What Book(s) or Author would like to be turned into a game?

EbonyBetty

Imagine the braid tugging and skirt smoothing qte!

And ear boxing. Can't forget that. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wheel of Time.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet.

As others said before:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_(video_game)

The consensus on it is, that it was always very underrated game.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It was a fairly decent game. I've still got it stashed away. It's got a genericy sort of story that wraps around WoT lore from about 500 years before the books. Basically all the FPS normal array of guns is changed to various ter'amgreal and Channeling, so you get to run around blowing crap up with WoT magic. I never played the multiplayer side of it, but yeah, the single player was entertaining.

If it wasn't wrapped up in the WoT lore, it would be a decent FPS, but it just feels an odd genre to use that licence for.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On another consideration, I was re-reading Ilona Andrews Hidden Legacy trilogy - Take that setting which is a relatively modern day world, which magic happened to be discovered on, and has created a secondary system of "celebrity / pseudo-nobility" in the form of Houses with magical talent.  Types of  magic tends to breed true, and so they've evolved into that economic powerhouses that have literally been forming marriages and alliances to make sure the children produced are smarter, stronger, have greater magical power. If a House doesn't have enough "significant" members, they get stripped of being a House and all rights and responsibilities there of.

That would be an interesting type of setting to do that mix of political / epionage rpg with some management aspects. If you could do an Alpha Protocol style choice and consequences but more aimed at political machinations, behind the scenes intrigue, defending from (or arranging) assassination attempts along with outright "House Wars" carefully conducted under specific laws, limits and tradiitions... Trying to keep your House and family safe while growing in power and influence.. Managing the financial aspects of your House, along with physical assets, family members, oathsworn guards and the like. Different factions of other Houses, local city / country civil structures, non-magical groups, and various civilian agencies...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Simplicissimus by Grimmelshausen (Thirty-year war). It has it all: magic, War, surviving in a cruel world, philosophy, adventure, love, hate, strange creatures and a protagonist who always start at zero. Can't imagine a better book, that would be suited for a non-linear experience like video games.

• Like 1

Heck, Neal Stephenson should write games. You think Yoko Taro is weird, Stephenson would have cereal eating levels that goes into depth about the chemistry of digestion and somehow still fit the revelation that the human player character's father is a time traveling dinosaur priest in the same scene. All completely straight faced.

• Like 1

Heck, Neal Stephenson should write games. You think Yoko Taro is weird, Stephenson would have cereal eating levels that goes into depth about the chemistry of digestion and somehow still fit the revelation that the human player character's father is a time traveling dinosaur priest in the same scene. All completely straight faced.

Ah, so you've already read his next novel! :)

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Not surprised that Heinlein was mentioned, but no love for Asimov? There's apparently a Foundation TV show in the works, so if it catches on, it may yet get made.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It' time for the real White Wolf to step forward, Elric must claim his throne. For those not in the know, imagine the best parts of Warhammer/ Witcher/ Elder Scrolls (which mostly ripped off Moore****), then add reality storms. sentient soul weapons, and a whole lot of horror. So wonderful, so underused.

Apart from that, I would love to see a game based on the Laundry Files  too.  

Edited by HooAmEye

It's juvenile/young adult fiction, but I would like to see Susan Cooper's Dark is Rising series.  I'd like to see Lovecraft also.  Hmmm, Peter Straub's Shadowland, which is billed as horror but more eerie than truly scary.  Great novel.  Of course, there would be a lot of work to get it into something playable as a game.

Not surprised that Heinlein was mentioned, but no love for Asimov? There's apparently a Foundation TV show in the works, so if it catches on, it may yet get made.

As an unabashed fan of Starship Troopers, I would be afraid the game would take the cartoonish path of the movie rather than the flawed but thought provoking ideas expressed in the book. Edited by Eumaios

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg