You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

I'm working almost 30 hours this weekend, so I really don't get a weekend. Sucks, but I need the money. Just gotta keep reminding myself that this is temporary and will be very worth it in the long run. At least most of the work is super easy.

30 hours on one weekend? In germany - officially - you aren't allowed to work more than 8 hours a day. This can be stretched to 10 hours a day, but within half a year of time, your average hours per day must not be more than 8.

Of course plenty people are violating the law, though, but if the gov. finds out about this, the employer can get fined (or you can sue your employer).

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Huh, glancing at our holiday schedule shows that we have Monday off in observance of Columbus Day. HUZZAH COLUMBUS!

Shame the rest of the US doesn't have that. Otherwise I wouldn't have to work on Thanksgiving this Monday. Have a 5 day one next week though.

Pissed off that my Thai place jacked the price of pad see ew up by $0.45

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm working almost 30 hours this weekend, so I really don't get a weekend. Sucks, but I need the money. Just gotta keep reminding myself that this is temporary and will be very worth it in the long run. At least most of the work is super easy.

30 hours on one weekend? In germany - officially - you aren't allowed to work more than 8 hours a day. This can be stretched to 10 hours a day, but within half a year of time, your average hours per day must not be more than 8.

Of course plenty people are violating the law, though, but if the gov. finds out about this, the employer can get fined (or you can sue your employer).

I think the same thing goes in Sweden. Still didn't stop me from working 60-80 hours a week for a one year period.

• Like 1

I think the same thing goes in Sweden. Still didn't stop me from working 60-80 hours a week for a one year period.

Well, if I've understood it correctly, it's mostly the unions that are in control of that and are the ones that keep tabs on hours. The union can drag the employer to court and get them sued for phat $$$. Not that you get anything out of it, but the union gets moneys. I want to work 50-60 hours a week, I don't mind it aslong as it is under my control. Though it is good that the employer can't force people to work insane hours.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

To be clear, the hours I'm working this weekend are split between 2 jobs, my primary, full-time job, and my part-time job.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If she wears a leather corset and thigh highs it is very healthy. :p

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Being a delivery driver has, for the most part, been pretty good so far, but my last 2 deliveries tonight were hell.  Both sent me into labyrinthine apartment complexes.  Sometimes GPS manages to get me close in those, sometimes it leads me to the entrance and I'm on my own from that point.  Both cases were the latter.  Some of these types of complexes have a numbering layout that makes sense and is easy to understand.  Sometimes they have a directory at the entrance and more directory signs along the way to help guide you.    Both of these deliveries had neither.  The numbering systems in both cases seemed to be designed by someone with severe brain damage.  Nighttime makes things much worse because it's very hard to see the numbers on the buildings.  How does no one have the foresight to put lights near the numbers when they build these buildings?  They don't have to be very powerful lights, just a couple of LEDs that would cost pennies to power just under or just over the numbers.  Am I being unreasonable here?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I need to figure out how to break up with my D&D group. :(

Tell them you are now too cool for D&D. Pretty much how my last group fell apart. :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I need to figure out how to break up with my D&D group.  :(

• Tell them your wife is making you quit
  • Tell them that someone touched your lucky dice and your mojo is broken and you can't possibly continue until you've found new lucky dice
  • Tell them that you've joined a group and are now LARPing as a non-gamer
  • Tell them that you're moving out of the area; when they see you again, tell them plans changed but you felt it was too awkward to return to the group
  • Insist that your character is reclassing as a bard and that all of your communication from there out will be done in iambic pentameter and/or in song - they'll ask you to leave.  If you are already playing a bard and doing this...what the hell?
  • Ask the other members about some loans you've given them - they'll avoid you.
  • Ask the other members to make you a loan - they'll avoid you.
  • Come dressed as your character, and start treating the others as their characters and not themselves.  They'll ask you to leave.
  • Come in wearing a cast on both arms and say you've developed Carpal Tunnel syndrome from rolling dice and your doctor is making you give up dice games.
  • Come to a game session with no pants on.  Tell them that you feel RPGing is liberating, and wink while doing so.  They'll ask you to leave.
  • Have your character turn secretly evil and kill all the other players or die trying.  Afterwards loudly proclaim to the group that "you're just like the others!" before storming out.
  • Tell them your children have started asking your wife who that "strange man" is while pointing at you, and that you realized you're not spending enough time with them.
  • The next time you miss a roll, stand up screaming "The other DMs doesn't treat me this way".  Flip the table and storm out.
  • Tell them it's not them, it's you.
  • Steal everyone's dice, blame your dice bag, which you claim is a mimic.
  • During combat, show everyone how you imagine your character should do a complex maneuver, making sure that you fall and break the table you play on.
  • Blame your old war wound
  • Eat baked beans before gaming sessions - they'll ask you to leave
  • Tell them that someone is posting incorrect information on the Obsidian forums, and you need every free moment you have to correct them.
  • Like 7

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I tried befriending one of those phone scammers that claims they're giving out federal grants.

He started asking me if I was single or not. Dude, I did not want to be that kind of friend.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Coworker described Blade Runner as a waste of two hours. Sigh, I kind of liked him.

• Like 2

Coworker described Blade Runner as a waste of two hours. Sigh, I kind of liked him.

which one?

Nobody knows, they can't find the coworker anymore. Mysteriously dissapeared.

• Like 2

which one?

Well there's the one without 2049 at the end. :p

which one?
Well there's the one without 2049 at the end. :p
Ah. Well then you shall meet him with fire and fury.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Getting death threats from an emotionally unstable wreck that I know in real life because I apparently overheard a conversation I shouldn't have. Good times. If I ever suddenly disappear, it's probably because I either got shot over something really dumb.

On top of that, I think my cat might be dying.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

If you were to react, it should be solely to make it clear just how barren the field on which you grow your ****s is and that whatever they think you've heard you've already forgotten because that is how little they matter.

If ignoring doesn't work, the best way to kill this is overkill.

• Like 1

One problem with that is, I do actually know this person and am being kind of forced to deal with them in some capacity. The second problem is that...well, actually, the second problem is more a multitude of problems. Something something child abuse, something something totally mentally unstable narcissist that's also suicidal, something something if the cops get called on them and their children (a few young girls) get taken away, the three people or so people that could be responsible are gonna get murdered. It's rare that I would hope someone would just spontaneously die (for reasons I've mentioned elsewhere), but I think I have to make an exception here for self-preservation reasons as well as for the sake of their children. Alternatively, there is, yes, the "overkill" method: I'd rather be imprisoned than dead. Well, I have a Glock for a reason...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.