Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PotD too easy :(

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

WOLFGEIST

WOLFGEIST

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

I mean, every encounter is mapped out and you know about every spell, stat, item, etc. If you know everything about the game is simply has to be easy unless it's impossible or random chance plays a larger factor.

You simply have to find ways to challenge yourself. Try playing without Confusion/Dominate spells. Try playing with no magic or enchanted items. Etc.

Mygaffer

Mygaffer

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Once I got to level 11+ there were no challenging fights anymore. Even though I forced the "scaler" on in all areas. Even fights I remembered as being difficult in previous non-PotD playthroughs, like the lich and the adra dragon, were pretty easy (although those ones were not in upscaled areas). And I'm not even trying to get the best character builds and party composition.

While it is definitely true that Path of the Damned is too easy it isn't really for the reasons people think, not even Mr. Boeroer (of course this is a part of the reason)

It's your meta knowledge and your improved knowledge around the mechanics. Happens to all of us. :)

Try solo PoTD next!

During the early game PotD is somewhat challenging. For people who have a deep understanding of the game even still it isn't pushing them but you can't just faff about, you have to try. But then because the XP was never properly balanced you end up outleveling everything, leading to encounters turning into jokes where you steamroll everything.

One thing I have tried that helps is rolling with a smaller party, like only four party members. It helps bring more balance. Try leaving out your most effective companions, try no priest. It forces you to adapt somewhat.

They have said they will balance the XP much better in Deadfire to avoid this problem.

Kerozevok

Kerozevok

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

PotD too easy ? Do you use "IE cheat mod" ?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7960 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

No. PotD  is too easy for a full party if you did some playthroughs before.

It's because you have good meta-knowledge (you know where to expect which enemies and you know what they are vulnerable to and so on) and usually you know the game's mechanics in and out after some runs. So you can always choose a very effctive approach for each encounter. You will know that accuracy + hard CC is the most important thing in this game and trivializes most encounters. This makes most of the game very easy even on PotD. Only exception is the early game where you don't have a lot of resources - which also isn't very hard but more difficult than Act II + following.

Kerozevok

Kerozevok

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

No. PotD  is too easy for a full party if you did some playthroughs before.

Recently I've played the 1st Spellforce... The 1st time my reaction was : "My God ! This game is really hard !".

Then after finish it 3-4 times : "This game is easy, too easy...". ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users