You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Maybe it is a fuse and not a breaker :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I live in Germany, so English isn't my first language. But I'll keep that on mind, thank you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_breaker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(electrical)

You're not necessarily wrong though, both of these pieces of equipment are used for the same effect; Stopping an electrical current from damaging wires/starting fires.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Same here, generally speaking. Even though I've had (parts) of an education to become an electrician.

Just to throw it out there, I use both. I've got fuses on the main phases coming into the house and circuit breakers after that to limit the individual lines in the house down to 10A and a ground fault interrupter breaker.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yo.

It's been a while since I spent time around here for things other than Deadfire news.  'Sup?

Life continues around here, I suppose.  The two young dudes are now 3.5 yrs and 16 months old, respectively.  We took a big ol' trip to SoCal last week while their daycare was closed.  Wife has lots of family in the area, so we rented a place in Redondo Beach and did some visiting between sandcastle projects.  The flights went shockingly well, but the jet lag on the return has been brutal.  Jet lag aside, the little guy is a lot of fun, although he's been very clingy with Mama lately.  The 3-year-old... is 3, and, man, does that try my patience. 

Work is alright.  Got a marginally fancier title back in November and a nicer office in May.  The window is pretty sweet, but I've yet to come up with a decent glare solution that doesn't either cover it entirely or allow anybody standing in the doorway to see what's on my computer screens.  Anything more than that probably belongs in the politics thread, and I ain't got the stamina to wade through that, these days. 

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 5

Long time no see Enoch!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Speaking of which, where the heck did Meshugger go?

The Deep State killed him. Hm, wonder where Longknife went, hopefully he didn't off himself :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There are a few folks we need to send out search parties for. Wals should pay us a visit. LOF is gone now so he can.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We need oby back

There are a few folks we need to send out search parties for. Wals should pay us a visit. LOF is gone now so he can.

Wals is on Steam, at least. I think it was Oby that bothered him.

It always seemed weird to me that Wals would be run off by another poster. I mean, really? Cant just use the Ignore function?

Sharp_One is BruceVC's counterpart, duh. By design.

I just can't see them two hitting it off. Qis and Bruce on the other hand was a romantic love story just starting to blossom before she went away... :wub:

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I just can't see them two hitting it off. Qis and Bruce on the other hand was a romantic love story just starting to blossom before she went away... :wub:

Too bad she left too. It's been a long time since I was threatened with death. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

who is this Qis exactly?

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

who is this Qis exactly?

Oh you missed a winner there. She would start these posts with a long rant about world peace and flowers and puppies and stuff and then link these videos and it all had a sinister kind of undertone. Then three or four pages in her other personality took over and she was raving how the west is evil and Allah will kill us all and stuff like that. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

who is this Qis exactly?

Oh you missed a winner there. She would start these posts with a long rant about world peace and flowers and puppies and stuff and then link these videos and it all had a sinister kind of undertone. Then three or four pages in her other personality took over and she was raving how the west is evil and Allah will kill us all and stuff like that.

Ah... sad. My money was on her wanting to kill bourgeois dogs, declaring that "all landowners are thieves"

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Luckily, neither Oby or Qistina have accounts anymore.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.