What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

It can be quite unbalanced, but then that's the charm of the game as well - I've had some rotten luck in the last 2 games, after the 1.8.2 update - the AI seems more aggressive now.

The key to survival in Stellaris is location, location. and location. If the first civilization you meet is more  advanced AND is an as---le you're done. 

Plus, don't develop every type of weapon. Pick two that are different damage types and max those two out. I have been wasting time researching everything. That means when it matters I'm not really good at anything. 

True, but the tactis kinda changes with each patch, buff and nerf. You couldn't build tall before, that seems to be an option now at least.

Fortune favors the bald.

The disturbing thing about Stellaris is that there is a nude patch for it :/

You know...I'm not all that surprised.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It can be quite unbalanced, but then that's the charm of the game as well - I've had some rotten luck in the last 2 games, after the 1.8.2 update - the AI seems more aggressive now.

The key to survival in Stellaris is location, location. and location. If the first civilization you meet is more  advanced AND is an as---le you're done. 

Plus, don't develop every type of weapon. Pick two that are different damage types and max those two out. I have been wasting time researching everything. That means when it matters I'm not really good at anything. 

True, but the tactis kinda changes with each patch, buff and nerf. You couldn't build tall before, that seems to be an option now at least.

That's no joke. That game is literally brand new almost every time they patch it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That's no joke. That game is literally brand new almost every time they patch it.

that last DLC didn't bring much more to table except new hive mind policies no?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

WITCHER UPDATE! I FINISHED WITCHER 1

My thoughts: First off all, don't you hate it when you adopt a lil orphan boy to shield him from the horrors of war, only for the lil boy to turn out to be a  powerful time-traveling sorcerer whose future-self turns out to be the main antagonist behind the game? Yeah me too...ALVIN YOU ARE SO GROUNDED. Also, F**K OFF WILD HUNT SPECTER GUY!  If anyone's killing Alvin/Jaques it's ME, this is a family matter and papa!Geralt needs to do some parental-disciplining. I swear if there was a way for Geralt to order Jaques to go get a switch off a tree and beat his @ss, I would have taken it. I *hit* TOOK *hit* YO *hit* UNGRATEFUL *hit* ASS *hit* IN *hit* AND *hit* THIS *hit* IS *hit* HOW *hit* YOU *hit* REPAY *hit*ME? Also Berengar is a lil b***h. Boo-hoo, I can't have kids and I'm too awkward to talk to women so I'm gonna betray the order that made me into an awesome mutant monster killing machine because I'm sad. Meanwhile, Shanni is bae, Zoltan is my bro, and Geralt's totally-no-homo-okay-just-a-lil-homo-bff Yaevinn is awesome. Meanwhile, Triss annoys the hell outta me, though I gotta throw respect to her for being a fellow OG and simply using Geralt purely for sex.

*UPDATED I STARTED WITCHER 2*

CD PROJEKT RED THIS IS BULL**** WHERE IS MY BAE SHANNI?!?!?! My boy, Geralt is all laid up w/ Triss drinking her bathwater actin' like Shanni doesn't exist. Apparently, in the bios Shanni broke up with Geralt and Geralt came crawling back to Triss for some lonely-lickin'-my-wounds-heartbreak-booty. CD WHY YOU GOTTA DO M'BOY LIKE THAT? Anyway, Triss is even more annoying, she sounds like a California valleygirl in the middle of medieval Europe. I felt bad about my guy King Foltest tho. I mean sure, he was an incestuous-womanizing-short-tempered -jerkwad but there was a sense he cared about his townspeople and Geralt. Meanwhile, Roche is creepy, but Ves seems cool (imma hit that later), and one-eyed Iorverth is sexy as hell. I'm at the part when we're about to meet up w/ Dannilion and Zoltan. The combat is a lot more complex and I'm having trouble getting used to it, any tips?

• Like 3

that last DLC didn't bring much more to table except new hive mind policies no?

No that was the last one. The newest on introduces a new species type, new tech, rule changes, new storylines, and a few other things. It's worth the asking price IMO.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Completed Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst.

The graphics are both stylish and technically high-quality, yet for some reason pre-rendered cut-scenes are used instead of in-game ones. The number of times I hit glass walls with my face is enormous. The soundtrack and VA are neither annoying nor brilliant.

The mission objectives are unclear - often it says “Wait” instead of “Kill everything”, which triggers the next objective (during one mission, I sat in a vent shaft for 3 minutes, while waiting for the train). Runner’s Vision more or less leads to right point eventually, but it is never the optimal path.

Controls are as comfortable as possible for a first-person platformer - they are responsive, and movement and actions are fluid. Momentum is hard to measure.

GridNodes were the most interesting part - parkour puzzles. Free-running was fun at the beginning, but traversing the same paths after a while got boring. Fortunately, there is fast-travel system in place. The combat is good, despite the lack of weapon. Attack type (light/strong), direction and momentum are determining the action.

The last mission included too much blind MagHook shooting - I couldn’t see the target and just pressed “E”, when heard the “Interaction is available”-sound.

The plot - ME:C seems to be the first part of the series - all major forces are introduced, yet conflicts are unresolved. The protagonist’s logic sometimes was puzzling. Though, the lore and world-building are interesting. For some reason the prologue was put into a comic, instead of an actual mission (which could be the tutorial). ME:C's attempts to connect to the servers were annoying, but solvable.

TL;TR. It's fine.

WITCHER UPDATE! I FINISHED WITCHER 1

My thoughts: First off all, don't you hate it when you adopt a lil orphan boy to shield him from the horrors of war, only for the lil boy to turn out to be a  powerful time-traveling sorcerer whose future-self turns out to be the main antagonist behind the game? Yeah me too...ALVIN YOU ARE SO GROUNDED. Also, F**K OFF WILD HUNT SPECTER GUY!  If anyone's killing Alvin/Jaques it's ME, this is a family matter and papa!Geralt needs to do some parental-disciplining. I swear if there was a way for Geralt to order Jaques to go get a switch off a tree and beat his @ss, I would have taken it. I *hit* TOOK *hit* YO *hit* UNGRATEFUL *hit* ASS *hit* IN *hit* AND *hit* THIS *hit* IS *hit* HOW *hit* YOU *hit* REPAY *hit*ME? Also Berengar is a lil b***h. Boo-hoo, I can't have kids and I'm too awkward to talk to women so I'm gonna betray the order that made me into an awesome mutant monster killing machine because I'm sad. Meanwhile, Shanni is bae, Zoltan is my bro, and Geralt's totally-no-homo-okay-just-a-lil-homo-bff Yaevinn is awesome. Meanwhile, Triss annoys the hell outta me, though I gotta throw respect to her for being a fellow OG and simply using Geralt purely for sex.

*UPDATED I STARTED WITCHER 2*

CD PROJEKT RED THIS IS BULL**** WHERE IS MY BAE SHANNI?!?!?! My boy, Geralt is all laid up w/ Triss drinking her bathwater actin' like Shanni doesn't exist. Apparently, in the bios Shanni broke up with Geralt and Geralt came crawling back to Triss for some lonely-lickin'-my-wounds-heartbreak-booty. CD WHY YOU GOTTA DO M'BOY LIKE THAT? Anyway, Triss is even more annoying, she sounds like a California valleygirl in the middle of medieval Europe. I felt bad about my guy King Foltest tho. I mean sure, he was an incestuous-womanizing-short-tempered -jerkwad but there was a sense he cared about his townspeople and Geralt. Meanwhile, Roche is creepy, but Ves seems cool (imma hit that later), and one-eyed Iorverth is sexy as hell. I'm at the part when we're about to meet up w/ Dannilion and Zoltan. The combat is a lot more complex and I'm having trouble getting used to it, any tips?

Triss' personality was rewritten each game. She started from Yennefer-but-redhead to generic LI to freedom fighter.

Also, congrats on completing the game.

Edit. Typos.

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 2

also i forgot to ask, are there any steamworkshop mods for witcher 2 they'd recommend ?

There are no steam workshop mods, but there are mods on nexusmods. I would highly recommend the extended potion duration mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/5/?tab=1&navtag=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fwitcher2%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D5%26preview%3D&pUp=1 (There might be a better version-- ie, more customizable--of this mod somewhere on nexus.) Important note: due to the way modding in Witcher 2 works, you can't have more than one major mod installed at one time. There are mod compilations for people who what multiple mods at one time, however.

I just beat saints row 3....my hat is off to them. Damn do they know how to do a mutha****ing ending! I really enjoyed saints row 4 but I'm gonna say saints row 3 is my favorite.

I just realized that I have saints row 2 on steam, got it for free awhile back and forgot. Made me a character...I'm not gonna lie, I got hit with a massive punch of nostalgia. Haven't even escaped the prison yet, but so far liking it. I'm gonna have to get used to the new controls on the controller. My options menu doesn't give me options to change controls for controller, only my keyboard so just gonna learn how to play with what they have it set up with.

• Like 4

Replaying KotOR II, but for the first time with the restoration mod.

Just leaving Peragus II but so far the game didn't age as badly as I expected it to.

Other than the graphics, is there anything you thought could be outdated about the game?

Replaying KotOR II, but for the first time with the restoration mod.

Just leaving Peragus II but so far the game didn't age as badly as I expected it to.

Other than the graphics, is there anything you thought could be outdated about the game?

Controls mostly, ordering characters around is janky. The way you have to wait to access containers and corpses for loot is slow, but bearable. Quality of life type of things.

• Like 1

Completed Hustle Cat. Surprisingly fun dating-sim/VN, unlike the majority on Steam. The plot is light-hearted, yet interesting; the characters are adequate and relatable, graphics and soundtrack are good. The avatar is customizable and player's choices affect the ending.

Started Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. After Mirror's Edge the controls feel uncomfortable, to say the least. I strongly dislike when the developers put animations above control precision, but AC has always been like this, so nothing unusual. The plot is traditionally ridiculous.

CD PROJEKT RED THIS IS BULL**** WHERE IS MY BAE SHANNI?!?!?! 

As a fellow Shani lover, you'll be happy to know that she does make another appearance in the series eventually.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Here's to hoping that Saints Row 1 & 2 will hit the Xbox One backwards compatibility list, soon. I plan on buying an Xbox One X(or maybe just a One S) to play Sunset Overdrive and the remastered Halo games and being able to play the first two Saints Row games again with better resolution and framerate would  sweeten the deal a whole lot more.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Haven't even escaped the prison yet, but so far liking it.

I think the game has a really good start to get you into character. And in general the writing is very solid.
playing with an Xbox controller but the screen is popping up keyboard keys to press is my only semi beef, I believe I have gotten the controls where I want them.

I FULLY agree with you, so far the writing has been pretty damn good, a bit better I'd say than 3rd or 4th but I'll add that by then these are established characters by then.

So far really enjoying it. So sad I've slept on this series for so damn long, seems like I'm enjoying everything that they've done with the Saints Row. Really hoping for some remastered of the first one or just release it on PC then I'll be gold lmao.

Gatt is to damn awesome lmao. Granted he looks bizarre in the second one due to graphics but that damn courtroom scene was pretty damn funny :). Glad to see there's still humor in the game, was worried because alot of people have been writing that the humor and over the topness didn't really start til the 3rd.

Edited by redneckdevil

The humour is there. But the game has a darker edge to it. There are times where there is no humour, just the story. With the 3rd and 4th, even when things were dark, the over-the-topness kept things somehow light. SR2 is the game where all the truly dramatic events of Saints Row took place. So the earth blew up in the fourth game - sh!t happens.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finally finished up my epic playthrough of Xcom 2: War of the Chosen. It was a fantastic fleshing out of the base game.

I gave the Ghost Recon Wildlands a try for the free weekend, and it is pretty good. Kind of like a less crazy Just Cause. It's half off the price, so I decided to buy it.

• Like 1