Politics - Jason X

Amentep

Is this the Deep State Antifa Death Squad edition?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Responding to WoD

OK, let's wave a magic wand and make Bernie Sanders President for the rest of this term. Will we be more like Sweden in 2020 or more like the US in 2016? The reason why you shouldn't worry too much is even if it happened he would not be all powerful. He would still have only a third of the political power of the federal government. If 218 Bernie Sanders get elected the house and 51 Bernie's in the Senate it still would not be the end because the States have their own political powers. And even if all of that fails the final redoubt of the United States is and has always been insurrection. And if you don't win at the very least you won't have to be subjected to what comes next. I really would not worry about this. Yes it's fun to talk about and I am not at all ashamed to engage in a little harmless hyperbole myself.

One of the big things I hear from people is "I like some of the things the Libertarians stand for but..." nobody likes everything. But here is the thing, electing a libertarian President in 2020 and even a few LP candidates to congress will not make the US a libertarian paradise. At best it will more the needle away from the current statist trend a little bit. If the magical Sanders administration happened at best they would move the needle a little. You are not going to go from the USA you know to gulags, secret police, and nationalization of everything you own with a few mass murders for good measure.

Right now you can drive from Key West to Pocatello Idaho and not pass through a single state or even county where the Democrats have any power at all. In 2008 it looked like the GOP was on the verge of extinctions. These things are cyclical. Four years from now it will be all different again. The only difference between now and ever in our history is the cycles are coming faster and faster. Maybe people are beginning to realize there is little difference between the two after all. I can always hope. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was hoping to see a thread about the politics in Jason X. I've been baited! 1_0e_by_babblingfaces-dblmsv9.png

Sorry, I was trying to think of a clever way to hit the number 10 since the last thread was 9, and Jason X was literally the only thing I could think of. :(

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

503884_1.jpg

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was hoping to see a thread about the politics in Jason X. I've been baited! 1_0e_by_babblingfaces-dblmsv9.png

Sorry, I was trying to think of a clever way to hit the number 10 since the last thread was 9, and Jason X was literally the only thing I could think of. :(

I know, was just kidding. Good title! :D

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

^ Oh, FFS...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wow. What an idiot. What was he trying to do? Is he an 'alt righter' trying to gain brownie points for being stabbed? Or some other type of loon? The. logic. it. hurtz. What was the goal here? LMAO

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Isn't NK way more mountainous than SK? It does have a general point though.

It ignores a few factors, but that isn't the important part I think ;)

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

I'd post this in the funny thing thread.... but it ain't funny

21077726_10212627006443615_5114343751802

• Like 5

Thomas Sowell

I appreciate you keeping politics out of the funny thread unlike everyone else. :wub:

• Like 4

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Sometimes, you have to put politics in the funny thread. Otherwise you might end up crying.

On that slight edge of politics but not quite..  Gone with the Wind removed from theater due to racial sensitivity

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."