sounds like he was dragged in off the street and told to do a US accent, and the main character doesn't sound much better. So far it's very much G1/2 or Risen 1 in the things that actually matter though. As well as in the voice acting department. I'm pretty much sure already I'll get my money's worth, albeit for some reason it only cost 35usd here so effectively started 30% off)