RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

It's not that Steam reviews aren't trustworthy but nobody likes 1-liner reviews from trolls/bomb accounts so.. yeah, Valve has announced to making some good changes on the review system. We all knew this was coming lol

Source:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1448326897426987372

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The anti-DRM peeps lose again I guess..

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Big Business can suck walruss nuts. If the game has DRM, they get no sale. There is enough developers and publishers like CD Project Red, who offer their products DRM-Free, and they are getting my money

• Like 5

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

An interesting article/interview about ELEX, the new RPG from Piranha Bytes is up over at WCCFtech.

http://wccftech.com/piranha-bytes-improved-polish-elex/

They talk about how they've tried to polish this game a bit more to reduce the number of bugs (riiight) and that the game world is around 1.5 that of Gothic 3! This is great news for me who loves giant game worlds. Gothic 3 was massive. Bruce will be happy to hear there are romances now..

It launches on October 17. I'm quite looking forward to this game.

• Like 4

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

An interesting article/interview about ELEX, the new RPG from Piranha Bytes is up over at WCCFtech.

http://wccftech.com/piranha-bytes-improved-polish-elex/

They talk about how they've tried to polish this game a bit more to reduce the number of bugs (riiight) and that the game world is around 1.5 that of Gothic 3! This is great news for me who loves giant game worlds. Gothic 3 was massive. Bruce will be happy to hear there are romances now..

It launches on October 17. I'm quite looking forward to this game.

I have this game pre-ordered.

Have only put about an hour and a half into it so far, but really enjoying the mechanics and the progression of unlocking/updating abilities so far and will say, being on the Switch, this, to me, is what this system was built for.

fN4CXZE.jpg

I want it but Lego Ninjago is my top priority at the moment, I'll have to get it after :)

It looks beautiful by the way. I nevee get tired of colorful platformers and metroidvanias!

• Like 1

^So Value found a middle of the road solution that gives unbiased information to the consumer to allow them to make a decision for themselves. YouTube needs to be taking notes.

Hopefully! I get tired of fanboy/hate bb reviews so this is only good news. There are a lot of great $15.00 indies on Steam tjat have gotten a negative rep for just being an indie and nothing else and yet they're far better than $60.00 AAA titles.

I can't wait to see how this affects Steam. Just waiting for people to voice their rage on the forums lol

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of STEAM, I avoid it as ASAP including not buying games that are 'exclusive' to it but I read that article and  it read perfectly. No censorship, no political games, just trying to make things work for everybody. Good stuff.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Didn't notice this but you can pay money to beta test The Guild 3 and hope they fix bugs. Aka Early access on Sep 26

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311260/The_Guild_3/

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Didn't notice this but you can pay money to beta test The Guild 3 and hope they fix bugs. Aka Early access on Sep 26

Can you become a moneylender and start on your way to conquer and ruin the world?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Can you become a moneylender and start on your way to conquer and ruin the world?

Not sure, people seem to say it's just Guild 2 dressed up. Still a fun game, nothing like being a baker that is married to a robber baron and winning the game by having 5 thugs jump a 70 year old man outside of town.
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Steam is having a benefit sale with some pretty cool indies. Trying to compete with Humble I guess.

Also, Sonic Forces is up for pre-purchase. This is the first 3D Sonic game that everyone's been exited about since... well, this is really the first time people have ever been excited for a 3D Sonic.

Sonic Forces looks amazing, custom character, a deep dtory-driven plot, some of the most beloved characters in gaming history (not talking about Sonic, Tails or Knuckles of course), huge amount of content.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-contemplating-further-action-over-fortnite-battle-royale-similarities/

"After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.

Bizarre.

• Like 1

http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-exec-contemplating-further-action-over-fortnite-battle-royale-similarities/

"After listening to the growing feedback from our community and reviewing the gameplay for ourselves, we are concerned that Fortnite may be replicating the experience for which PUBG is known.

Bizarre.

Embarrassing. They certainly aren't the originators of the battle royale genre, and even if they were, the hosts of knockoffs of every new genre should serve enough of a reminder that you can't really protect gameplay mechanics. Unless Fortnite has been just straight ripping and re-using assets from PUBG, and it's my impression that they haven't, this is pretty much just bullying a competitor.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The Duke is an amazing controller, so happy it's coming back. Will have to get one for pc :)