You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Glad your family is safe, Hurlshot.

Maybe it's just the internet and the immediate availability of news from anywhere in the world, but the frequency of natural disasters seems to be at an all-time high right now.  Maybe the end times really are upon us?  :blink:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Maybe it's just the internet and the immediate availability of news from anywhere in the world, but the frequency of natural disasters seems to be at an all-time high right now.  Maybe the end times really are upon us?  :blink:

Yeah, it's mostly the internet, plus global warming.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Just speaking of hurricanes in the Caribbean (and potentially hitting mainland USA) alone, we'd get tropical storms and hurricanes every year in the past, but usually weaker ones.  Category 4s and 5s were a once a decade event.  Now we're getting multiple cat 5s a year.  It's bonkers!  If cat 5s are now garden-variety hurricanes then I shudder to think what a once a decade hurricane will look like.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just speaking of hurricanes in the Caribbean (and potentially hitting mainland USA) alone, we'd get tropical storms and hurricanes every year in the past, but usually weaker ones.  Category 4s and 5s were a once a decade event.  Now we're getting multiple cat 5s a year.  It's bonkers!  If cat 5s are now garden-variety hurricanes then I shudder to think what a once a decade hurricane will look like.

Yeah, I think the story is the same with tornados, but I'm not entirely sure about it, I don't read american news generally speaking, so I haven't heard much at all. Alot of wildfires going aswell I think.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Natural Disasters are just God's way of fixing his mistakes.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So when is Israel getting hit?
  • Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So when is Israel getting hit?

Soon after the Rothschilds get hit by lighting.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Spent the day looking at phones. The Huawei Honor 8 looks like it might be worth it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today a co-worker encouraged the ladies of the staff to use the deodorizer's in the bathroom via email. I chimed in that the men should continue as they were, as the shallow gasps needed serve as a stark reminder of how wonderful life is outside of the bathroom.

• Like 1

It seems like a good day to forget the world and just go fishing. But doesn't every day?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I went fishing earlier, and despite multiple bites on both poles simultaneously, I couldn't land jack. :(

That's ok though. As a wise man once wrote the point of going fishing is not actually to catch fish.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I went fishing earlier, and despite multiple bites on both poles simultaneously, I couldn't land jack. :(

That's ok though. As a wise man once wrote the point of going fishing is not actually to catch fish.

weren't a wise man.  were our a-hole father dropping that pithy bit o' fluff After a fishless day... after waking at 4:30 am... after trekking a mile-and-a-half through calf-deep snow and 'cross a frozen reservoir simple to get to the "perfect" spot... after +4 hours o' sitting on a plastic five-gallon bucket, in near utter silence (our father were a taciturn man) as we watched our snot freeze and our tip-ups not tip-up once... after somehow making it back to our jeep carrying a marine's worth o' gear through a literal blizzard.  experience gave lie to the wisdom. if we hadn't been so exhausted when dad dropped his fishless insight 'pon us, we woulda' been tempted to club him like a kanadian going after a baby fur seal.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Actully I was referring to Thoreau. But I'm sure his fishing trips were much more enjoyable. 

Thomas Sowell

Well, if I HAVE to catch a fish in order to eat that would change how seriously I took it. And my methods to. Away go the top water lures and out comes the dynamite. 

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Java homework is kicking my butt

I used to be smart when I was younger, dunno what happened. :down:

You remember how they used to tell you drinking kills brain cells? And that the effects were cumulative? I bet you believe them now!  :lol: 

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

Video games happened.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My neuroplasticity! It does nothing!

Had to perform a bushfix on my PC this weekend. It turns out my NiC died in my desktop, which Ive never seen happen before even once in my life, so I went to Best Buy and purchased a USB wireless adaptor. Surprisingly it recognized my 5GHz WiFi band and Speedtest says I'm purring along at 95MB. I always figured "wired" was faster than "wireless" but so far, so good. :thumbsup:

Well our Hudson-esque manager broke and resigned. Can't blame the guy, guess I will start looking around as well.