Since you guys are discussing Barbarians:

Is Frenzy a "must" talent? In theory, the inability to see your Endurance would be a "no go," so I am thinking of not taking it. Will this nerf my DPS too much?

Depends on your stats.

For the barbarian before HoF, since I mainly attacked with Firebrand, which is 2handed, I needed max Dex, so I couldn't max Mi and I even dumped Con all the way.

This meant i not only needed frenzy to make up for that, but also have max bonuses, through resting, whore and consumables for every serious fight.

This is probably not a good approach if you're learning how to play the class, so if you have 10 base Con and 15 base MI (at least) you might not need Frenzy.

Also bear in mind there's Sanguine Plate which gives you 2x frenzy per encounter if you get crit, I also used that quite a lot, unless I needed Stun/Prone reduction.

I noticed a lot of builds have Sanguine Plate, but I am still put off by the inability to see your Endurance. How do you keep alive without even knowing how much health you have left? I don't get it. Do you just waste heals on the Frenzied Barbarian?

If I can I try to take note of the amount of damage I take.

I also have autopause on low end and low hp.

But yeah if you don't feel confident maybe skip it.

The main beauty about frenzy is the attack speed increase.

• Like 1

Or way better: you can just pass your mouse over your char in pause and see the color of the health. Green = ok; yellow= ok (> 25% i think); red = drink a potion / stalwart defiance( < 25%), dark red = near death < 10%.

No need to see an exact number, this system is good enough. I'm immune to frenzy.

• Like 2

If it is attack speed that is the objective, I find it easier to just use Potions of DAoM. After all, DAoM gives a higher bonus and suppresses the attack speed increase of Frenzy. Unless there is something else I am missing. Still the Mig and Con increase from Frenzy is nice.

I dont normally keep track of Endurance level under Frenzy, but a way to sort of gauge the Endurance left is by some of the racial abilities. Eg Fire Godlike's battle-forged will still trigger under concealed Endurance. So it lets you know the Frenzied char has Endurance at 50% or lower.

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 2

If it is attack speed that is the objective, I find it easier to just use Potions of DAoM. After all, DAoM gives a higher bonus and suppresses the attack speed increase of Frenzy. Unless there is something else I am missing. Still the Mig and Con increase from Frenzy is nice.

I dont normally keep track of Endurance level under Frenzy, but a way to sort of gauge the Endurance left is by some of the racial abilities. Eg Fire Godlike's battle-forged will still trigger under concealed Endurance.

But you get Frenzy at level 1 and it's per encounter. ;)

Ofc if it was just attack speed DaoM would be better but in the combination of stats frenzy gives I find the attack speed the nicest, but also as said above at low levels i afforded to put less stat points into Mi and Con because of Frenzy.

If you use Frenzy later for max damage on HoF the attack speed doesn't matter anymore ofc.

• Like 2