Politics - Jason X

Amentep

GD is white, they'd just wait him out to get his guns. :p

just like they did with the branch davidians?

HA! Good Fun!

Ok, they'd wait him out and then burn him alive.

that will teach him a lesson.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, in this experiment their goal is to get his guns. His death is just collateral damage.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not sure of the source of this, but I feel like it shows the difference?

Risks.jpg

Also pretty sure the amount peacetime Americans killed with firearms inside US borders is more than the amount of Americans killed in every war and armed conflict America has participated in put together?

Don't take my word for it though. Typing on my crappy phone so I didn't check.

Sure is nifty that it starts after 9/11 but before the Orlando shooting.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Leftist reaction:

It's about gender & race

Normal people reaction:

We wished we had guns

populists reaction: let's abuse this national tragedy for political propaganda

This

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Leftist reaction:

It's about gender & race

Normal people reaction:

We wished we had guns

Reasonable comparison. They would probably clutch those guns in fear, not suddenly transform into Ding Chavez.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Leftist reaction:

It's about gender & race

Normal people reaction:

We wished we had guns

The only ones to do that right now is the left that want's to abolish second amendment. Because if they can abolish one amendment they have a precedence for abolishing the rest.
can the left not be populist? And that second link is definitely pro gun propaganda

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Well that's when someone would make this. After 9/11.

Yes, but most honest people would include 9/11.

Generally you exclude highly unusual events as being misleading, otherwise you end up with Norway being a Nazi deathtrap due to Breivik or 100% of international terrorism related deaths in New Zealand being due to the French equivalent of the CIA attacking Greenpeace.

Doesn't have much to do with honesty anyway, last time people brought up statistics about terrorism we had a chart that excluded every developed country that had zero terrorist related deaths to try and prove how bad the problem was- unsurprisingly there were more with zero deaths than there were with deaths; and Norway was worst per capita due solely to Breivik.

Leftist reaction:

It's about gender & race

Normal people reaction:

We wished we had guns

Reasonable comparison. They would probably clutch those guns in fear, not suddenly transform into Ding Chavez.

Most probably true. They would have the option though and maybe some people would panic less with an armed person beside them.

Leftist reaction:

It's about gender & race

Normal people reaction:

We wished we had guns

The only ones to do that right now is the left that want's to abolish second amendment. Because if they can abolish one amendment they have a precedence for abolishing the rest.
can the left not be populist? And that second link is definitely pro gun propaganda

Sure they can, but from context it seemed you made a distinction between left and populists.

The link is definitely a pro gun, why would it be a propaganda though? It's what an actual person who was there said in interview not a journalist thoughts in feuilleton.

populists are populists; be they dressed in brown or red.

And of course it was something someone actually said; but there were hundreds of people. You would've found people for literally any opinion to interview. The choice had a clear motive.

And everybody knows

Generally you exclude highly unusual events as being misleading, otherwise you end up with Norway being a Nazi deathtrap due to Breivik or 100% of international terrorism related deaths in New Zealand being due to the French equivalent of the CIA attacking Greenpeace.

Doesn't have much to do with honesty anyway, last time people brought up statistics about terrorism we had a chart that excluded every developed country that had zero terrorist related deaths to try and prove how bad the problem was- unsurprisingly there were more with zero deaths than there were with deaths; and Norway was worst per capita due solely to Breivik.

Throwing out outliers usually only makes sense when you don't clamp the findings to just post 9/11 either. Islamic terrorism goes back at least to the early 80's. Even then outliers get amortized over such a long period that it's typically best to leave them in when discerning averages. Next, you don't just pull older numbers. After 2001 the next deadliest years of terror attacks is 2014, 2015, and 2016. Then when talking about the US alone, you don't just cite low numbers of attacks when more than anything our surveillance programs have been setup to mitigate attacks in the first place.

These days I find statistics to be increasingly subversive. You can without changing observed data, obscure the reality that produced the data set.

You might want to look into the 18th and 21st amendment.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

These days I find statistics to be increasingly subversive. You can without changing observed data, obscure the reality that produced the data set.

What! That's crazy talk! Just look at this poll performed by the press, which shows that the press is increasingly trusted by more people. *nodnod*

And of course it was something someone actually said; but there were hundreds of people. You would've found people for literally any opinion to interview. The choice had a clear motive.

Every choice is made with a motive. Doesn't make it a propaganda though, unless everything is a propaganda in which case we are making the word meaningless.
Generally defining at which point something is propaganda is very difficult. But this specific article consists of one very narrow point of view, while it makes no effort to present any other opposing views; which makes it a heavily biased information shared on a public platform which is closely connected to prominent political figures who share the presented point of view, so YES, it is propaganda. Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

You might want to look into the 18th and 21st amendment.

You know what? If that's the way they want to do it, then let's do it. If 2/3 of Americans decide to repeal the 2nd Amendment THEN I'll go along with it. But not by the legislature ignoring that inconvenient document that limits their hubris and ramming their will down our throats. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We aren't exactly close to abolishing the 2nd Amendment, so everyone can relax about their guns. As I said, if Sandy Hook didn't result in any dramatic changes in gun control laws, this is not going to do anything either. That being said, having a gun would have been fairly useless in this scenario. You aren't going to take out a guy on the 32nd floor with a pistol. It would be terribly reckless to even try.

So what about the cake decorator case. Is cake decoration an example of art?

To be fair, I was completely honest about not trusting the source and validity.

We know TN, you are known for being honest and just.

Yeah, that's true. I put a lot of value on the forum guidelines and respecting Obsidian's decisions. If I had let my personal feelings get in the way, I could easily think of some members that would have been perma-banned a long time ago. I value the rules so much that I can't persecute people and go full SJW on Obsidian's boards like I would if I owned the board and if I can no longer be objective I tell the others that they should take care of a situation. In truth I'm much milder than I feel like I should be. ;)

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 2

TN is being paid by George Soros to censor opinions on the vital battleground of Obsidian Forums. We must take a stand against the Gay Muslim Communist conspiracy by calling him a rayciss.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, yeah. We're not buying that. I don't blame you though. That guy is filthy rich, why not get some for yourself!

Thomas Sowell

After googling, follow-up question: If I'm a racist SJW hippie, why would I work for an eastern-european coorporate banking pig?

cause American leftists have surprisingly little issues with wealth in comparison to white males.

And everybody knows