What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

made the mistake of booting up dragonfall.  Playing an elf decker and cant stop playing.  sigh, screw mecha, i wish HBS was still making these shadowrun games.  been the only games in a while that i HAVE and WILL complete my playthru of, which is sadly an accomplishment these days.

• Like 1

I would guess HBS will return to Shadowrun down the road. 

I think they alluded to as much in interviews, but I don't mind them recharging the creative juices instead of churning out SR games like mad.

Titanfall 2

The campaign is maybe half as good as everyone was saying it was.

The multiplayer is the first time in a while I've played a game with fewer than 20 players in a match and actually enjoyed it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't know if it's a sign that I'm improving or not, but I've managed to break the chess game again. I've also managed to get a draw by having nothing left but two kings. heh. If I force myself to take my time, have a good record of winning on 9, but it makes the game last a long time. So, to give chess a break, I'm playing a game called Mordheim: City of the Damned. I've got this mercenary band that relies heavily on archers. If I can get my positioning right, I brutalize the enemy. If my people get separated, it can be tough. I'm getting ready to start the second or third mission on the mercenary campaign path. It'd been a while since I'd played, but it seems to be more or less going smoothly.

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

The campaign is maybe half as good as everyone was saying it was.

You disliked Prey either so you're one of those really negative tales that have kids with cigarettes expecting end of the world and end with them being eaten by a wolf or some two-headed monstrosity.

Just sayin'. It's okay tho, there always has to be a person with a Max avatar that's wrong.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Just sayin'. It's okay tho, there always has to be a person with a Max avatar that's wrong.

And maybe some day you'll find him.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I just returned to chess for a game. The thing that gets me is, if I manage to eek out a win, it's a real mess. Last time I won resoundingly. I had a queen, a rook, a knight, and a bishop at the end. A lot of the computer wins are quicker and cleaner. I know why. The computer plans to win by achieving the win-state, which is the king in check with no viable options. I know I concentrate on taking out pieces too much, which is also why I don't win as much as a I should. I'm getting far better, but I have a sort of bias towards taking pieces that I need to put behind me to improve. I'm actually tempted to read up on chess strategies. heh

Still playing West of Loathing and I just encountered the mother of all fetch quests.  It's at the same time hilarious and infuriating.  Hilarious because it takes the piss out of fetch quests in RPGs, infuriating because, well, it's a fetch quest, and trust me, it involves A LOT of fetching.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, I've playing BG EE pretty hard the last couple of months. I guess I have over 200 in-game days by now.

It's a pretty odd party, to say the least. Since I've managed to break PoE on PotD Solo yadda, yadda, I happened to notice that BG EE has an Insane difficulty mode with a cheevo and all, so I did some planning and came up with this idea:

Given that spell-casting and buffing/de-buffing take oodles of time, I needed a super-efficient party. There shouldn't be any need for spells, besides some healing or remove paralysis. And it has to be über-good in order to stand the test of Insane mode. My solution?

SXqLcI.jpg

They are all orc berserkers, and then a Lathander priest, with a main character who does all the thievery stuff - I settled for a swashbuckler.

Then I rolled the dice over and over like crazy to max these characters out. Took like an hour.

The first three levels or so was a slogfest. It was dicey too. They all have ranged weapons - throwing axes, one knife and one sling bullet - so there was a lot of tactical kiting from exact spawn triggers. Once I could afford could heavy armor after the Kobold mines, things started to take off. By level 5, I was ready to take on Durlag's Tower, which I still claim to be a bit of a CRPG masterpiece. (But I had so few stone-to-flesh-scrolls, when I encountered those basilisks on the roof. That was extremely gnarly.)

There are so many traps and riddles and mini-quests... I love it! :)

DDiu9d.jpg

CXQnlK.jpg

SWYFlp.jpg

wJ7Spi.jpg

VgK30K.jpg

xdmcgD.jpg

Here's a shot of Durlag himself at the end. My main is nearly as ghostly like him thx to a Cloak of Displacement from Ulgorth's Beard.

One pro tip, though, make sure you stack up on potions of absorption, and lots of fire/electricity resistance + rest for silence 15' radius before you even attempt that Chess Piece Room of Horror.

Right now, I'm about to end Chapter 4. This party can go all the way, I feel, through Siege of Dragonspear (which I haven't played yet) and through BG2 EE. Obviously, it's a MP min-max automata situ, but me likes.

Speaking of games that are nearly 20 years old.

I have also tried my hand at Grimoire:

3N9abk.jpg

But I'm only like 2h into it, and it took me nearly as much time to sooth my OCD and roll maxed out characters for it (this is not that party. It's my first failed attempt after certain saved games shenanigans. It looks to be a promising game, though. I'll get back to it sometime.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Really wish Doorkickers didn't have multi level missions.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, I've playing BG EE pretty hard the last couple of months. I guess I have over 200 in-game days by now.

It's a pretty odd party, to say the least. Since I've managed to break PoE on PotD Solo yadda, yadda, I happened to notice that BG EE has an Insane difficulty mode with a cheevo and all, so I did some planning and came up with this idea:

Given that spell-casting and buffing/de-buffing take oodles of time, I needed a super-efficient party. There shouldn't be any need for spells, besides some healing or remove paralysis. And it has to be über-good in order to stand the test of Insane mode. My solution?

SXqLcI.jpg

They are all orc berserkers, and then a Lathander priest, with a main character who does all the thievery stuff - I settled for a swashbuckler.

Then I rolled the dice over and over like crazy to max these characters out. Took like an hour.

The first three levels or so was a slogfest. It was dicey too. They all have ranged weapons - throwing axes, one knife and one sling bullet - so there was a lot of tactical kiting from exact spawn triggers. Once I could afford could heavy armor after the Kobold mines, things started to take off. By level 5, I was ready to take on Durlag's Tower, which I still claim to be a bit of a CRPG masterpiece. (But I had so few stone-to-flesh-scrolls, when I encountered those basilisks on the roof. That was extremely gnarly.)

There are so many traps and riddles and mini-quests... I love it! :)

DDiu9d.jpg

CXQnlK.jpg

SWYFlp.jpg

wJ7Spi.jpg

VgK30K.jpg

xdmcgD.jpg

Here's a shot of Durlag himself at the end. My main is nearly as ghostly like him thx to a Cloak of Displacement from Ulgorth's Beard.

One pro tip, though, make sure you stack up on potions of absorption, and lots of fire/electricity resistance + rest for silence 15' radius before you even attempt that Chess Piece Room of Horror.

Right now, I'm about to end Chapter 4. This party can go all the way, I feel, through Siege of Dragonspear (which I haven't played yet) and through BG2 EE. Obviously, it's a MP min-max automata situ, but me likes.

Speaking of games that are nearly 20 years old.

I have also tried my hand at Grimoire:

3N9abk.jpg

But I'm only like 2h into it, and it took me nearly as much time to sooth my OCD and roll maxed out characters for it (this is not that party. It's my first failed attempt after certain saved games shenanigans. It looks to be a promising game, though. I'll get back to it sometime.

re - basilisks - I think protection from petrification scrolls are better :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So I bought the first Dishonored game, because it is 5€ right now and... I can't help it, but I really loath the unreal engine style. Why is it that Bioshock and such all feel the same from a visual point of view? Everything is kinda blurry of sorts, and bloomy, and the player movement feels so floaty... Do all Unreal engine games use the same shaders and stuff? It's really annoying to me.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So I bought the first Dishonored game, because it is 5€ right now and... I can't help it, but I really loath the unreal engine style. Why is it that Bioshock and such all feel the same from a visual point of view? Everything is kinda blurry of sorts, and bloomy, and the player movement feels so floaty... Do all Unreal engine games use the same shaders and stuff? It's really annoying to me.

I often wondered the same thing...

Even though the art styles are highly dependent on the artists of the teams, the textures and the color palletes of each of the games you mentioned are highly similar.

Even Batman Arkhan games have that similar purple-ish color and rounded texture.

Games that utilize the id-Tech/Bethesda engines also suffer the same kinda fault. Whether it be Fallout games, Elder Scrolls, the games of the same gen have that similar look and feel.

I have to give credit to Unity engine. It's the one engine which I never felt that had even 2 games feel remotely alike to look identical in color palette or any other way for that matter.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Jumping around between Guild Wars 2 and Stellaris. Working on HoT stuff in the former, got my 2nd ascended Caladbolg weapon and working on The Shining Blade (because I hate myself). In Stellaris I have two games running: one with the Leviathan add-on and an older one in co-op. We just got our asses handed to us because my friend thought we could take on a fallen empire before it awakens. xD

I've decided that I like Mordheim better if I don't switch out a couple of heroes for the special unit. Even moreso with the mercs than the sisters, although I would contend with both. The big ogre dude is great and durable, but as long as you're careful, the extra two heroes are much more flexible and all moving resources around much better.

• Like 1

The Maiden of Sigmar is unique as the specials go in that she isn't large size and thus more flexible. For the others the big guys are great tanks, but they do restrict you. At least eventually the devs made it so they could do some easy jumps and climbs. Originally they couldn't interact with any climb/jump points and that made them a real pain to use.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Everything is kinda blurry of sorts, and bloomy, and the player movement feels so floaty...

Not sure about bloomy, but blurry is specific Dishonored's art style - apparently, the textures were designed to feel washed out and blurred into each other.

@IndiraLightfoot

You could have saved yourself some time and downloaded EE Keeper and edited a save file so that they all had 18 in all ability scores  ;)

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

@IndiraLightfoot

You could have saved yourself some time and downloaded EE Keeper and edited a save file so that they all had 18 in all ability scores  ;)

In theory, yes.

However, in my twisted reality, I get a bizarre kind of hate-love enjoyment out of rolling dice over and over. It's one of the great features in Grimoire IMHO. It's some deeply lodged remnant/itch from my tabletop RPG Days. Rolling dice is really fun and weirdly engaging. That's one of the best features of Obsidian's Pathfinder Card game - all those lovely dice and endless die rolls.  :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Everything is kinda blurry of sorts, and bloomy, and the player movement feels so floaty...

Not sure about bloomy, but blurry is specific Dishonored's art style - apparently, the textures were designed to feel washed out and blurred into each other.

Yeah, but it's not just that. The whole game just feels so... Unreal Engine.

Despite this, though, the game is quite fun. Like a mix of Deus Ex and Thief. Should be done with the first game soon. Not sure if I'll pick up the DLCs as well or just head straight to the second game.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."