A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the (Obsidian) Forum

Amentep

A bloke walks into a brothel and says:- "I'm a bit kinky, how much for total humiliation?" The madam replies: "£60". "Wow, what do I get for that?" he says. She says: "A season ticket at Highbury Stadium , and an Arsenal shirt "

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So with all the scandinavians we have on the boards.. just how true is this? ;)

14054993_914242125348568_286012466002921

I can attest for the Swedish atleast, that it is true. :)

Though we do use "pojkvän"(Boyfriend) and "flickvän"(Girlfriend) aswell.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The Danish one sounds about right too (archaic spelling though. The 'j' isn't really used anymore)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A bloke walks into a brothel and says:- "I'm a bit kinky, how much for total humiliation?" The madam replies: "£60". "Wow, what do I get for that?" he says. She says: "A season ticket at Highbury Stadium , and an Arsenal shirt "

Eh. Not as if the club is Leeds.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the police stops a guy in the street and tells him that they have been tailing him for the last 400km and that he was the only driver who has not committed a single infraction on the way, not even a minor one, so they will award him with a prize of 5000 euros. they ask him what he plans to do with the money and he says

"i'll use it to get a driver's licence"

his wife noticed his blunder and tried to cover it up by saying

"don't mind his ramblings, he's drunk"

meanwhile her father in the back seat who was hard of hearing and didn't know what was happening shouted

"i told you it was a bad idea to make the trip in a stolen car"

• Like 4

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

L6xpQi1.jpg

• Like 8

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

So with all the scandinavians we have on the boards.. just how true is this? ;)

14054993_914242125348568_286012466002921

I can attest for the Swedish atleast, that it is true. :)

Though we do use "pojkvän"(Boyfriend) and "flickvän"(Girlfriend) aswell.

The Finnish one isn't though - it means 'twig' and is slang for the male genitalia. But I suppose calling your loved one a **** is Finnish enough :)

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

21151646_1615953698425837_10435814676870

• Like 4

-Teknoman2-

Warning strong language:

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

*does that innocent whistle thing*

13138892_1205397076147520_17435046107919

that's a misconception though since feeding cattle and then eating their meat needs way more farm land than simply eating the damn plants.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

*does that innocent whistle thing*

13138892_1205397076147520_17435046107919

that's a misconception though since feeding cattle and then eating their meat needs way more farm land than simply eating the damn plants.
So where is the misconception part?
The point of the post is that vegans are no different since they cause an equal amount of animal death. But since they need less farms AND don't eat meat, this is not true.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

For something I threw on the funny things thead, that took a lot of people seriously apparently...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yes, and to continue...

Grain/ cereal fed cattle/ meat farming is horrendously inefficient as the energy conversion is only 10%, you need to harvest and transport the grain etc and it's far more efficient to just have people eat the grain instead of feeding it to a cow since cow energy also has a 10% efficiency when turned into human energy (so there's a 1% overall efficiency from grain to human instead of 10%). As practised in the US it's also a giant sop to subsidised corn and the like, and is perfect for double dipping agricultural subsidies from growing the cereal then from farming the cattle.

However, if you stick a cow in a paddock and it eats grass that is fine. Not all land is suitable for grains, and where it isn't Mr Moo gives you a 10% energy conversion you wouldn't get at all otherwise.

• Like 1