[CLASS BUILD] the fast assassin (dual wielding rogue)

I find my Rogues get easily plinked by Archers. I try to make sure their armor has the pierce proof enchantment. When your Rogue engages in melee he usually chops any opponent down very quickly, so I don’t worry about the other defense types for his armor. Any missile defense item/spell is a good defense for a Rogue. Makes me think it would combo well with Monk in Deadfire.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

• 4 years later...
On 8/22/2017 at 8:21 PM, Madscientist said:

I want to create a rogue who goes for full offense, moves and attacks as fast as possible and does lots of damage.

I want to thank a lot of people who gave me some advice for this, especially Boeroer and MaxQuest.

==================================

The fast assassin

=================================

diffuculty: hard version 3.06 ( I tried to optimize a lot, so it should work for PotD too)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

solo: not intended, should be part of a full party

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

class: rogue

race: pale elf (elf for dex and per, pale because he is a cold killer)

background: a raider from the deadfire

stats:

mig: 11

con: 10

dex: 20

per: 19

int: 08

res: 10

skills: max stealth, spend the remaining points however you like, maybe survival bonusses

abilities and talents:

v1: crippling strike

lv2: backstab

lv3: reckless assault

lv4: two weapon style

lv5: deep wounds

lv6: weapon focus ruffian

lv7: dirty fighting

lv8: outlanders frenzy

lv9: withering strike (most damage), blinding strike (best debuff) or escape

lv 10: vicious fighting

lv11: deathblows

lv12: spirit of decay

lv13: sap

lv14: fast runner

lv15: shadow step, feign death or something else you did not take at lv 9

lv16: vulnerable attack

why would you suggest blinding strike so late at level 9? you're missing out on that debuff for literally an eternity