Politics - Jason X

Amentep

There are literally a million reasons why a Christian can rightfully engage in any traditional American holiday without it contesting their sacred beliefs or hindering their faith and walk with God but I've never heard of decorations being the big argument if Christmas. I always hear it's actually that the non-Christian community wants to replace the phrase "Merry Christmas" with "Happy Holidays" simply because "Christmas" contains "Christ" and that might offend some.

There's a great video which explains well of those who want to replace "Christmas" with "Holiday"

I mean, I am a Christian but I enjoy Halloween simply because I'm a fan of horror, I enjoy Christmas because I'm a fan of winter season - we get snow here luckily and I also love the lights. I am not a perfect Christian but will not feel guilty about something which does not strike any fear into me, it's hard to escape going into a store for things I need to live and see/enjoy these things anyway.

If we judge Christians as cultists for engaging into traditional American holidays, I wonder how much more the average uneducated non-Christian unknowingly participates in an everyday Christian activity, making them casual hypocrites. For example, too many times have I seen aethiests bow their heads or read from the Bible at a funeral. Men who swear there isnt God does not exist will pray at the bedside of their dying loved ones. Non-Christians marry in churches... and such the list goes on, even the words "Jesus", "Christ" or "God" is used in vain daily by people when other religions' heroes are not. It's indeed a bit strange.

I'm not defending the embrace of American Christinity, because you are absolutely right. The American Church has been morphed into a place where the five senses can overtake what once was. I'm simply saying the sword goes both way, both for Christianity and non-Christians alike... even though I'm guessing someone will fight me on this one way or the other -it's meant as no offesnse honestly.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I was being a bit facetious with regards to Christmas. Personally I'm fine with people trying to secularize the holidays, at least as far as it's handled in public space. I also think people that get offended over people saying "Marry Christmas" can get bent.

I've never actually heard any non-Christian have an issue with people saying Merry Christmas. Usually it's people moaning about Happy Holidays - which works as a good catchall, versus :

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It was a pretty big thing a few years ago, but I don't think Christians ever whined about the phrase Happy Holidays... after all, they're not trying to interject or squeeze their way into schools, work, etc (It was always Christmas vacation and Merry Christmas until non-Christians attempted to fight it). So no point really in Christians complaining about it, also the fact that church thrives in both phrases Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays as Easter weekend and Christmas is the most visited church services in America.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It was a pretty big thing a few years ago, but I don't think Christians ever whined about the phrase Happy Holidays.

I know for a fact that isn't true, and if you doubt me I'll create a compilation of Christians whining about happy holidays.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I didn't think you of all people would be opposed to privatization and purging of unions.

They also think Usury is bad. I love usury. They're unacceptable.

EDIT: If people want high interest loans, that's fine by me.

EDIT2: Regarding unions. Private sector unions are good. Public sector unions are bad.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Remember the situation the situation in Salt Lake City with the cops who never heard of the 4th or 5th Amendments and wanted to take a victims blood without a warrant? A nurse stopped them and they arrested her, roughly arrested her? More news has come of that. Sadly the accident victim (who WAS a victim by the way) had died from his injuries. But the thing of the story is the Salt Lake City police Union chief is lamenting how the exposure of their bad acts has made "pariahs" of their two fine officers.  http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/09/26/accident-victim-at-center-of-university-hospital-blood-draw-controversy-dies/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You would think cops would realize perception matters by now. Well or care, I suppose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I stand by my original prediction. They will dither over this make the right noises, say the right things then quietly scuttle the investigation once they think everyone has forgotten.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"I know for a fact that isn't true, and if you doubt me I'll create a compilation of Christians whining about happy holidays."

1. That was people  counter protesting  the push for 'happy holidays'.

2. It isn't just Christians who roll their eyes at the demand for it to be 'happy holidays'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"I know for a fact that isn't true, and if you doubt me I'll create a compilation of Christians whining about happy holidays."

2. It isn't just Christians who roll their eyes at the demand for it to be 'happy holidays'.

People should just accept that it is "Hyvää Joulua" (Have good Yule), like we do in Finland and everybody can be miserable or happy for fact that it isn't their holiday that gets praised and there isn't constant need for battle which phrase to use during midwinter holiday season :teehee: 

People should just accept that it is "Hyvää Joulua" (Have good Yule), like we do in Finland and everybody can be miserable or happy for fact that it isn't their holiday that gets praised and there isn't constant need for battle which phrase to use during midwinter holiday season :teehee:

Sounds too close to "hallelujah" to ever work.

Sounds too close to "hallelujah" to ever work.

It don't think that they have similar sound

https://translate.google.fi/?hl=fi#fi/en/hyv%C3%A4%C3%A4%20joulua%0Ahallelujah