What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Danganronpa v3. Loving it like I love the other mainline DRs. I just hope the overarching mystery is as good.

Muv-Luv Alternative is on hold while I play it.

I'm also playing around with the SNES classic. I got to Andross on Level 1 of Star Fox, but realized I don't really care for the game. So I'm done with that. I moved on to Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I'd never played it before (though I'm sure I have it on GBA and never got around to it), so this should be quite a lot of fun for me. So far the animation and graphics on it hold up a lot better than the other titles I've checked out.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In the beginning it is quite annoying, though, as you kinda need to get as much as possible for the powers (runes).

Not really, you can finish the game while not using powers at all. They make the game easier and open up more options, but as there's no such thing as skill gating in Dishonored 2 either, missing bone charms is fine.

FO1 had implants? I don't remember that.

There's also the Power Armor that ups your strength by ... Three I think? Thus no need for more strength than 5, really. Edited by Fenixp

I kinda liked outdoorsman in Fallout  :(

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Okay, real important question. My son has asked to play fallout 1! He watched me play and thought it was cool and asked to play when I got off but it was his bedtime for school.

He's in 5th grade and will be his first real rpg.

Now I have never beaten the game all the way thru, so I am asking what are best stats to start off with and what skills and how high before u stop putting points into it for a single playthru for a noob?

I know the system so I can explain that to him. I want to give a serious try and push for him before he discovers FO3 and on. His next FO will be fonv, I will let him play that if he doesn't get into it.

Won't this depend on what type of ending you want and what type of character you play? I guess since you've never completed the game before you couldn't guess on the former. I haven't played in 6 or 7 years since so I can't give specifics, but I've played it once with a character that didn't do any build optimization and I didn't have too many issues completing the game... though I did need quite a few reloads to see only one of the endings. That could be frustrating for him depending on his patience.

Also you should stay with a character until you complete the game sometime. It's not as time consuming as other popular RPGs for one play-through; 15 hours should be sufficient. 20 if you are slow.

Isn't there perk for each attribute?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Going down to 8 agility is pretty commonplace - the AP formula is 5 plus half your agility, rounded down, so at both 8 and 9 agility you get 9AP.

Yeah, but with 10AP you can shot twice with most weapons, if you get specific perks, you can reduce the use cost -1 and then burst fire twice, or do two aimed shots, etc. which makes the game a lot easier in certain situations.

/Edit: additionally you can take Action Boy, which gives you another AP.

Now I'm not saying this is necessary. In fact, I regularly only play a 7ap character, because I don't do much actual combat... But for a beginner it's the best way to start, imo.

Isn't there perk for each attribute?

That was in Fo3/ FNV.

/Edit: Actually, Fo2 has the perk as well ("Gain X") - Fo1 really doesn't, though. The game would be way too short for that anyway, imo.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Took a little break from the studies to pull out the classic Evil Genius.

Still some amusing, although it does move slower than I remember.

I'm in the middle of a playthrough myself. Though I used to be better at this game...

Yeah, I always have to readjust my playstyle when I come back to it - it's actally a tough little title, if you don't prepare the agents are gonna wipe your out.

It's remembering to keep your Notoriety low to give you time to build, while still letting it get high enough to open things up for you... A tender balance to set.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finished Agents of Mayhem. Great presentation overall, characters are very well thawed out with some interesting backstories that makes them feel more alive. The issue with game however is that it's basically empty, the main mission in the game is so badly written that you can not figure out what the hell is going on and why. And the missions, it's basically clearing the same underground base over and over again until the game is done. A few of those missions happen outside of those boring, godawful underground bases but they aren't anything more than 'go to point A, hack a machine, clear the enemies'. That's it! That is all Agents of Mayhem has to offer in terms of mission design. The game also ends pretty abruptly...like I said, no real story here. It's almost as if Deep Silver showed up at Volition's door one day and said 'That's it, finish the game. We have ran out of money'. It basically suffers from an MGSV syndrome which is a shame because parts of the game are very well done. 

Also started playing a few new games:

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Infodump! It's when you read something and realize that you have wasted your time. The game spends a humongous amount of time describing every aspect of a character with each new paragraph which is simply bothersome. That's not what I call good writing.  Also, is this supposed to be a spiritual successor to PS:T, an original IP or both?! At times it's as if they are trying to hard to stay faithful to PS:T instead of presenting something original. The Underbelly is a good example, you really can't make out what the place is supposed to be, it's just a mess! I guess they wanted to make something similar to The Buried Village...pffft. And then there is that bar/tavern on Cliff's Edge which tries to hard to be like The Smoldering Corpse bar. The combat however is probably the worst offender, every action you make -whether you are outside of combat or not- draws points from either of the Might, Intellect or Speed pools. Refilling them requires you to either rest or use items. With your enemies not being exactly generous, the only proper way to play the game is to rely on Intellect so you can skip the godawful combat which is 10x worse than that of PS:T... 

Yakuza 0

Plays and looks amazing. Runs at a rock solid 1080p 60fps on my base PS4. Some sacrifices are made in the visuals every once in awhile(when you go into interiors sometimes, there are some simple textures here and there. The Dojima Headquarters is a good example for instance) but overall it looks amazing. The story is also very deep and satisfying and if you are a new comer to the series like me, it's the perfect place to start. I am loving it! Haven't played a good beat em' up game in quite a while so there is immense amount of fun to be had. :) Wish more games ran this good, the only other ones I know of besides Yakuza 0 are MGS V and DOOM.

That's it for now. Let's see if I have the courage to go back to T:ToN and actually finish it this time around.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

So Agents of Mayhem had the same thing happen to it as did Gat Out Of Hell?

To be honest, I played Gat Out of Hell about a month ago or so and it was certainly more fun compared to Agents of Mayhem. I don't think we will see or hear anything from Volition for some time which is sad. Each of the Saints Row games had something to offer with Saints Row 2 being the best in the series, but Agents of Mayhem simply failed on every front except for the presentation maybe(those anime cutscenes are awesome and there are quite few of them). At this point, all I want from Volition and Deep Silver is a Saints Row Trilogy HD collection or simply a remaster of the first 3 games.

I finished SteamWorld Dig 2 at 77% of the secrets found.  It took me just under 16 hours.  Now I just need to find the last 23% of the secrets.  Fantastic game.  It starts out good and keeps getting better and better throughout.  Just a wonderfully crafted game in practically every aspect imaginable, from the terrific aesthetic, to the great music and sound design, to tight responsive controls, to a great variety of upgrades, to interesting creatures, to great level design.  I honestly am at a loss when trying to think of something to criticize.

Game of the Year 2017

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Game of the Year 2017

Yup, they proved that it is still possible to make a great Steampunk-themed game. I had a blast with the first one and now the sequel...man, payday can't come soon enough! 

• Like 1

Got yesterday the last of the online Trophies for Mortal Kombat X. Win 10 Ranked games. It took me almost 2 hours and 23 matches. Only 4 matches out of them were with people with similary ****ty skill as me. 6 were complete beginners, 3 were like above average and everyone else was just a spammer, who was repeating like 2 or 3 most exploitive moves, who get literally raped with good players all the time, so they need to vent their frustration and beat some old people and toddlers to feel good again...

I always loved the game, but I really hate how the game evolved into juggling fest. The first person who launches his opponent into air wins most of the time.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

A friend and I looked at Agents of Mayhem, as we enjoyed the Saints Row games and thought "Great, they are doing a group multiplayer game finally!  We can get our mates together like for Borderlands 2!"  Then we found out that no, it was not multiplayer, it was very specifically single-player despite the game almost screaming to be multiplayer.  I'm not a guy who wants multiplayer in all games, on the contrary I argue against it most times like with Pillars of Eternity, but in this case I think it should have been multiplayer. 

Their statements about how players don't want character customisation because players never cosplay as their custom characters seems to show a complete lack of a clue on Volition's part regarding both what their players wanted and how cosplay works (fun fact: no one will know you are cosplaying a custom character, thats why people don't cosplay as custom characters...). 

Finally, the pre-order extras like actual characters that should be in the base game just stank to high heaven.  So we decided no, **** that ****.  Sounds like we made the right choice.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I finished SteamWorld Dig 2 at 77% of the secrets found. It took me just under 16 hours. Now I just need to find the last 23% of the secrets. Fantastic game. It starts out good and keeps getting better and better throughout. Just a wonderfully crafted game in practically every aspect imaginable, from the terrific aesthetic, to the great music and sound design, to tight responsive controls, to a great variety of upgrades, to interesting creatures, to great level design. I honestly am at a loss when trying to think of something to criticize.

Game of the Year 2017

And once you get 100% completion, I believe you unlock an extra challenge area.

• Like 1

I finished SteamWorld Dig 2 at 77% of the secrets found. It took me just under 16 hours. Now I just need to find the last 23% of the secrets. Fantastic game. It starts out good and keeps getting better and better throughout. Just a wonderfully crafted game in practically every aspect imaginable, from the terrific aesthetic, to the great music and sound design, to tight responsive controls, to a great variety of upgrades, to interesting creatures, to great level design. I honestly am at a loss when trying to think of something to criticize.

Game of the Year 2017

And once you get 100% completion, I believe you unlock an extra challenge area.

Awesome!  Now I'm even more motivated to find the last few secrets.

Man, what an amazing month for indies.  First SteamWorld Dig 2, then Cuphead, and now Battle Chasers: Nightwar (I'll be picking that up soon) comes out.  No day 1 DLC bull****, no ludicrously priced season pass (**** season passes in general), no greedy as **** microtransactions, just really great games at a fair price.  No wonder indies have gotten 90+% of my money over the last few years.  Indies just keep getting better and better, while the big publisher games (for the most part) just keep getting greedier and greedier. 

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

players don't want character customisation because players never cosplay as their custom characters

Say what?

I don't cosplay at all, does that mean I do not play any games? Whoah, what have I been doing with all that time? And the cash?

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

players don't want character customisation because players never cosplay as their custom characters

Say what?

I don't cosplay at all, does that mean I do not play any games? Whoah, what have I been doing with all that time? And the cash?

I dunno man!  You better ask them, cause apparently they think you been dressing as Shaundi!

https://www.polygon.com/features/2017/4/3/15154850/agents-of-mayhem-gameplay-preview-video-saints-row-volition-sleeper-hit

For one, Volition looked at how Saints Row fans talked about the game online and who they cosplayed as at conventions. It turned out, players didn’t seem to care much about their created main character — known as “The Boss.” Rather, fans shared scenes centered around and dressed up as side characters like Shaundi and the aforementioned Pierce.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

If I can't play as my custom douchebag in the next Saints Row game, I won't play it.

PUU0aQ.jpg

Gat out of Hell was kinda crap, though, because it's pretty much a collection of all the minigames of SR3 and 4. Also couldn't play as my custom douchebag anymore, not even after finishing the story. Sucks.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."