RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - DA REAL DEAL

Rosbjerg

When you say they see nothing wrong with "blank" the blank in question is racism and sexism. They see nothing wrong with racism and sexism. What exactly is the middle ground between being racist and sexist and being against racism and sexism? Why should there be a middle ground? Is there anything at all redeemable about racism or sexism, or arguments in favor of either? What is the reasonable discussion that involves compromise to allow for racism and sexism?

There are varying degrees: for example, some people see the -isms as being a fatal character flaw - the person is irredeemable and not worth interacting with anymore. Alternatively, you could possibly see it as a sad reflection on some of the current problems/differences in and between different parts of society and possibly its (sub)cultures. Instead of immediately cutting that person out of your life and/or treating them like trash because of their views, you could provide a different perspective while backing it up with some sort of reason that appeals to them...so that you might influence their own viewpoint - and if it doesn't do anything, well, you tried. There are also definitely varying "reasons" behind -isms: some fall into the "I have no applicable reasons for my beliefs, and nothing you say is going to change my mind", but a lot of others are more of the "I think there are legitimate issues here with (x)" that a lot of us could probably agree are definitely problems...while making very different conclusions about them, their causes, and the ways to resolve them. You'll probably have an easier time appealing to the latter group with reason than the former, right? Meanwhile, if you yourself remain reasonable, they'll probably have an easier time of being able to bridge the gap in differences of beliefs and respect your viewpoint even when it's contrary to theirs. It's pretty rare that ideologues of any kind are any good at providing a decent discussion - regardless of whether one side is reasonable in their initial assumptions or not.

...I have no idea if any of this is applicable to the thread, because as mentioned before, it is indeed a dumpster fire and I have no wish to go back in. :p Furthermore, I'm not really one of the "reasonable" types on the internet, but that's mainly because it almost always feels like a total waste of time...but that's more about my own lack of patience and virtue than anything else. I am a little better in real life with these sorts of things, and I'm sure the same probably goes for most people when dealing with people we personally know.

I took this to the other thread so better to discuss it there.

A short answer in two parts:

Part #1 is that this is in reference to that one guy's views as he posted them on RPG Codex.

Part #2 is that I am not really moved much by centrist arguments to see both sides of an argument when one side of that argument involves the insistent dehumanization of and possible calls of violence against people because of their race, gender, orientation, etc.

Shorter version: I don't see any room for common ground with Nazis.

Edited by Belle Sorciere

I'd like to read the guy's actual posts on the KKKodex before joining the (latest) crusade of the righteous -- on either side. I sure as hell am not taking Exitium's word for it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'd like to read the guy's actual posts on the KKKodex before joining the (latest) crusade of the righteous -- on either side. I sure as hell am not taking Exitium's word for it.

That's not how this works man, you have to fill in the blanks with whatever outrages you and then join one of the sides based on which one's views are a better fit for your outrage. Alternatively, if you see this as an SJW / anti-SJW deba... Sorry, flame war, you need to remember whether you were or were not SJW and then adjust meaning of what he said to whatever fits your agenda.

I mean, who cares for facts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLMSf4afzo

Edited by Fenixp

Part #2 is that I am not really moved much by centrist arguments to see both sides of an argument when one side of that argument involves the insistent dehumanization of and possible calls of violence against people because of their race, gender, orientation, etc.

That's definitely on the more extreme (and non-negotiable) end of the issue, if that's the case.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

http://imgur.com/n8Moni6

Have fun with the arrangement. You might need to download the picture or copy/paste it into paint or whatever you use, depending on your screen's resolution. As far as (KKKodexian) internet tripe goes this is pretty mild, although some of the posts are clearly written under the influence.

...and with that, let's leave it out of this thread, lest it gets locked. Might be better to split off the part and move it to WOT, but it's not like rat's bums are given and all that. *shrug*

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Hmm, The Technomancer is 70% off on Steam at the moment. Pondering whether it's worthwhile adding in the distractions of a new game at the moment...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

http://imgur.com/n8Moni6

Have fun with the arrangement. You might need to download the picture or copy/paste it into paint or whatever you use, depending on your screen's resolution. As far as (KKKodexian) internet tripe goes this is pretty mild, although some of the posts are clearly written under the influence.

...and with that, let's leave it out of this thread, lest it gets locked. Might be better to split off the part and move it to WOT, but it's not like rat's bums are given and all that. *shrug*

Good thing he didn't post in the **** thread. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

seems sm117 is stuck in a loop. repeat the claim o' misunderstanding. repeat, "you seem somewhat offended," stuff. only thing new were a non explanation o' a "reference to something"?

okie dokie.

if sorciere genuine wants to discuss the aforementioned issue, repost below in the dumpster fire thread, and we will address tomorrow. am not being condescending. honest. is late. am tired. am gonna get 4 hours o' sleep. the mods will chastise if we spread the garbage o' a thread they already locked once. why make their job tougher, eh?

HA! Good Fun!

If I have to spell it out "Gromnir getting angry" was a indirect reference to the Hulk, replacing Hulk with Gromnir.

You're the only one in a loop here, now instead of talking to me, you're only talking about me in responses to other people. Your obsessive pettyness continues. That's why it seems like you're offended.

I also love how you're in a loop about "getting this thread back on topic, why make it tougher for mods?" but keep replying in ways to derail it further and encourage to derail the thread in the same breath. Irony. And the fact that you always question the genuine nature of anyone who opposes you is laughable. Yes, Gromnir, get some sleep... all that lack of sleep has costed you.

Time to get over it and move on.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

couldn't let it die, eh? well, we see, you understand us well enough to respond multiple times, without much difficulty in discerning our meaning. so am calling your bluff on the aforementioned complaint. again, we has seen the misunderstanding ploy so many times it is genuine sad at this point.  typical we not even need respond before some other longtime poster on these/other boards chimes in and predicts ensuing inevitabilities.

*yawn*

and yes, one can observe how perfect you captured the hulk/Gromnir parallel with,

"Lastlt, sorry, I did nut mean to offend Gromnir. Gromnir sad. Gromnir have cookie. GROMNIR GETTING ANGRY!!!"

not even one "Gromnir smash"?  no, "don't make Gromnir angry. you wouldn't like us when we are angry"?

classic stuff. 

maybe espanol hulk has no catchphrases, but am doubting, "hulk have a cookie" is one 'o them, eh... unless hulk filled in for the cookie monster on sesame street?  is possible. 

"also love how you're in a loop about "getting this thread back on topic, why make it tougher for mods?" but keep replying in ways to derail it further and encourage to derail the thread in the same breath. Irony. And the fact that you always question the genuine nature of anyone who opposes you is laughable. Yes, Gromnir, get some sleep... all that lack of sleep has costed you."

see, now you finally are understanding hypocrisy, though one suspects you ain't turned the mirror on yourself.  if you honest think we could single-handed derail a thread, you are being naive.  can review thread if you wish, but Gromnir made a general observation, in agreement with others, 'bout the state o' a thread on this board.  no individuals criticized.  so how did we get here, in the computer and console section o' the board with you chasing your tail and our happy encouragement o' the antics?  in any event, successful education is a wonderful thing. you are inching towards understanding o' hypocrisy. you are making progress.  good for you.

btw, belle sorciere did actual move the dumpster fire subject matter to the relevant thread.

this sm experience (bad pun) hasn't been least bit novel. am done with sm, so knock yourself out with anticipated and predictable reply.  

as an aside, am wondering how the recent hurricane in texas affected game developers.  houston has, in recent years, aquired a considerable developer footprint.  most such game developers don't pop up on our radar, but sudden having numerous titles delayed (at the very least) can have widespread impact on the industry as a whole. example: publishers sudden need fill the void left by anticipated houston releases by rushing other complete unrelated titles so as to keep quarterly report from looking anemic. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

*sighs*

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

That's definitely on the more extreme (and non-negotiable) end of the issue, if that's the case.

To be fair, I had thought his comments were more extreme than they actually are (which are fairly extreme as it is) so I'll retract the Nazi comment. I'm not saying I am convinced he's not a Nazi, just that it is harder to make that argument knowing what he actually said vs. what was reported.

maybe espanol hulk has no catchphrases, but am doubting, "hulk have a cookie" is one 'o them, eh... unless hulk filled in for the cookie monster on sesame street?  is possible. 

Hulk is a fruit pie kind of guy.

hp2.jpg

Kind of reminds me of Tim Cain's comments on odds / statsitical chance vs 'feel' that were discussed in another thread somewhere.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hulk is a fruit pie kind of guy.

​image

see, now that works. gonna choose a seeming random snack item to illustrate hulk parallel?  hostess pies and amentep is clear win.

wash down with a coke?

the recent pistachios campaign seems like it woulda' been an obvious hulk vehicle, but perhaps the nut guys couldn't afford a marvel price tag. missed opportunity.

HA! Good Fun!

ps post posting removal o' hulk image to avoid unnecessary clutter

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Umm... so how is this bad voice acting?

You should all be impressed...

11 minutes of Secret Of Mana Remake.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...