Wouldn't it be Mindblowing...

Imagine if Obsidian could somehow manage to combine Pillars Of Eternity's World, Companions Party,

RTwP Gameplay, Story, Quests, Etc... Into a Game in this Engine.

Phfeww, I love Isometric, I've pledged two times for it but... I definitely wouldn't turn my back on a Pillars Of Eternity spin-off like this.

Especially if it's made by Obsidian...  :w00t:

I hope for them, that one day they'll have the opportunity to release their own AAA in such scale.

They are decent tests at least. I wouldn't mind a Pillars game done in this perspective were the content there as well, but it would of course imply a heck of a lot more money, people and time to develop, which is way outside what Obsidian can afford at the moment.

I would however also like to see an actual cinematographer being brought in to consult or help develop the 'camera' in the game, were something like this made in the future. Already from the tests above I can see the potential of some pretty vistas made nowhere as evocative due to inept framing, 'lenswork', camera movement and the overabundance of cheap bloom and solar flare effects. Also a landscape artist to be able to design a world of the sort into something that is interesting and diverse and not just a generic open-world mountain forest, which all of the above does feel like a fair bit. But again, it's a test, the technology is what is being shown there, not the artistry, so I guess it could have potential. If, again, they had the money and time and desire for it.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

What doesn't look very good in that first video are the skree slopes. They look unnatural, and the wide shots don't really show any. I think they need to visit a real mountain range.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

What doesn't look very good in that first video are the skree slopes. They look unnatural, and the wide shots don't really show any. I think they need to visit a real mountain range.

This is PSA: Get your alluvial fans right! It just might save your life.

I didn't want to open a new topic for this question and it matches to the title. :)

Wouldn't it be mindblowing... to meet some POE1 companions as NPC in Deadfire? It could be sooooo cool for example to rescue some people and Sagani is one of them or we have to kill a priest and it turns out that Durance is that person?? :-D

I mean just a small role for them, not a comeback as companion.

Or we could even meet memorable NPC from Pillars1 and get info from another part of their life...

Such elements in the story would be just amazing!!

Hungarian localization in progress  :w00t:

I didn't want to open a new topic for this question and it matches to the title. :)

Wouldn't it be mindblowing... to meet some POE1 companions as NPC in Deadfire? It could be sooooo cool for example to rescue some people and Sagani is one of them or we have to kill a priest and it turns out that Durance is that person?? :-D

I mean just a small role for them, not a comeback as companion.

Or we could even meet memorable NPC from Pillars1 and get info from another part of their life...

Such elements in the story would be just amazing!!

I believe it was implied that characters from PoE might appear even if they won't be companions this time around. It is important to not put too many of them (how odd running into the same faces again and again) but seeing friendly face and seeing how far they have progress since last game would be great. Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2