You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Today I accepted a job as Kit Harrington's body double for all nude scenes with Emilia Clarke. Then I woke up.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Flooded in, last night the street looked like a river. Still got power and internet and food.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Fun at the office today. Me and my big mouth. *sigh*

For some reason I don't remember we started talking about bank accounts and my boss said that he only uses cash and doesn't have a credit or debit/EC/ATM card and if he needs any money he gets it from his wife. Naturally the question why comes up where I simply had to interject and joke around.

"Yeah don't you know that's because he used to be a gambling addict and racked up quite a debt. 's just a way of coping and preventing a relapse."

...and of course that is the actual reason he only uses cash and stays as far away from any form of easily available money as possible and lets his wife handle finances. Looked at me in bewilderment and asked if he ever told me, and I was like "OMFG hell no..." followed by an awkward silence and a bit more embarrassing exposition than we would have gotten otherwise.

Yeah. So, pro-tip: If your boss ever tells you he essentially gets an allowance from the wife just make a cougar/sugar mommy comment. Or don't say anything. :facepalm:

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Flooded in, last night the street looked like a river. Still got power and internet and food.

Hope it doesn't get worse for you. You're not out of booze yet I hope?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Today I accepted a job as Kit Harrington's body double for all nude scenes with Emilia Clarke. Then I woke up.

That reminds me, didn't they already smash in real? I mean, wasn't he together with both, Emilia Clarke AND Rose Leslie at some point?

Damn, man.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Have a six day weekend. Not sure what I will do in order to be productive. Am getting a new bed though, that is exciting I guess

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Memorial Day ? You've gone back in time ? :p

This bed is far too expensive, but supposedly it is to last 20 years.  It damn well better else I will find that salesman

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Frame, box and mattress. Maybe I will spend all weekend testing it :biggrin:

You know how you can get yourself back into the zone of accomplishing things? I had done that, I'd picked up an exercise bike, started using it regularly to go with door gym and general exercise. Making myself sit down down to juggle admin and prep stuff for return to university in September, some research stuff for some consultants I know, that kick on organising various things around the house...

I'd got there, then somehow broke a toe. Which disrupts the return to exercise, and then of course its all the having to keep your foot elevated.  Now I'm all procrastination city on even paperwork and some research elements. I keep sliding into the "I'll sort that out later" and get distracted with various sci-fi / fantasy authors via kindle unlimited and suddenly the day is gone.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

With exercise, I found the best way was to join a fitness group, surround myself with positive people that encouraged and inspired me to push myself into things I never thought I could accomplish. I was fortunate enough to join a group who train people from the obese to marathon runners. Only 4 months ago, I started running and a coach who is part of team Under Armour Australia who taught me how to run properly.

So far this year, these are the events I've completed or will complete. And this is from someone who had never run more than a couple of kilometres in my life.

8 Apr     Jabulani Challenge Half Marathon 22k

23 Apr   Anzac Day Challenge Half Marathon 25k

6 May    Spartan Obstacle Race - Sprint 7k (Picton, NSW)

7 May    Wings for Life World Run (12.4k until caught by chase car)

21 May Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon 21k

10 Jun   True Grit 24hr endurance event – 31.89k

17 Jun   Glow Worm Tunnel Trail Half Marathon 21k

1 Jul       Kokoda Trail 5 day trek - 96k

29 Jul     Australian Outback Marathon 42k - Uluru Ayres Rock  / The Olgas

11 Aug  Larapinta Trail West MacDonnell Ranges NT -  4 Stage / 4 Day race 83k

19 Aug  Thunderbolt Trail Race 33k

27 Aug  Sydney Tower Stair Challenge 100 levels / 1504 steps

9 Sep     Fan Dance 24k (QLD)

17 Sep   Blackmores Sydney Marathon 42k

6 Oct      Spartan Hurricane Heat 4 Hour challenge (Bright, Victoria)

7 Oct      2 day Spartan Trifecta  - Sprint 7k / Super 13k / Beast 21k (Bright, Victoria)

4 Nov    Raw Challenge 12 Hour Enduro

18 Nov  Survival Run 75k

19 Nov  Buckley’s Chance Off-Trail Run 50k

• Like 1

I was supposed to attend a meeting in a city two hours away. I got here this morning and found out it was cancelled. Guess who didn't get the word.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

First day of vacation, wasting it by learning HTML (well ok just stuff that came after I stopped making web pages 17 years ago)

So they found a WWII bomb at the Uni. Everyone including me of course in a 1.5km radius will be evacuated on Sunday for the defusion.

• Like 2

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

So they found a WWII bomb at the Uni. Everyone including me of course in a 1.5km radius will be evacuated on Sunday for the defusion.

I'd be the dumbass caught taking selfies while riding it like Slim Pickens in Dr. Strangelove

:lol: 

• Like 4

Thomas Sowell

^Well it must be a mini-nuke if they had to clear out a 1 mile radius!

Not that i understand what that actually means, buts it's apparently the British 1.8 tonnes HC-4000 bomb with about 1400 kg TNT. At least that sounds like a lot.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Today I learned the difference between luck and luxury.

Luxury: A functional bathroom light after a week without it.

Luck: If a rotten cable triggers a fuse permanently instead of starting a fire.

We'll receive the bill for this lesson within the next few days.

And yes, we left the switch in the off position until the electrician had found the cause. Which was the right decision, obviously.