I couldn't find my old thread from 1.5 years back so here's a new one.

I'll start with footage of Cail the Silent being burned, just when I got level 9.

I streamed a bit more after that and today as well so there's a lot more footage coming.

I'm almost level 12 now and have 6x seven Nights and 6x2 ogres but usually the fights don't go long enough for 5 phrases.

Also I finally went in the White March (upscaled) only to realise one of the bounty rewards is a weapon with Prayer against Treachery, so Fampyrs are no problem anymore. :D

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 2

Do you use single weapon wielding in order to get +12 ACC for the chants? Because if Fights are over that quickly you most likely don't need a lot of defenses. ;)

I am using small shields, since I want palalike defenses, I guess I'm greedy. :p

Acc doesn't seem a problem and there's been situations where I went into fights with yellow hp bar and one or 2 of my chanters went down. :(

You can also switch back and forth between shield and single weapon (if you're not under attack). Lots of micro of course, but since you're greedy... ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Going for easy mode, I see. Whatever works for you heh.

I think my last chanter-heavy attempt on him was a 5 chanter/1 priest party. All 5 chanters were dual-wielding and Cail was actually one of the first to go down. Personally I don't think I'd ever swap that priest out for a final chanter, spells like Withdraw are just so OP.

• Like 1

Yeah on paper adding a priest and cipher would make the party even stronger.

In practice the dmage output of 6 chanters tops everything especially if you'd have to pause to micro your priest (I'd have to :p)

• Like 1

So i don't know if Boeroer remembers, but back in my original thread for the 6 chanters I promised him to summon 12 ogres.

My chat also thought it was funny to summon them in the matron mother's room, I guess they are sadistic or something  :bat:

• Like 5

Here's the Radiant Spore:

This was the first time I had to reload for quite some time, since my usual strategy of rushing into the fight without food prebuff did not work (also I forgot that you had to rush thru to the spore and tried to tank while attacking the vithracks.)

• Like 2

This was the first time I had to reload for quite some time, since my usual strategy of rushing into the fight without food prebuff did not work (also I forgot that you had to rush thru to the spore and tried to tank while attacking the vithracks.)

You've probably figured this out by now, but the Radiant Spore's spit attack inflicts Weakened, which is what lowered your characters' Fortitude.

• Like 1

You've probably figured this out by now, but the Radiant Spore's spit attack inflicts Weakened, which is what lowered your characters' Fortitude.

I did not see the exact debuff, since when I checked I also had a lot of buffs on, so thx for sharing. :)

@ Raven Darkholme: I haven't looked up your stats or equipment, but wouldn't Aspirant's Mark be of advantage? It lowers reflex by 8 for quite a long duration, so in theory it should help to hit and crit with the dragon chant. and it targets will so it should hit most of the time.

Or doesn't it apply for the dragon chant for some odd reason?

@ Raven Darkholme: I haven't looked up your stats or equipment, but wouldn't Aspirant's Mark be of advantage? It lowers reflex by 8 for quite a long duration, so in theory it should help to hit and crit with the dragon chant. and it targets will so it should hit most of the time.

Or doesn't it apply for the dragon chant for some odd reason?

The only fight where the enemies reflex was too high was the 3 backstabbers in the Brynlod bounty (they had 160+).

The thing about this group is they just walk into the middle of enemies and watch them die, any kind of micro actually just slows down the kills (with the exception of said bounty and there it was only 3 enemies the rest died quickly).

So taking the talent would just mean I have 1 talent less that is generally more useful, tho I have to admit I got pretty sloppy after level 9 and was not always equipped perfectly and even forgot sword and shield talent on some chars for several levels.

Here's the vid of the Brynlod bounty, I was too sloppy in pulling all of them (I reloaded once here, too) so the fight took way too long, but since this is the hardest fight in the entire game I was okay with it.

Why not use Killers Froze Stiff (targets will)? This might have lowered their reflex enough. And/or switch to single weapon?  :brows:

Yeah, the brainfart was big for that fight, even ogres would have been amazing and my chat even suggested it.

There's one thing to be said for 6 chanters it makes you lazy.

• Like 2

I couldn't find my old thread from 1.5 years back so here's a new one.

I'll start with footage of Cail the Silent being burned, just when I got level 9.

I streamed a bit more after that and today as well so there's a lot more footage coming.

I'm almost level 12 now and have 6x seven Nights and 6x2 ogres but usually the fights don't go long enough for 5 phrases.

Also I finally went in the White March (upscaled) only to realise one of the bounty rewards is a weapon with Prayer against Treachery, so Fampyrs are no problem anymore. :D

When is this dragon normally fought? I am a total newb, so I need the context! ;)

Idk when it's usually fought, since I usually solo which pretty much guarantees early level 9, while I grinded all bounties available in Act 2 to get to 9 with the party before I fight the drake, since I wanted to see it burn. :p

If you are asking how early you could kill it I'd assume level 4-5 would be reasonable on potd with pretty much any party including 6 chanters. :p

• Like 1

Idk when it's usually fought, since I usually solo which pretty much guarantees early level 9, while I grinded all bounties available in Act 2 to get to 9 with the party before I fight the drake, since I wanted to see it burn. :p

If you are asking how early you could kill it I'd assume level 4-5 would be reasonable on potd with pretty much any party including 6 chanters. :p

Oh, so that is not an end-game dragon?

I cannot believe people solo this game when I am struggling so badly on normal. I really must be doing something wrong.

Do you enchant everything and continue to upgrade those enchants - and do you abuse consumables? Any early game, newb advice would be appreciated.

Edited by Lampros

The Adra Dragon was one of the bosses of the original game which was capped at lvl 12. So if you're lvl 16 it's actually pretty easy to kill.

You can enchant everything with the usual enchantments like fine/exceptional and lashes. You will get plenty of resources and can afford to enchant somethin sell it later. Lashes are very powerful as well as accuracy. Accuracy is actually the most important thing in PoE.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The Adra Dragon was one of the bosses of the original game which was capped at lvl 12. So if you're lvl 16 it's actually pretty easy to kill.

You can enchant everything with the usual enchantments like fine/exceptional and lashes. You will get plenty of resources and can afford to enchant somethin sell it later. Lashes are very powerful as well as accuracy. Accuracy is actually the most important thing in PoE.

But which Lash is best? And which Slaying?