What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Played (and finished) Apotheon which was interesting if a bit too long for its own good, now dabbling in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe before I'll proceed to Breath of the Wild. :)

I'm playing Apotheon as well. It really is just a bit too long, with areas that are just a bit too big at times (...the underwater section, good lord).

I'd say Artemis was the worst for me. A huge map, one hell of an annoying boss fight and the trophy of the wilds quest. Poseidon comes in as a close second due to the sheer enormity of it all and the time it takes to traverse the ocean.

I liked the more focused levels of Ares, Athena and Hades, but that's probably just me and my need to uncover the maps as much as possible. :)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Athena is my favorite. Less action and more puzzle-oriented, which is a very, very welcome respite by the time you get to it. Furthermore, Athena herself is kind of cool, so that helps. Apollo, Artemis, Poseidon, et. al. would be just fine if they were...a little smaller. Well, in Poseidon's case, maybe half as small, :p. It's just a bit overwhelming every time you try to tackle one of these, so much so that you're pretty exhausted by the time you finally finish an entire area. I also wish there was an easier way to manage your weapons...I basically always use whatever is "below" fists (aka whatever's at the very top) because it's so annoying to try to switch between anything else quickly in the middle of combat. Too many weapons...I'd like to just drop a majority of the low-end weapons, but they get damaged if you do and some of them are actually pretty rare, so...keeping a full armory on me the entire game, I guess.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I was having that idle look through my steam library to see if I was in the mood for anything.. and suddenly saw Borderlands 2.  Which surprised me. I can't recall ever actually buying it. I'm left pondering and doing that "...Okay. Which sale did I grab that in?"

Still, installed and gave it a short play before life interupted.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Jumping around between Guild Wars 2 and Stellaris. Working on HoT stuff in the former, got my 2nd ascended Caladbolg weapon and working on The Shining Blade (because I hate myself). In Stellaris I have two games running: one with the Leviathan add-on and an older one in co-op. We just got our asses handed to us because my friend thought we could take on a fallen empire before it awakens. xD

Haha, I started on The Shining Blade mostly because I wanted Vengeance (2nd stage of the precursor, talk about masochism). I do hope The Shining Blade is not any indication of a trend for material requirements on legendary weapons though. "Insane" is putting it mildly.

I've put that on hold to craft The Minstrel instead and start preparing for Legendary Armour since I'm getting close-ish (still a few very painful bosses to learn: Slothasor, Matthias and Xera come to mind) to finishing the first collection on that. 50 Provisioner Tokens per armor part is just mean (and tedious), so better start early so you can spread it out if you ever intend to go for it.

While the armor might be expensive it will probably save me gold in the long run, being a Chrono main (and if the trend of stupid expensive Mesmer statsets/runes continues with PoF...)

Precursor scavenging  is what killed the game for me originally. The material requirements were a joke, I got so pissedd off I sold the deldrimor steel and spiritwood plank I was supposed to use just to craft the first of the Hunter and used the money I got to buy the finished precursor on TP with money to spare. So Shining Blade isn't so much a trend setter as a continuation of it. I was only willing to go for it because I almost have enough T5 mats to craft the curios (also, must have swooooords). Legendary armors I'm unwilling to even imagine the costs and they're all ugly.

As for mesmers, if I knew my silvary will end up being a time mage I would've called her Thyme instead of Lilly. :p

Hmm, I crafted Sunrise before and the Precursor (Dawn) wasn't that much of a problem. I bought a few of the things I needed (mostly out of impatience) but I just farmed most of the other materials (helps that I just enjoy taking in the sights while mining stuff or chopping down trees). But the amount of Elder Wood required for Save The Queen is just...beyond ridiculous. 104 (and 100) stacks of Elder Wood.

As for legendary armour, it's not that bad, the most annoying part is the Provisioner Tokens (50 per piece), I'd rather have just crafted another 250 basic mithril swords or whatever, rather than this timegated...junk. Still, I'm not done with the achievements by a long shot (Matthias, Xera and Keep Construct are still on the to-do list...) so I still have quite a bit of time to sort all that out. (and if I really get fed up with those I could eye a set of Legendary WvW armor instead)

Edited by marelooke

I'm playing SteamWorld Dig 2, it's awesome.  Image & Form are 3 for 3 so far with their games.  It's very much like the first SteamWorld Dig, but with an expanded repertoire of abilities and upgrade system.  If you haven't played the first SteamWorld Dig, imagine Dig Dug, if Dig Dug was made today instead of 35 years ago and was also a quasi-metroidvania.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Came down to see the family. Daughter's tablet is broke so she can't get her Minecraft fix so got her set up on her 2ds to connect to internet to get the Minecraft.

She's sad because she has a reg 2ds and it's not designed for it (only the NEW 3ds and cleaning 2ds bah humbug) so we got her some demos to try.

She's fell in love with miitopia demo so I surprised her with a hard copy.

It's actually fun so far and secretly excited to get her pulled into rpgs. Her character is a pop singer and she created me as a thief. She made her older sister the overlord (which looks very cool lmao) and her brothers part of the party too. Her older brother is a mage and youngest is a knight. She's been playing and making (it's fun so not really making me lol) me play as well.

Didn't think I was gonna like it at first because it's NPCs are the Mii avatars but they random it up. In my game I have to save a child John Cena's face back while in her game it's the DC cyborg whos the kid who has face stolen. It's one of those weird games that shouldn't work but does lol.

• Like 2

So they switched the engine for Dishonored 2. It looks amazing now, but also I can't play the game in max graphic settings anymore.. wut. Had to tune it down to "high" for getting a steady framerate. That's like the first game I've played in years that does not run smooth when maxed out.

Also it appears to be quite a tad harder than the first game. Guards seem to see me much quicker, and I find it harder to see objects in the environment, because of a lack of outlines. Kinda wish I had the outlines back. Like... When finishing a mission, I always see that I barely scrapped together the possible coins to find, huh. I just can't see them anymore. Same with the letters and books to read. There's so many of this stuff lying around everywhere and you can't interact with them, but then suddenly there *is* a letter you can interact with... but they all look the same. So basically the game is forcing me to look at anything everywhere, which can be a bit off putting at times.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Kathy Rain was on sale. Still early in to it but seems worth $5. I am sure I will tire of the protagonist though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished my NV Legion/melee build, of which I ended up using guns anyway. Melee is just so lame compared to guns in the game. And every time I think of trying to start a Fallout Tactics game, I just get put off by preparing a build and team. I just don't think it's my kind of game or maybe most things I read are written by people with some OCD about a perfect build, or both.

Yeah, I just stuck to the main story this time mostly as my last playthough included all DLCs. So I completed the game before obtaining many of the perks. It was also a fairly buggy playthough for the short amount of time, so I really just got to the point of wanting to finish it out and start a new game fairly soon as well.

Tried the kickstarter demo for Stygian, a RPG inspired by the works of Lovecraft. Seemed pretty great except for some minor things. Gonna be a fun and unique experience once it release.

Also replaying Expeditions: Viking. Still absolutely loathe the way they handled the looting in this game but other than it's been nicely improved since its release. Enjoying it a lot.

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 2

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Lately I've been doing a bit of nostalgia gaming. Last week I played GOG's version of the Temple of Elemental Evil, which proved to be a lot better and a considerably more different experience than the game I played more than ten years ago. Lots of different beginnings, content and endings and a lot of extra areas and NPC's.. Unfortunately my headset was broken during that week so I can't say whether sounds was improved as well.. ;(

In the last few days I've been playing this really ancient game, the first of the Might & Magic series called Book One - Secret of the Inner Sanctum. I've been trying to play it a couple of times in the past two decades, but somehow I just never managed to stick around with it long enough for it to grow on me, but this time I managed to hack the memory of the stats rolls at character creation to create a team with a higher level of survival to deal with my lack of tolerance for tedious gaming.. :biggrin:

Anyway, in regards to M&M1, I think that must be one of the most annoying games I've ever played, probably because I've been pampered and hand-held in so many ways in games with considerably more user friendly and informative designs.. It's not the lack of a minimap nor a compass which means I have to pay a lot of attention fo maps on my desktop to avoid being totally lost that bothers me, not the total lack of item identification, not the text-based nature of combat which doesn't even include names of spells which means that I have to use the manual all the time as a spell reference..  All those things are really nice to have, but even today developers often fail to do them right.. Nope, what really bothers me is that I have to get back to a town, find the Inn and sign-in, before the game kills me, to save my progress.. Happened so many times that I was piling up Exp point in a dungeon somewhere ready to get several levels at once, with a ton of gold to fund them too just to get whacked by a random encounter in the last minute with total loss of Exp, gold, gear.. Back to square one..    :aiee:

Games today that offer as little choice and visibility as this game is usually played in a super-hardcore ironman difficulty, which for some reason was the default setting in 1987.. It's a pretty funny and embarrassing thought. :blink:  Gotten as far as Level 7 with a bit of self-moderation, but there is really too much grind already, perhaps I need to see what else this game has got to offer, before I grind it to death for fear that it will kill me before I get the point.. There is a roadblock and I am afraid it's me. :skull:

• Like 1

(Signatures: disabled) 

Enjoyed Stygian. The atmosphere is well done. The unique art style might not be every person's cup of tea, but it fits the setting. And with what Unity allows, they have worked well to set the mood.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ruiner; don't ****ing buy it unless you're one of the nails in dickholes crow. Meaning you enjoy extreme punishment and will make excuses for poorly designed games just because they're difficult.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ruiner; don't ****ing buy it unless you're one of the nails in dickholes crow. Meaning you enjoy extreme punishment and will make excuses for poorly designed games just because they're difficult.

Nails in the dickholes crow. That is a new one to me. Lol. Always good to come here and learn new things.

Playing FO4 and having fun. To do this I am going in and not paying attention to dialogue, not modding weapons, not doing anything settlement. I declined the settlement faction and have only crafted a few things to move into my new home away from mama Murphy.

Granted I'll probably stop playing if I get the super nes mini tonight. Hell I don't think I'll be playing any new games (besides CoC and the new South Park game) for a long while having it :). Ahhh to play earthbound and kick my kids asses in Mario kart lol.

• Like 1

I think it was "crowd", but "crew" also kinda works.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Crow = crew, I think.

I downloaded Fallout Shelter from the app store. Meh, I was bored five minutes in. Ill try to circle back to it later to see if it grabs me.

This.

Hard to type in anger.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif