What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

I waited in line 20 minutes. I forgot they were coming out until 9:40 AM today, told work I was leaving for a little while, ran to the mall. Gamestop's line told me they were all reserved, Toys R Us told me they were all reserved but recommended I check Best Buy. Got to Best Buy, got ticket 65. I was out by 10:20.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

SteamWorld Dig 2 just keeps getting better and better.  This is definitely Image & Form's best game to date.  SteamWorld Dig was very good.  SteamWorld Heist was very good. SteamWorld Dig 2 is phenomenal.  Given how stacked this year has been with really great games, calling this GotY might be overstating just a tiny bit, but it definitely belongs in the conversation.  They took everything that made the first game really enjoyable, improved almost every aspect, and added a bunch more.  This is a shining example of the greatness indie devs can produce for a tiny fraction of the budget AAA devs get.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Different playstyle, I guess. I got so used to "modern" RTS that I really failed at the original Red Alert now. On the other hand, replaying the old Red Alert made me realize how... kind of... simple the game actually is. You build as many units as possible, then walz over the enemy. Rinse and repeat.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Getting my ass handed to me in OpenRA. I don't remember sucking this bad. Either I'm getting old, or a decade of games coddling me has taken its toll...

Probably a little from column A and a little from column B.  I know my dexterity in games has definitely fallen off as I've gotten older.  I struggle in games that require lots of rapid, split-second inputs.  Back in the day, when I still had hair on the top of my head, I could handle such things.  I mean, I wasn't the best, or anything, but I did beat Ninja Gaiden (NES) and that game is pretty damn hard.  That game would break me today.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It's not a coincidence that most of the top players of twitch-based esports are invariably teens and very young adults. ...Of course, the fact that they have more time on their hands to practice their craft than older players probably also has something to do with it, I'm sure.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Still playing Ruiner; I've gotten better at it but there are still some balancing issues. I kept thinking that the song for Renkok South was giving me vibes of Susumu Hirasawa; specially the vocals, then I found out that he did the soundtrack. Afterwards I went and bought it, I love me some Hirasawa.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My girlfriend was at work today, so I have spent most of the day playing online matches of Mortal Kombat X and collecting some very rare trophies. I have finished all the XL DLC trophies today, including one crazy hard one, where you had to win with Bo'Rai Cho in ranked match and make sure, you do not hit your opponent with 4+ combo...

After like 5-8 absolutely humiliating flawless defeats, because I really suck hard with this fighter, Matchmaking finally found someone who sucks at this game as much as I do, and now I am proud owner of Ultra Rare trophy, which was achieved only by 0.1% of MK X owners \o/

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Dishonored 2 is a pretty cool game. If it just wouldn't have such a bad performance... it's the first game my pc can't handle to the max, and even with reduced settings (which don't look much worse), it has times where the fps are going down.

Also just noticed that this new thing coses 30 bucks because it's a standalone game. Always thought it was a dlc...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Took a little break from the studies to pull out the classic Evil Genius.

Still some amusing, although it does move slower than I remember.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My completionist tendencies are ruining my enjoyment of Dishonored 2. I feel like I'm missing out if I don't collect all the things, but that usually means backtracking and taking every route through the level instead of the one that comes naturally. Don't get me wrong, the level design is great and I can see all the care and effort that went towards constructing them, but it feels wrong to be incentivised to faff around and explore every single inch of it rather than trying to accomplish the actual objective.

It does bring to the forefront my irritation with 'collectibles' in this sort of game. The game lets you loot certain paintings which have nothing but monetary value, but at the end of each level it scores you on how many of them you found. There's really no reason for the game to score the player like this, other than to irritate people. Hell, it keeps track of every single gold coin obtainable on the level as if to taunt you over the ones you didn't find.

I need to take a step back and recalibrate my brain, in the hope that I can get in the mindset of ignoring all that crap and just focus on getting from A to B.

• Like 4

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I have exactly the same feelings about it. I wouldn't care much if not for the heart item and all the dots on the screen, but this way.. I just can't ignore it and it feels like missing out, even though most of that stuff (except for the runes) has no actual influence on me.

It didn't bother me in the new Deus Ex games, because here you really have to explore on your own if you like to find all the praxis kits. Also Deus Ex doesn't rub in your face that you only found 1000 of 3000 money.

Guess these statistics are a remnant of the Thief gameplay. I find them adding a sense of tediousness to the game.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 3

I'm in the middle of a playthrough myself. Though I used to be better at this game...

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm in the middle of a playthrough myself. Though I used to be better at this game...

Yeah, I always have to readjust my playstyle when I come back to it - it's actally a tough little title, if you don't prepare the agents are gonna wipe your out.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I did say "Can't complain about optional statistics" back when I played the game and got impressed by how much info it tracks for people who are intetested, but apparently, you can :p Anyway, you can absolutely disable all the markers distracting you in the UI options.

Edited by Fenixp

Disabling the markers wouldn't solve the problem. Just making it even more tedious. :>

I am forcing myself now to ignore the bonecharms, etc. because I don't really need them anymore for my character. In the beginning it is quite annoying, though, as you kinda need to get as much as possible for the powers (runes).

Thinking about buying that new game already... didn't even finished Dishonored 2 yet, tho.

Okay, real important question. My son has asked to play fallout 1! He watched me play and thought it was cool and asked to play when I got off but it was his bedtime for school.

He's in 5th grade and will be his first real rpg.

Now I have never beaten the game all the way thru, so I am asking what are best stats to start off with and what skills and how high before u stop putting points into it for a single playthru for a noob?

I know the system so I can explain that to him. I want to give a serious try and push for him before he discovers FO3 and on. His next FO will be fonv, I will let him play that if he doesn't get into it.

Strength of 5 should be ok for most folks, intelligence to 9 is enough (you can get some implant upgrade to 10 later if you still need it), agility should be set to 10 for the most action points (10). Everything else... do as you please. Also using the gifted trait is a must-- gives you +1 attribute point everywhere, and the reduced skill points are a laughable tradeoff.

You should make small guns your tag skill. Other than that, my personal preference is lockpick and speech, though you might as well go with lockpick and stealing / sneak.

Small guns is your must-have skill if you are a new player, because it will take a while for you to find a big gun, and energy weapons are late-game.

You should pump small guns to about 100% before you put points in anything else. After that... go as you please, really. But keep in mind that gambling, outdoorsman and traps are pretty much useless most of the time.

Other than that you should just let him do. The game isn't that long and if he feels like his character is bad or he f'd up, then just restart. At least that's what I did when playing Fo1 for the first time in 5th grade. :> (I was addicted to the game and played it for a full month on and off, though)

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2