What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Started playing The Detail while I'm also finishing up with Project Highrise.

Project Highrise is way too easy if you compare it to SimTower. It starts out quite nice, but after 4 hours you've pretty much seen everything. Don't think I want to buy the DLCs for it.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Life Is Strange: Episode 1. Some janky animations, but it seems interesting so far.

Janky animations aside, the game is great if you are into good stories.

Good stories always trump graphics and animates, Life Is Strange will always hold some of gaming's best characters of all-time due to the story-telling.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Life Is Strange: Episode 1. Some janky animations, but it seems interesting so far.

Unfortunately the animations will remain janky throughout the series but the story makes up for it imho.

Janky animations aside, the game is great if you are into good stories.

Yeah, it's a little painful to watch how clumsy the animations can be at times, but otherwise it's an enjoyable game. I finished Episode 2 last night (...and got the "good" ending on the first try, hoorah!).

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

What do people think go Guild Wars 2? Should I get it? Is it like a massive MMORPG? I'm not a huge fan those where you just grind and grind to get better gear and the story is on the back burner and are just one of the many players in the cog of the machine. But I keep on seeing good reviews of GW2, and also I'd be lying if I didn't say I like how they handle afro-textured hair in the CC. Yay or Nay?

Its best MMORPG from Ultima online times in my opinion, there is grind but not for equipment with better stats but just for skins. Story is so so but for sure better than most other MMos out there and there is no monthly subscription so you can at least take it like single player RPG if you don't like it

Plus the base game is free, but what Chilloutman said is accurate. It also has a lot of comfort features and is generally of a high quality so it makes other MMOs kinda painful to play/return to. :p

Speaking of N2K18: https://kotaku.com/nba-2k18-is-riddled-with-microtransactions-1818554307

A comment I read:

"Everyone saying this is nothing new, the VC isn't new. It's the extent that they are charging us for it this year that is new. To give you a quick example, when you scan your face to put on to your character, he turns out bald. Fine, so go get a haircut right? Wrong. You can't preview what a haircut looks like before buying it, and once you buy it your guy leaves the barber shop in a grueling cutscene basically teasing you.Your haircuts don't stay in your inventory like last year, so once you buy that 1500 VC haircut and see that it looks like ****, you're out of 1500 VC and you can't even use it again once you purchase a different haircut. They're gouging us for ****ing haircuts."

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

It's been going downhill in that regard for a while with them locking more and more features to online mode where they can sell you VC. Almost all player customization is online or connected mode as they like to call it. Luckily for me there is a decent mod/hack scene to give you those customization options in offline mode because they all exist in your local files and they just block your ability to access to it in game.

I think it's pretty crappy of them but they haven't had much competition from NBA Live so they've gotten away with it

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Got my priest to 110 in WoW, so maybe will take a break from that. Will resume Spellforce, though I find it funny I've spent 2 hours and am still in the prologue. Must have AFK'd a lot

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm currently going through DoWII - Chaos Rising. So far the plot is better, more developed, with more fleshed out characters and antagonists than the vanilla campaign. The corruption mechanics are good too, but this game isn't at all RTS. More like a tactical RPG-lite. I don't mind but I can see how DoW fans would get pissy, resulting in Relic trying a "return to form" with 3.

The only thing I'm not digging is the supply item separation. But I guess it makes sense because in vanilla you could solo maps -bosses included- with Cyrus once you got the planted explosives. Scarcity curtails that, but I'm not a fan.

I also played a couple hours of Styx: Shards of Darkness coop. Not impressed. There doesn't seem to be any coop specific mechanics at all.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Avitus' traitor mission has great dialogue ("Truth is a lie!").

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm currently going through DoWII - Chaos Rising. So far the plot is better, more developed, with more fleshed out characters and antagonists than the vanilla campaign. The corruption mechanics are good too, but this game isn't at all RTS. More like a tactical RPG-lite. I don't mind but I can see how DoW fans would get pissy, resulting in Relic trying a "return to form" with 3.

Chaos Rising is the best constructed campaign of all the campaigns in DoWII, but Retribution is my favorite, despite the fact that it's the weakest of the 3.  It's not nearly as personal a story and everything is a bit more generalized, but it's that way by necessity, since it has to accommodate any of the different factions.  Still, you can play through the campaign as Orks, and Orks are hilarious and super fun to play as.  Not only is the banter great, Ork abilities are really fun.  Unleashing a giant WAAAAAAAAGH! upon your enemies in so joyous.

Of course, you don't have to play as Orks, but why wouldn't you?  If I recall correctly, the available factions that you can play through the campaign as in Retribution are: Space Marines, Ultramarines, Chaos Marines, Imperials, Orks, Eldar, and Tyranid.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not that far in yet -- trying to remain PURE IN THE EYES OF THE EMPEROR, so I doubt I'll see that, in this playthrough at least. Banter is pretty good regardless, with each sergeant constantly trying to out-edge each other, haha.

Chaos Rising is the best constructed campaign of all the campaigns in DoWII, but Retribution is my favorite, despite the fact that it's the weakest of the 3.  It's not nearly as personal a story and everything is a bit more generalized, but it's that way by necessity, since it has to accommodate any of the different factions.  Still, you can play through the campaign as Orks, and Orks are hilarious and super fun to play as.  Not only is the banter great, Ork abilities are really fun.  Unleashing a giant WAAAAAAAAGH! upon your enemies in so joyous.

Of course, you don't have to play as Orks, but why wouldn't you?  If I recall correctly, the available factions that you can play through the campaign as in Retribution are: Space Marines, Ultramarines, Chaos Marines, Imperials, Orks, Eldar, and Tyranid.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that's even supposed to work. In a traditional RTS, massive infantry rushes is a basic tactic. But in DoWII you don't get more units and it's always just a handful of soldiers. In the campaign, you mowed down huge waves of Orks and Tyranids, which is how it's supposed to be according to the lore, as I understand it. Do you get tank factories as IG, hatcheries as Tyranids, etc...?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Some Titanfall 2 multiplayer and some Muv-Luv Alternative.

MLA feels like a slow start. Or at least that's what I hope I'm going through.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm not that far in yet -- trying to remain PURE IN THE EYES OF THE EMPEROR, so I doubt I'll see that, in this playthrough at least. Banter is pretty good regardless, with each sergeant constantly trying to out-edge each other, haha.

Chaos Rising is the best constructed campaign of all the campaigns in DoWII, but Retribution is my favorite, despite the fact that it's the weakest of the 3. It's not nearly as personal a story and everything is a bit more generalized, but it's that way by necessity, since it has to accommodate any of the different factions. Still, you can play through the campaign as Orks, and Orks are hilarious and super fun to play as. Not only is the banter great, Ork abilities are really fun. Unleashing a giant WAAAAAAAAGH! upon your enemies in so joyous.

Of course, you don't have to play as Orks, but why wouldn't you? If I recall correctly, the available factions that you can play through the campaign as in Retribution are: Space Marines, Ultramarines, Chaos Marines, Imperials, Orks, Eldar, and Tyranid.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that's even supposed to work. In a traditional RTS, massive infantry rushes is a basic tactic. But in DoWII you don't get more units and it's always just a handful of soldiers. In the campaign, you mowed down huge waves of Orks and Tyranids, which is how it's supposed to be according to the lore, as I understand it. Do you get tank factories as IG, hatcheries as Tyranids, etc...?

Remaining pure gives you one confusing traitor, shame but makes design sense.

Some Titanfall 2 multiplayer and some Muv-Luv Alternative.

MLA feels like a slow start. Or at least that's what I hope I'm going through.

Titanfall 2 multiplayer is hardcore :o

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Just finished the second Dishonored DLC. It was nice, though I kinda liked the first one a tad more. Tomorrow I'll start with Dishonored 2, I guess.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

You mean in the Retribution campaign? You can start a mission with a group of 4 heroes or 1 hero and 3 honor guard of regular units. Then you can capture 2-3 types of HQ buildings that give you access to various number of units and you can spend the resources you find during a mission to either revive/upgrade the heroes for the duration of the mission or buy more regular units. There's also abilities that let you summon units sometimes. Tyranids and Orks have passive abilities tha reinforce and/or summon units, as I recall.

Geez...

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite at 57% positive ratings..

Project Cars 2 at 52% positive ratings...

I'm praying that the two Lego games will do well and get good ratings at least.

Played (and finished) Apotheon which was interesting if a bit too long for its own good, now dabbling in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe before I'll proceed to Breath of the Wild. :)

I'm playing Apotheon as well. It really is just a bit too long, with areas that are just a bit too big at times (...the underwater section, good lord).

• Like 2

I've played and finished Apotheon four times. I don't know what it is about it, but it was just that kind of game that clicked with me. 100% on both PS4 and PC. (PS+ game on PS4, liked it enough to show support for the devs by buying the PC version.)

• Like 3