Of course this will be limited as we don't know the nitty gritty details just yet, but based on how they play in POE 1 & the little we do know of the multi-class system:

1. What would your starting stats be for this build?

2. How do you think it would play and how would these classes complement each other abilities and play style wise?

3. Do you think it would be effective?

4. What would you name it?

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

One thing I could see is an Island Aumaua with 4 dual pistol sets and 4 uses of Flames of Devotion with all the fitting talents and item enchantments (burning lash, Intense Flames, Scion of Flame and so on). With Quick Switch he could then fire his FoD shots as soon as he needs focus.

In theory (and if dual pistols work with Full Attack abilities like dual melee weapons did) this should result in a lot of focus with each FoD-shot - since lashes also generated focus in PoE1. Combined with Biting and Draining Whip this should work nicely.

Stats would favor MIG, INT and PER. Maybe DEX for casting, too.

I would name it "The Zealous Soulshot" - no not really... ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Island Aumaua with 4 dual pistol sets and 4 uses of Flames of Devotion with all the fitting talents and item enchantments

Nailed it.

Also it might work well with blunderbusses, depending on what enemies we will encounter.

• Like 1

Great suggestion and a good alternative to the sword and board pally I'd usually go for.

I've never been a big fan of firearms in classical fantasy settings, even early technology ones, however the whole open seas pirate vibe the sequel will have makes it easier for me.

Island Aumaua with the extra weapons slot is ideal, as are the stats for it, but I'm going to try and blend that with a human character with a higher charisma for a blend of effectiveness and role playing (dialogue options and seeing a a POE pally as an effective party leader.

What advice would you give for this multi-class if it were melee focused? (I'm still leaning towards the firearms though).

Thanks again!

Edited by PneumaticFire

Something with effect on crit - like stun or prone on crit or/and annihilating.

Hours of St. Rumbalt in PoE1 had both: prone on crit and did double crit damage.

Because in theory Sworn Enemy + Flames of Devotion + Borrowed Instincts should lead to an accuracy bonus of +55. Plenty of crits.

If there's still a possibility for non-druids to summon Firebrand I would use that. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If there's still a possibility for non-druids to summon Firebrand I would use that. :)

Oh, completely forgot about this spell. Rank 2, per-encounter... Can't wait to see it's stats in Deadfire.

• 2 months later...

Hey Boeroer/guys.

Now that the beta has released and we have a better idea of class builds (as they currently stand), what amendments or additions would you make to the above builds for an Inquisitor?
I'm currently role-playing as a Kind Wayfarer/Soulblade melee build, however I am definitely open to other variations of inquisitor.

What would your starting attributes be?

:)