Andromeda - The End...

DexGames

• 2 weeks later...

Andromeda is now available on EA and Origin access. Though if you have either of them then I'm guessing you've likely already bought it. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, Andromeda is now available on EA's subscription service which runs about 5 bucks a month or 30 bucks if you go in for a year, if I'm remembering the prices correctly.

In summation, you can basically rent Andromeda and a slew of other EA games for a month for a fiver.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Still too expensive IMO :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Not that surprising if they're expecting to make money from the multiplayer stuff. You can guarantee that won't be covered by the EA Access fee. MEA also quite clearly doesn't have the reputation required for 'proper' sales to have a long tail and if you're buying it now it's for the dollar equivalent of only a few months of EA Access anyway.

• Like 1

IIRC you're both right.

BF1 is there now, mostly for the MP of course. Keeps player numbers up and some of those players will buy extra MP stuff for money. Pretty sure that BF1 was also on Access before release, as part of their hype/ beta program. Definitely a time limited version though, since it was a beta/ test.

Edited by Zoraptor

I dont get it, from one side EA is Palpatine of gaming industry, on the other side this origin access sounds as fair deal. 5$ to rent selection of games as it was netflix.

If you play game just once it is cool.

Well, it's not a bad deal. However, Origin's selection of games isn't all that great and at the end of the day, you're still limited by the amount of free time you have, which is what the deluge of games being published these days really compete for, rather than your money.

I wouldn't be surprised if, taking into consideration the mean amount of hours of gaming per day of the average Origin user, they make more money per hour played with most titles (those which aren't AAA released in the last 3-6 months, and therefore aren't available by subscription) than they would offering them at an aggressive discount.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they've announced Mass Effect: Annihilation.

The story of the Quarian Ark that everyone wanted. Unfortuantely, it's just going to be a novel now.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I dont get it, from one side EA is Palpatine of gaming industry, on the other side this origin access sounds as fair deal. 5$ to rent selection of games as it was netflix.

If you play game just once it is cool.

Well, it's not a bad deal. However, Origin's selection of games isn't all that great and at the end of the day, you're still limited by the amount of free time you have, which is what the deluge of games being published these days really compete for, rather than your money.

I wouldn't be surprised if, taking into consideration the mean amount of hours of gaming per day of the average Origin user, they make more money per hour played with most titles (those which aren't AAA released in the last 3-6 months, and therefore aren't available by subscription) than they would offering them at an aggressive discount.

Makes sense with all the pay to win/microtransaction malarkey they are up to though. They will give you cheap access and then dangle a bunch of extras in front of you.

This car is only 500$, it's great. By the way, do you want windows with that. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.