What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Son has so far called it in fo1. He killed all the rats at the beginning and got to town and talked with first guy he saw. Then he got teleported to the scorpions cave and didn't encounter a single one until near the back of the cave and ran into 4 of them at the same time. Dies and reloads and goes into town and instead of talking with the first person, he shoots and dies from the town ganging up on him lol. Such nerd rage lmao.

Talk to Ian and hire him as a companion. Takes either a couple of caps (you should be able to scrap them together even at the beginning), or if you're a bit skilled in speech, or charismatic, you can convince him to follow you "for the action".

Give him a pistol and all is fine. Also you could check out Vault 15 first, but take a rope with you.

Radscorpions are dangerous in the beginning, because of the additional poison damage. Well, you might as well just use a pack of dynamite at the entrance. Collapsing the tunnel will solve the quest as well.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Death of the Outside is a bit annoying at times. Sometimes guards can see me, even though they really shouldn't. Same apparently applies to bodies I've tried to hide. It's especially annoying when you take a long time to finish a mission just to find out that somewhere someone had been found... or accidentally died.

Also I have yet to figure out what to do to craft boncharms. Suddenly the option to sacrifice them appeared, so I guess it might be story-locked. Still, can't do much with it yet and I'm done with the story soon.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Ruiner, fun enough once you get the gist of how it plays. The story and the world could have used some fleshing out and the controls needed some smoothing; all in all I would say that its worth to pick it up once its on a sale discount.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Kathy Rain is definitely worth the $5 I paid for it. Not a bad game, but nothing amazing. Hopefully I get to slam a bartender's nose against the bar, at least.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I finished Danganronpa v3. Oh man, what an ending. That was something else entirely.

They really do not want to make another one.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished Death of the Outsider. Think I liked it a tad more than Dishonored 2, though kinda sad about the much smaller maps. Then again, this also helped the performance a lot... game was running much better than its predecessor.

Though I thought the story was quite confusing at first. It's set after Dishonored 2, but in the beginning Billie still has her arms and eye? Then loses the body parts by the Outsider? If it weren't for that news article at the beginning, I would have thought it's set *before* D2 started, explaining how Billie lost the limbs...

Still pretty cool game, though. Wish I'd be a tad longer, as Billie is a cool character to play as.

• Like 1

I don't mind spoilers, so... how? I've felt like I didn't really missed anything, but apparently I did.

/Edit: Wait, does it have anything to do with this time travel mission, by chance? That one was pretty nice.

Edited by Lexx

Yup. Billie actually mentions she lost her arm and the eye because she wanted to help Stilton or some such and got in trouble with guards - so if you knock out Stilton in the past and prevent him from arriving to the seance, his manor in the present will be abandoned, but well kept as he's still alive, just not living there. Stilton himself will join you on board of the hub ship thingy. And Billie will have her bits back.

Now playing Franchise Hockey Manager 4

image4874523.jpg

It's better than FHM 3 but still has some flaws.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Finally got around to playing Satellite Reign, the laptop I had before I bought a proper desktop gaming PC couldn't run it. Not very far in yet, but it's fun so far -- I'm pretty sure we (I'm playing with a friend) are supposed to be able to stealth through some sections but either we suck or stealth mechanics are gimmicky and unpredictable, so most situations tend to end up the same way: with a heap of dead guards.

Either way, it's refreshing how easy it was to set up a game after giving up on Splinter Cell Blacklist which requires ****ing Uplay on top of Steam. GDIAF, Ubisoft.

• Like 3

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well I found stealth in Satellite Reign to only work in the beginning - and that's only because you can barely do anything else after having just started out.:

The easiest way to deal with the mid to late game is to gear your agents for heavy combat duty and start lobbing one grenade after the other at every generator in the buildings you need to infiltrate, kill everything that comes running and then just lay low until the alarm level goes back to normal. I suppose one could actually stealth to the generators and turn them off or hack the cameras but that takes a lot of planning and fiddling and is generally more frustrating than fun.

By the end of the game I didn't even bother with that any more, just walk around and shoot everything in sight.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

And finished Kathy Rain. Short game, I'd feel ripped off if I paid the full $20 for it. Not a bad game overall, puzzles could be harder but for what it is, an indie game, it is ok. They seemed to be fans of GK and Twin Peaks, heh. Last act went into bizarro territory but again, that is to be expected, at least once you start playing.

Not quite sure I fully get the ending, at the very least how Kathy wins the day but maybe I missed something.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yakuza 0 keeps getting better and better. Osaka is sooooo fun to explore, lots of people with interesting stories and backgrounds to interact with. It also helps that the main story isn't your average hollywoodian garbage.

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Demon's Souls (emulated). First time really playing it, which is funny, because I actually used to have a PS3 and Demon's Souls, but just wasn't interested in it at the time. It feels a bit less smooth and clunkier than even Dark Souls 1...and not just because I'm emulating it. For very early PS3 emulation, it's surprisingly stable and I mostly get a constant 30 FPS (the game's max). No crashes yet, though my audio did cut out one time. I don't think I'll like it as much as DS1 or Bloodborne, but it's already clearly better than the trash heap that was Dark Souls 2. I'm also playing Dark Souls 3 as well...and now that I think of it, it doesn't seem like the greatest idea to play both of these at the same time. From what I've played, though, I think my rankings of the Soulsborne games will probably end up BB > DS1 >> DS3 > DeS >>> DS2.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

And finished Kathy Rain. Short game, I'd feel ripped off if I paid the full $20 for it. Not a bad game overall, puzzles could be harder but for what it is, an indie game, it is ok. They seemed to be fans of GK and Twin Peaks, heh. Last act went into bizarro territory but again, that is to be expected, at least once you start playing.

Not quite sure I fully get the ending, at the very least how Kathy wins the day but maybe I missed something.

Is that more of a storytelling game first, or detective/P&C? Hard for me to get a feel from just the store page...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Is that more of a storytelling game first, or detective/P&C? Hard for me to get a feel from just the store page...

It's a point and click, detective work in the game could be deeper. Have to say none of the puzzles were illogical (even when in the mandatory WTF zone supernatural games have)

• Like 1

Demon's Souls (emulated). First time really playing it, which is funny, because I actually used to have a PS3 and Demon's Souls, but just wasn't interested in it at the time. It feels a bit less smooth and clunkier than even Dark Souls 1...and not just because I'm emulating it. For very early PS3 emulation, it's surprisingly stable and I mostly get a constant 30 FPS (the game's max). No crashes yet, though my audio did cut out one time. I don't think I'll like it as much as DS1 or Bloodborne, but it's already clearly better than the trash heap that was Dark Souls 2. I'm also playing Dark Souls 3 as well...and now that I think of it, it doesn't seem like the greatest idea to play both of these at the same time. From what I've played, though, I think my rankings of the Soulsborne games will probably end up BB > DS1 >> DS3 > DeS >>> DS2.

kd-11, nekotekina and few others made specific efforts to make the DeS happen even so early in the RPCS3 development. I just hope someone frome their team will put same effort into making Tales of Vesperia work. I have the game, but I don't want to mod my PS3 to patch the disk with English Translation. So my only hope to play this game, is this emulator, because Namco Bandai hates me, and does not want to translate it :'(

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I couldn't get into Demon's Souls. I also have it on PS3 and it's the only Soulsborne I've not completed, not counting DLCs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."