What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

So finished WotC.  Definitely need XCOM 3.  I know people don't really care about the story, but I want to know what that undersea rift thing is.  Is it going to be XCOM: Pacific Rim?

Training with AP definitely makes characters pretty overpowered.  I killed every avatar the turn it appeared.  The first one went down to Banish, the second one to my Ranger's chain shot, and the third one to my Ranger's Rapid Fire (which has a cooldown now, which it apparently didn't before?  Or at least there's a mod to get rid of the cooldown claiming that it was added...I honestly can't recall.)

Also, either there's some serious cheating going on or some of the stats are really messed up.  The average AP for the world was 257k and average intel for the world was 157k, which are just way out of the range of possibility.  Doesn't really matter either way, I suppose, but it kinda surprised me.

I don't think they will make an underwater Xcom, I think the undersea stuff is just a tribute to Terror from the Deep. I thought they would do it as an expansion if they were going to go underwater. My guess is Xcom 3 will allow us to take the fight off world in a more developed fashion.

I am currently splitting my time between Witcher 3 and Pillars of Eternity.

Had witcher 3 and for some reason I never played it until now. Xbox one only so missing all the glorious PC games. Had to stop for Pillars as I've been waiting for the console release forever.

I found I spent more time reading up on the game than just playing it though... I suppose it is a problem I have with wanting to know all rather than just picking it up as I go along

• Like 2

Completed Furi on Furi (Normal) difficulty. A floating transparent head happened to be the most difficult boss.

Going to continue SWTOR agent playthrough.

@EbonyBetty. Spoiler for TW3.

The first DLC (Hearts of Stone) features Shani as one of the main characters.

I don't think they will make an underwater Xcom, I think the undersea stuff is just a tribute to Terror from the Deep. I thought they would do it as an expansion if they were going to go underwater. My guess is Xcom 3 will allow us to take the fight off world in a more developed fashion.

No, I don't really think they'll go Terror From The Deep either (especially since Jake Solomon stated in the past that he didn't really like TFTD) but I hope they do some sort of explaining of that underwater rift thing, especially since they added more stuff referencing it at the end of WotC.

The rift thing just reminded me of Pacific Rim, and I thought people might freak a bit about the idea of XCOM: Kaiju Edition.  :)

Well, they still haven't gone into the fate of Dr. Valen after she disappeared in the novel. The Alien Rulers DLC didn't do anything for that. And WotC was very light on story. Great recruitment story mission early on, but then nothing.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Perhaps it is explained in a sequel which takes place in an alternate timeline in which XCOM done 'effed up again and they find themselves in even direr straits.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Labadal, or anyone else have you played Dark Rose Valkyrie? I completely missed the release of the game in the summer. One shop nearby still has one copy. Any recommendations?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished This is the Police. Frustrating in some ways, so many flaws in design that I would have done completely differently and after that it would have been a completely different game. But still though, I hoped it would have been more about managing an actual Police Station in a big city instead of story based game where the management part was really lacking.

How come no one has a made a game where you move up in the ranks of a police force of a city by deploying your available forced based on data and statistics and try to prevent crime. You promote the right people, to the right places to solve actual crimes instead of being hands on yourself, except maybe in the beginning before you make rank.

So instead of some story driven casual game an actual simulation.

This is the Police suffered from a completely unbeliavable story, endless amounts of massacres, terrorism and mafia crimes and apparently the city was infested with so much organized crime and riots there was always people going into the jail by the truckloads. It just got boring after a stellar start. Sandbox mode will just offer more of the same, so no thank you.

Oh, and next up Tyranny playthrough #2

Edited by Flouride
  • Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

Started a new Darklands campaign, my first playthrough was stopped last summer after health problems. 

At one point I had learned a saint prayer that let me talk to animals. I had heard rumors of a coven of witches in a general area, so I went looking and came across a place that had some altar or something. A rabbit was there and I prayed to this saint and the rabbit told me a group of witches had gathered there and agreed to meet again in three months in a place on the other side of Greater Germany. Theres a lot of neat text encounter like this.

The combat is nice too, not too complex but the basic mechanics of penetration vs armor alongside an endurance bar is refreshing and logical. Which might sound like D and D but Darklands has three rolls > To Hit, Penetration, Damage. So A guy in plate armor is a true terror and without the proper weapons the best anyone can do to them is tire them out. 

• Like 1

I started replaying Tyranny earlier this week and I decided to unleash the edict of Storms. I swear to God that reality is stranger than fiction.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've been playing X-COM 2 and Pyre. Oh, and I'm picking away at Metro: Last Light Redux. 

was going to play Gothic on my laptop between classes, but that game seems to just decide not to launch itself 90% of the time. Starts an inactive process, but doesn't open a window.

Labadal, or anyone else have you played Dark Rose Valkyrie? I completely missed the release of the game in the summer. One shop nearby still has one copy. Any recommendations?

I have not.

I came to a crazy revelation just now... I have beaten 44 games this year and only one of them is a 2017 release, heh. That is CAYNE, and that came out in January and is free. I should just stop buying games at this point (will never happen). I've bought games like Nier: A, P5 and lots, lots more, yet I have not started a single one of them...

Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be the first 2017 game I get going, but that is because everything else will be put on hold once it releases.

Feeling the same. I have fewer games purchased than you this year, but I still have not booted up single 2017 release game :( So few of free time lately. And today I have just received SMS, that my Yakuza Kiwami arrived to my shop.

And like three more games in front of me, which I really want to buy.

*inserts some random NOOOOOOO! meme*

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I keep doing the "breakthrough" research in XCOM, since Tygan tells me that I either do it right away or miss the opportunity, but that way I keep putting off the Shadow Chamber projects. I think I may never finish this playthrough if the breakthroughs don't stop eventually.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Me... I think I've accumulated almost a hundred games this year but most were free. I have maybe purchased 30 or so. I love every one that I've gotten :)

Sonic Forces and Evil Within 2 on the way and that's whta I'm closing this year out with.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Grinding along in WoW. Kind of funny that my DK buddy gets ganked often but yet people just ignore me on my Holy Paladin.  I guess they figure I'll take too long to die.  Anyway, Argus is a nice patch, the invasions are decent touch (I guess they may finally rip off the rifts from Rift, some day :p).  Still have to put up with the lazy writing that can be summed as "**** over Character X", but what can you expect. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Grinding along in WoW. Kind of funny that my DK buddy gets ganked often but yet people just ignore me on my Holy Paladin. I guess they figure I'll take too long to die. Anyway, Argus is a nice patch, the invasions are decent touch (I guess they may finally rip off the rifts from Rift, some day :p). Still have to put up with the lazy writing that can be summed as "**** over Character X", but what can you expect.

That's usually the reason. Dunno if much had changed, but usually holy pallys didn't do much dmg and also could go oom. It's almost like fighting a disc priest, can be done but usually takes a long time unless u got a few with ya.

Nitroplus Infinite Blasterz and Arkham Knight tonight. It's the weekend :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Started up yet another game of New Vegas. Still one of the best games made, especially to play at your own pace. However, sometimes that comes to a crawl due to freezes or crashes. Never used to have that problem but my last few plays have been full of them. Don't care to restart any time soon if it's a corrupt save.

• Like 2

I lied. Didn't start Tyranny. instead playing Space Run Galaxy and Life is Strange. I really need to finish up some of these games before starting a new one...

My Steam library is drowning in games I haven't had the time to play/finish.

• Like 1

Hate the living, love the dead.

Did you use the anti-crash mod and 4gb patcher, etc?

Also Yukichigai Unofficial Patch and New Vegas Script Extender's memory patch feature.  Oh, avoid using the quicksave and quickload keys too.  It's a shame we have to do so much voodoo raindancing to get this engine stable but at least it's possible.  I only had a couple of crashes during my last 100 hour playthrough.

Edited by WDeranged

GOG version of FONV is near rock solid out of the box. Or off the download or whatever the equivalent is. I had 2 infinite load loops- no save game corruption though, just one off loops- and that's it barring some minor scripting type bugs. Considering the number of crashes I had with (retail) F3 a couple of years ago even with fixes and using older hardware (e6400/ 5770/ win7 vs 1700/ 580/ win10) it was a massive improvement. I'd usually presume that most GOG fixes are publicly available ones like presetting the executable's LAA flag, but there certainly seem to be some intrinsic stability improvements as well.

Which is not much use if using the steam version, unfortunately.