Politics - Jason X

Amentep

I saw dotard on Google Trends and had to look it up

You're far from the only one.

dota3.jpg

Stay safe out there. :thumbsup:

Yep, thanks! I don't live in Catalonia but have friends there. All of the tension that's been brewing for years now with friends and families declining to discuss politics for fear of coming to blows seems to be finally coming to a breaking point. Leaked calls of riot cops bragging that there's enough police there now to "level Beirut" (?) and that "all that's needed is the cojones to let them do their thing" sure aren't helping.

Hopefully something good will come out of this and a few kleptocrats on both sides will see their political careers finished as a result. Shame that the price for that will be, at the very least, a few cracked skulls.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I didn't connect dotage with dotard either for whatever reason

went to a professor once with a real property question.  the guy were impressive looking in a meditative walrus kinda way.  enormous. bald. big bushy whiskers. contemplative. anyways, he musta used "impignorate" a half dozen times as he explained to us 'bout some rule in some case, while we nodded as if we understood.  tried figuring out definition from context but weren't helping much as he were being so technical. 

*shrug*

thanked the professor for his time and left his office to immediate go in search o' a dictionary.

so, other than memorizing our social security number, we can say our years o' higher education also taught us the definition o' impignorate... which, btw, has nothing to do with the impregnation o' pigs. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I was a bit surprised about people not groking dotard as well.  But then I enjoy learning new words (I sometimes post here when I do).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Oh boy,

Here we go again...

The liberals/Trump-haters are at it once again. How low can people get? The answer lies in attacking someone for speaking out against cyber-bullying. And also, they aren't smart enough to tell who is KellyAnne Conway or Melania Trump, so imstead group everyone is one and should be treated as so. 2017 logic I guess. Well, it's the internet after all.

Also, more wardrobe bashing... Tear her apart for overdressing, tear her apart for underdressing. I suppose some people found the 3rd grade insult of "She looks like the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka" funny though, that one isn't really that bad but it's very elementary.

Ps I'm talking about the people on Twitter, not the people on here (clarification so nobody om the thread gets offended).

Edit: Sorry for bad English.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Okay ? Have to admit anyone with Trump as a surname shouldn't be talking about how bad cyber bullying (well or just plain old ****-posting) is.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Okay ? Have to admit anyone with Trump as a surname shouldn't be talking about how bad cyber bullying (well or just plain old ****-posting) is.

So you're suggesting that just because she is his wife that she shouldn't be taken seriously on the matter? I would figure that people be thankful and hope that if his wife speaks out of it then it would change his heart and maybe he will start acting different? At least, that's what I hope for.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

as the activists likes to say, "real change begins at home."  as such, melania has her work cut out for her, no?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Federal government notifies 21 states of election hacking: https://apnews.com/cb8a753a9b0948589cc372a3c037a567

At least some were breached, but it's not clear exactly how many or to what effect. I know many Arizonians complained about having their voting registrations being (seemingly) illegitimately revoked leading up to the election...and not a single poll ever showed Trump being ahead in Wisconsin. Doesn't necessarily mean either were "hacked"...but there is still some uncertainty about whether we could even tell exactly what was changed even if we know they were hacked. We should probably figure this out before elections...but I'm not gonna count on it happening.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It's amazing the amount of permutations of this story.

Was the hacking of the DNC Russia or Seth Rich who was murdered shortly after furnishing Wikileaks with info.

Was it anything to do with DW Schultz and her erstwhile employee Imran Awans HD or her laptop over which she threatened the cops over, when it was siezed as evidence.

Anything to do with DNC crying HACK! But won't hand over the servers for examination?

Or Hillary's unprotected illegal private servers.

The most compelling thing I've heard is John McAfee saying, if Russia hacked your servers they wouldn't be dumb enough to leave any evidence.

The whiff of BS in all of this is overwhelming.

Edited by Fiach
  • Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Oh boy,

Here we go again...

The liberals/Trump-haters are at it once again. How low can people get? The answer lies in attacking someone for speaking out against cyber-bullying. And also, they aren't smart enough to tell who is KellyAnne Conway or Melania Trump, so imstead group everyone is one and should be treated as so. 2017 logic I guess. Well, it's the internet after all.

Also, more wardrobe bashing... Tear her apart for overdressing, tear her apart for underdressing. I suppose some people found the 3rd grade insult of "She looks like the blueberry girl from Willy Wonka" funny though, that one isn't really that bad but it's very elementary.

Ps I'm talking about the people on Twitter, not the people on here (clarification so nobody om the thread gets offended).

Edit: Sorry for bad English.

Stopped listening to their BS when they lambasted her just because she falteringly read The Lords Prayer in a language that wasn't her native tongue.

• Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

well, on the lighter side, how 'bout a little morgan freeman?

what?  doesn't everybody like morgan freeman?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Obama, Hillary, and others: It is impossible to hack, udnermind, or cheat at the Amerikan election and anyione who suggests otherwise is unpatriotic...

*their side loses*

WE WERE HAXXORED!

Obama 1:  The Cold War is over so stop making Russia the boogeyman.

Obama 2 : Russia is the boogeyman.

Obama was the President when this 'hacking' occurred. If it did happen he is responsible for it and failed at his job. PERIOD. So either he was incompetent or is a liar. CHOOSE.

P.S. Sad that they got to Freeman.  The guy  anti SJW or at leats he sued to be. wutz happened... <>

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Seems reasonable to me. If for some reason unpatriotic athletes bother you, leaving is a pretty logical course of action.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20788354/president-donald-trump-speaks-nfl-player-protests: "He also said that NFL ratings are down "massively, massively" because people prefer watching him. NFL ratings dropped eight percent in 2016 compared to 2015."

I would like a transcript of this, because :lol:

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Why am I a **** rider? Because I disagreed with you on one/two political standpoints and challenged something?

No, I don't really care about that. Again, I'm not a Trump supporter and as hard as it may be for you and some others to believe, I don't really support alot of his actions but if it makes people feel better, I guess you can continue to falsely label me and resort to the usual troll behavior of name-calling before getting to know where I really stand.

Edited by SonicMage117

This is interesting... :o

Any Hilary fans here? What do you make of this?

Don't worry, it's not from Fox...

Sorry bad english, again not great at it.

• Like 1

There aren't many Hillary fans here and the ones I know of hardly ever post in here anymore. Most of the Trump supporters don't even post here anymore either.

Honestly, a good chunk of the people in here aren't even from the US. These boards are pretty diverse and it's one of my favorite things about them, all the different perspectives

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

There aren't many Hillary fans here and the ones I know of hardly ever post in here anymore. Most of the Trump supporters don't even post here anymore either.

Honestly, a good chunk of the people in here aren't even from the US. These boards are pretty diverse and it's one of my favorite things about them, all the different perspectives

I think Leferd and Bruce were literally the only ones who expressed liking Hillary pre-election. Leferd I understood to a degree, Bruce...well, we all remember that, I'm sure. Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Wow, that kinda surprises me and that's very... ummm.. interesting but explains alot. On facebook I always loved when out of country members/citizens told Americans what they needed or how they should do things. I suppose maybe the results is why it's better for people to resolve to forums instead of more personal social media outlets. Makes sense to me at least, I find that most people feel it's good to have the forums as a safe place. Especially to speak freely without alot of backlash when many people agree on the same thing.

Anybody like Dave Chappelle? He has some funny stuff:

https://youtu.be/SHG0ezLiVGc

As well as Trevor Noah

https://youtu.be/xWI8jpqlVNE

Keep in mind that it's all good comedy though :)

• Like 1

Well, most of the people you are having disagreements with here are American, one is even a fellow Texan :p

The thing is Trump is just not a popular person in the states and especially abroad so there is going to be a lot of criticism thrown his way. I've been here for three presidents now and it's always the same just usually coming from different folks.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21