RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

Did I miss the discussion about Runic getting shut down?

It's sad.  The Torchlight games aren't the best loot em ups I've ever played, but they are solid, fun experiences.  Hopefully the Runic devs find a home somewhere else, there is talent at that studio.

I'll have to give Torchlight 2 another playthrough sometime in the near future.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Never did finish Torchlight 2, canceled my pre-purchase of Hob because the team was either always missing or not on the same page when I did talk to them. Now I know why.

Rip. I'm sure there will be some angry fans because they won't get Torchlight 3. When you compare Hob's staff with Torchlight's staff, the names are very different. So it's not nearly thr same team as when Runic first opened its doors. I can only hope that grace gives an opportunity to brings the original Torchlight members back together to form a new studio and make a new diablo-clone. Which can very well happen.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Torchlight, Torchlight 2, Hob. Though I didn't play Hob yet.

I'm one of those few who for some reason enjoyed Torchlight 1 (original version from way way back) more than 2, but I still very occasionally play TL2 for a few hours. Sorta sad news about Runic tho. Not that it's surprising, either, this day and age.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Why do you guys think it'd be better with bigger teams ?

Because that's the type of FPS I prefer. I don't play highly competitive shooters. I play the kind where there's explosions and swarms of guys shooting at each other at a checkpoint, while another crew of like half a dozen try to flank from a different corridor.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."