Politics - Jason X

Amentep

Of course, us in California can take solace in the fact that we have better wine, food, and weather than everyone else. Oh, and Yosemite.

Its greatest resource is also well-taken care of when it comes to higher education. Best in class for film studies, sciences and high technology (everyone knows MIT is a punk b**** compared to Caltech, there, I said it), art, and public research schools.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I hate to break it to you, but the Republicans don't believe in liberal Democracy either.

But Democrats are far, far worse. Granted both parties are corrupt, but without changing the electoral system nothing can be done about it.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I hate to break it to you, but the Republicans don't believe in liberal Democracy either.

But Democrats are far, far worse. Granted both parties are corrupt, but without changing the electoral system nothing can be done about it.

We'd say the same of our opposing parties as far as who is far worse on x issue, but yes, not much can be done about the problems with our current political system without changing the electoral system. Like changing away from FPTP (first past the post) for example.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

"Of course, us in California can take solace in the fact that we have better wine, food, and weather than everyone else."

You also do earthquakes pretty well.

P.S. Good on Pelosi on this... of coruse, she needs expect to be called a KKK apologist or some other such nonsense.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What is the difference between these chaps and the Black Bloc protesters?

It seems to me that Antifa is kind of like Alt-Right, in that there are numerous groups that claim to be a part of it, some much worse than others. It also seems rather disorganized. 

I wouldn't quite say that they're 'nazis in disguise' (given that they're opposing the nazis), but yes, they're definetly an equivalent distance from the center. Peaceful protests are a heck of a lot more effective anyway.

As the saying goes, violence begets violence begets violence begets violence begets violence begets violence. Okay, it's an extended version of the saying which makes the point that it's a cycle.

It seems to me that Antifa is kind of like Alt-Right, in that there are numerous groups that claim to be a part of it, some much worse than others. It also seems rather disorganized. 

The antifa (the anarchists and the ones descended from anti-fascist groups from the 1930's and 1940's) are the ones who think the only solution to the alt-right is to fight back with violence instead of peacefully. The Black Bloc (is that the same as BLM?) and Black Lives Matter generally prefer peaceful rather than violence.

edit: Not sure why I double posted, but anyways.......

Edited by smjjames

I've been reading up on the Patriot Prayer group and Joey Gibson. Talk about a crazy story, this guy seems to be doing everything he can to distance himself from white supremacists and denounce racists, and he is still getting attacked.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/23/whos-behind-this-weekends-right-wing-rally-at-crissy-field/

Hopefully all this stuff dies down a bit soon so we can start having actual dialogue.

"Black Lives Matter generally prefer peaceful"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

'DEATH TO WHITEY! EPAICIALLY THE PIGS! DEATH TO WHITEY ESPICIALLY THE PIG!'

BLM shooters mass murders multiple white cops and also shoots a black mother.

But, yeah, BLm is about 'peaceful' protest. HAHAHAHAH!

Have you ever considered not voting for Republicans and Democrats? If we get enough people to do that we CAN start changing things a little without screwing with the Constitution. It has happened before. You don't see any Whigs running around do you?

Oh... wait: http://www.modernwhig.org/

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Can't wait until people seriously rank Antifa up there with Al Qaeda.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Have you ever considered not voting for Republicans and Democrats? If we get enough people to do that we CAN start changing things a little without screwing with the Constitution. It has happened before. You don't see any Whigs running around do you?"

IMGKSqu.gif

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Black Bloc is a tactic from the 80's, antifa is from 20's-30's Europe where fascists started getting into the government and leftists started fighting them. Today black bloc is the preferred tactic of the left and antifa is a catchall term for protesting reactionaries or part of a deep-state conspiracy to attack WoD.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

"Have you ever considered not voting for Republicans and Democrats? If we get enough people to do that we CAN start changing things a little without screwing with the Constitution. It has happened before. You don't see any Whigs running around do you?"

IMGKSqu.gif

Sure, 7 million paying member of the LP and this one guy is representative of every one of them.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

IMGKSqu.gif

Sure, 7 million paying member of the LP and this one guy is representative of every one of them.

Wasn't that the result of a bet? I could be wrong but I think that's why he stripped.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

He stripped because he thought Gary Johnson was a republican who smoked weed and not a libertarian.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

From an American relation of mine : "Could we be the only country dumb enough to start a second civil war because we're offended by the first one?"

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

He stripped because he thought Gary Johnson was a republican who smoked weed and not a libertarian.

And both points would be wrong since Gary Johnson isn't a Republican and doesn't smoke weed!

He eats it... ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

"@volourn: ..... you're cherrypicking..."

'Cherry picking'.

LIke people who claim that douchebag who murdered that woman with his car represents the entire 'Alt Right'.

Facts are the facts.  BLm likes to commit mass murder and chant racist slogans as they march. EVIL.

And both points would be wrong since Gary Johnson isn't a Republican and doesn't smoke weed!

He eats it... ;)

Well that's reason enough to strip in protest.

From an American relation of mine : "Could we be the only country dumb enough to start a second civil war because we're offended by the first one?"

We're nowhere near that point... right now anyway.

With all the rhetoric flying around about what might happen if Trump got impeached, I hope nothing does happen. There could be issues if the impeachment looks highly partisan and depends on how the investigation stuff shakes out.