I don't think many people who are strictly console gamers, will invest in a copy of a game that only works on a pc. Even if it's to support a game they like. There might be some people who mainly plays on console, but owns a pc who has joined after the announcement of PoE on consoles. This is just speculation thou, and hardly that.

I own a few consoles, but I rarely play on them anymore. They had nothing to do with me backing in any way. Post university the time for gaming has been sparse, and I use mine for rpgs on my pc. :)

• Like 2

I've bought the game on Steam a good while back, sadly my pc broke down and had little chance to play it. Then I heard the game is coming to ps4 and was very happy to hear that. I'm not hyped untill reviews say they did the port right (after Numera really messing up on ps4), but if the port is done with care, I will be sure to get this! As far as the game itself goes, I know what it is and how good it is, so it's all up to the porting team now. Really hope they care about it, because I really want to play a good rpg :)

• Like 1

I don't think many people who are strictly console gamers, will invest in a copy of a game that only works on a pc. Even if it's to support a game they like. There might be some people who mainly plays on console, but owns a pc who has joined after the announcement of PoE on consoles. This is just speculation thou, and hardly that.

I own a few consoles, but I rarely play on them anymore. They had nothing to do with me backing in any way. Post university the time for gaming has been sparse, and I use mine for rpgs on my pc. :)

Yeah since i started playing on pc my consoles gathered dust :L

so then will console sales of pillars 1 go towards it?

• Like 1

so then will console sales of pillars 1 go towards it?

Unlikely. The Fig crowdfunding campaign is long behind us, and new pledges do no longer count towards the streachgoals. If they have locked down the scope from Fig funds, why should money from other sources expand the scope?

As an aside, an ever-expanding scope, even if predicated on more resources, is a good way of making your product go over time, go over budget, and become a mess.

The money may however go toward post launch support and DLC/expansions.

All of these speculations are of course based on the idea that the console ports will be profitable and Obsidian will get a decent cut.

Edited by Night Stalker
  • Like 1

Personally, I nearly exclusively play games on console. I need a mac for work, so I have an expensively set up one of those, and I can't justify getting a gaming PC as well, so the only things I end up playing on a "PC" are non-console games that have mac ports (like PoE). I can't imagine ever playing Pillars with a controller though, the UI just wouldn't work for that.

The little footage I saw showed thoughtful optimization for console controls, two radial menus and larger dialogue screens (many thanks for thinking of the text size). Also hands-on control of characters instead of point and click for more accuracy on console. Now if Paradox Arctic managed to port it without any major bugs I think we have a winner here. Eagerly awaiting release :)

• Like 2

The little footage I saw showed thoughtful optimization for console controls, two radial menus and larger dialogue screens (many thanks for thinking of the text size). Also hands-on control of characters instead of point and click for more accuracy on console. Now if Paradox Arctic managed to port it without any major bugs I think we have a winner here. Eagerly awaiting release :)

If you will be getting your hands on with it, I would be very interested in hearing your opinion. I am going to stick on PC but it makes me incredibly happy to see genres I am enjoying (strategy, RPG) get "translated" for consoles. More players hopefully means more games!

• Like 1

If you will be getting your hands on with it, I would be very interested in hearing your opinion. I am going to stick on PC but it makes me incredibly happy to see genres I am enjoying (strategy, RPG) get "translated" for consoles. More players hopefully means more games!

When I get it I will let you know after playing a bit (unless people find gamebreaking stuff before I bought it, but unlikely). Yes, I am glad as well that the industry as a whole is looking towards consoles a bit more for bringing unconventional genres to it and try to make it work. I've alwas liked RTS and CRPGs a lot, but those are exactly the kind of games that were tailored for a pc experience. So you can imagine the heartaches when my gaming pc broke down. Luckily this is 2017 and people are trying new things for consoles, and I happen to have one :)

My first experience with a game that didn't seem to belong on consoles was with Command and Conquer (original) on ps1, as a kid I was highly satisfied with it but I think I was also a little less demanding at that age. In this age, I played Diablo 3 on both PC and PS4 and I think they succeeded extremely well in porting that game over, controls feel natural, great game on consoles as well as pc.

Now the cRPG genre makes it's way to consoles, made by a great company and ported by a company I endorse completely for bringing us Crusader Kings.

I have completely strayed off-topic, but if this game is ported well, I will look forward to part 2 on consoles. I couldn't help myself but peek a bit, like the naval setting a lot. Game on yoho!

• Like 1