What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Everything is kinda blurry of sorts, and bloomy, and the player movement feels so floaty...

Not sure about bloomy, but blurry is specific Dishonored's art style - apparently, the textures were designed to feel washed out and blurred into each other.

Yeah, but it's not just that. The whole game just feels so... Unreal Engine.

Despite this, though, the game is quite fun. Like a mix of Deus Ex and Thief. Should be done with the first game soon. Not sure if I'll pick up the DLCs as well or just head straight to the second game.

As a huge fan of the franchise, I must recommend the two DLCs for Dishonored (I ignore the mini-DLC with challenges): The first one with Daud and Billie Lurk is the best, and Brigmore Witches is very good too (and both are very nice lore-wise when you start playing Dishonored 2 later.)

I usually play full on ghost/no-killing on my first runs on highest difficulty. Then I do a 2nd playthru months later, with as much violence and fun kill combos as I cram into the game (which is very accommodating in this regard.)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Really wish Doorkickers didn't have multi level missions.

Aye. Same goes for those horribly huge maps with long streets that turn into a slaughter field against my operatives. Really enjoyed the game until I ran into those.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Not sure if I'll pick up the DLCs as well or just head straight to the second game.

What IndiraLightfoot said. I'd just like to add that the DLC, aside from containing a bunch of gameplay improvements, also sport some of the best levels (albeit some are recycled). Well worth picking up, and the story from the DLC is directly followed by the sequel (not that the sequel particularly cares about the story anymore...)

Finished Life Is Strange. I really really should have played this game a lot sooner. Such a uniquelly beautiful story and game with great characters. Hell, even the soundtrack was just beautifully done and this coming from a guy who pretty much listens to punk rock only. I'm getting old, aren't I?

The game did leave me thinking for a long while. There's probably around 10 games that have actually managed to made me feel strongly about what happens on my screen.

• Like 4

Hate the living, love the dead.

Jumping around between Guild Wars 2 and Stellaris. Working on HoT stuff in the former, got my 2nd ascended Caladbolg weapon and working on The Shining Blade (because I hate myself). In Stellaris I have two games running: one with the Leviathan add-on and an older one in co-op. We just got our asses handed to us because my friend thought we could take on a fallen empire before it awakens. xD

Haha, I started on The Shining Blade mostly because I wanted Vengeance (2nd stage of the precursor, talk about masochism). I do hope The Shining Blade is not any indication of a trend for material requirements on legendary weapons though. "Insane" is putting it mildly.

I've put that on hold to craft The Minstrel instead and start preparing for Legendary Armour since I'm getting close-ish (still a few very painful bosses to learn: Slothasor, Matthias and Xera come to mind) to finishing the first collection on that. 50 Provisioner Tokens per armor part is just mean (and tedious), so better start early so you can spread it out if you ever intend to go for it.

While the armor might be expensive it will probably save me gold in the long run, being a Chrono main (and if the trend of stupid expensive Mesmer statsets/runes continues with PoF...)

Finally got around to starting Tyranny.  It's a really slick experience so far.  I'm loving the world, characters and engine improvements.  My only criticism at this point is that the hand drawn artwork feels slightly low budget and the voice acting borders on generic...but only just.

Looking forward to going balls deep with this one  :dancing:

I think I may have figured out a way to beat that stupid act 5 end boss in Path of Exile. It might have something to do with over leveling the **** out of my char before even trying again..

It's a level 45 area. My character is level 59 right now. I will still get my butt kicked. Yeah, difficulty balancing is not Grinding Gears strongest side.

If I can get past Kitava (the boss' name) I know I'll have a ton of much easier zones to look forward to.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Grinding along in WoW. Disc priest is interesting to play, healing through damage and shields. Slow as hell to level, and without the endurance of my holy pally.

Also playing ranked Overwatch for my sins.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Grinding along in WoW. Disc priest is interesting to play, healing through damage and shields. Slow as hell to level, and without the endurance of my holy pally.

I haven't played World of Warcraft in years, but I do miss my druid healer.  I'd gone through most of firelands at the time.  I do miss raiding.  I just don't miss the time it takes to be ready to raid.  My holy paladin was a lot of fun.  Great healing while wearing plate.  What's not to love?

I just finished the library scenario as the mercs in Mordheim.  Sooo different paying the mercenaries compared to the sisters of sigmar.  If you can get the positioning right, those archers really tear up bad guys.  There are times where the enemy doesn't even get to my front line with even a quarter of his health.  I imagine my leader giving his men the ol' St. Crispin day speech before battle.

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

I haven't played World of Warcraft in years, but I do miss my druid healer.  I'd gone through most of firelands at the time.  I do miss raiding.  I just don't miss the time it takes to be ready to raid.  My holy paladin was a lot of fun.  Great healing while wearing plate.  What's not to love?

I just finished the library scenario as the mercs in Mordheim.  Sooo different paying the mercenaries compared to the sisters of sigmar.  If you can get the positioning right, those archers really tear up bad guys.  There are times where the enemy doesn't even get to my front line with even a quarter of his health.  I imagine my leader giving his men the ol' St. Crispin day speech before battle.

Yeah these archers are kick ass, best hanch man for sure

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Life Is Strange: Episode 1. Some janky animations, but it seems interesting so far.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Jumping around between Guild Wars 2 and Stellaris. Working on HoT stuff in the former, got my 2nd ascended Caladbolg weapon and working on The Shining Blade (because I hate myself). In Stellaris I have two games running: one with the Leviathan add-on and an older one in co-op. We just got our asses handed to us because my friend thought we could take on a fallen empire before it awakens. xD

Haha, I started on The Shining Blade mostly because I wanted Vengeance (2nd stage of the precursor, talk about masochism). I do hope The Shining Blade is not any indication of a trend for material requirements on legendary weapons though. "Insane" is putting it mildly.

I've put that on hold to craft The Minstrel instead and start preparing for Legendary Armour since I'm getting close-ish (still a few very painful bosses to learn: Slothasor, Matthias and Xera come to mind) to finishing the first collection on that. 50 Provisioner Tokens per armor part is just mean (and tedious), so better start early so you can spread it out if you ever intend to go for it.

While the armor might be expensive it will probably save me gold in the long run, being a Chrono main (and if the trend of stupid expensive Mesmer statsets/runes continues with PoF...)

Precursor scavenging  is what killed the game for me originally. The material requirements were a joke, I got so pissedd off I sold the deldrimor steel and spiritwood plank I was supposed to use just to craft the first of the Hunter and used the money I got to buy the finished precursor on TP with money to spare. So Shining Blade isn't so much a trend setter as a continuation of it. I was only willing to go for it because I almost have enough T5 mats to craft the curios (also, must have swooooords). Legendary armors I'm unwilling to even imagine the costs and they're all ugly.

As for mesmers, if I knew my silvary will end up being a time mage I would've called her Thyme instead of Lilly. :p

Edited by Oner

So, my Craver hordes have consumed everything in Endless Space 2, so it's time to get back to Prey. ... In which I have found a way to bypass sealing the breach in Hardware Labs to finish the Black Box project. It's insane how many ways of getting around the station are in the game.

A few hours into Dark Souls 2: SOTFS Edition (courtesy of ShadySands - Thank you!)

It's a very foreign territory to me, as I've never played a DS game before. I have a few DS-Like games but none of them have this lonely ans desolate feeling.

I am wondering aimlessly, and do not know what many things do or how they work. There's a small tutorial but I'm mot sure if it's because I haven't played the first one or if it's just the way the game is,but I feel so lost lol

The loneliness after awhile, gives an eerie sense of serenity and peace after awhile. Can you hear the grass trmble beneath your feet?

Admittedly, I have not faced any boss yet. It took me probably a good 45 minutes to create the face of my female knight but so worth it.

I also managed to beat Bioshock Infinite in a 3 and a half hours. The fastest speedrun is around 2 hours, while I wasn't speed running, I did move through 80% of the game quite fast - as fast as I could to get to the last portion of the game which for some reason I did not remember ever seeing.

Someone (Lexx?) here recently mentioned how Unreal engine games looked the same and I think mentioned Bioshock, which is why I returned to it...

I think even though Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite have the same art style, the setting of Infinite makes Infinite beautiful, the first one is or feels muted in comparison (to me at least).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I haven't played World of Warcraft in years, but I do miss my druid healer. I'd gone through most of firelands at the time. I do miss raiding. I just don't miss the time it takes to be ready to raid. My holy paladin was a lot of fun. Great healing while wearing plate. What's not to love?

I just finished the library scenario as the mercs in Mordheim. Sooo different paying the mercenaries compared to the sisters of sigmar. If you can get the positioning right, those archers really tear up bad guys. There are times where the enemy doesn't even get to my front line with even a quarter of his health. I imagine my leader giving his men the ol' St. Crispin day speech before battle.

Raiding takes far less prep these days. Kind of a shame, used to make good cash off food and flasks. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What do people think go Guild Wars 2? Should I get it? Is it like a massive MMORPG? I'm not a huge fan those where you just grind and grind to get better gear and the story is on the back burner and are just one of the many players in the cog of the machine. But I keep on seeing good reviews of GW2, and also I'd be lying if I didn't say I like how they handle afro-textured hair in the CC. Yay or Nay?

What do people think go Guild Wars 2? Should I get it? Is it like a massive MMORPG? I'm not a huge fan those where you just grind and grind to get better gear and the story is on the back burner and are just one of the many players in the cog of the machine. But I keep on seeing good reviews of GW2, and also I'd be lying if I didn't say I like how they handle afro-textured hair in the CC. Yay or Nay?

Its best MMORPG from Ultima online times in my opinion, there is grind but not for equipment with better stats but just for skins. Story is so so but for sure better than most other MMos out there and there is no monthly subscription so you can at least take it like single player RPG if you don't like it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I don't know about that, the Lord of the Rings Online story runs circles around the GW stuff. Granted it has better source material.

EVE has the best story out of any MMOG
  • Like 1

I don't know about that, the Lord of the Rings Online story runs circles around the GW stuff. Granted it has better source material.

EVE has the best story out of any MMOG
The Secret World for my money. Too bad the gameplay is trash.
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks