I guess it's too late for any requests.

How the hell did you do that archivement. I barely  got throught game  with Trial of Iron and Path of the Damned.  If it were without companions Id propably die fairly early.

lol I feel ya. But here is an example:

Jesus christ Thats incredibly precise and efficient. Its like Fantasy Terminator dismatling the problem Without mercy. And then there is incredibly Versatile Rogue that shreds enemies.

This will be real treat. Thanks.

• Like 1

As an aside point, though, there is another issue with the argument at hand inasmuch as it implies that only the minority in question is interested in seeing minority-related themes or playing as part of one. That is not exactly true (I for one am interested in themes related to minorities that I'm not a part of), and so the question of determining what percentage of the audience this matter would interest isn't quite as easy to answer either. This, of course, taking aside the original proposition and referring to the many more detailed and in-depth suggestions about how to approach and explore the theme throughout this thread.

And this does go the other way too, as in, not all individuals in a minority are necessarily interested in seeing their minority represented.

Indeed. I can't say that choosing a non-binary gender would particularly interest me, since it would presumably have a very small impact on the game*, but the fact that I am a fairly traditional straight, white (cis-)male doesn't mean I'm not interested in exploring themes related to minorities I'm not a part of, or even simply playing something that I'm not.

*It would also probably be incredibly easy to implement since presumably all dialogue in the game already has a gender variable that reads off the main character's gender and spits out the appropriate pronoun. All you'd need to do is add one of more additional options and outputs.

• Like 4

I think the real tradgedy is no Dwarven companion here.

Well on a few percent of people identify as dwarves so it's not worth pandering to them. The silent majority identify as humans so, really, we should get rid of all other races.

Someone got Pretty Angry over people telling  the blunt truth it appears.

And the Blunt Truth is that non-human races are played at much lower rates than humans in rpgs. Since few players choose to play as Orlans or Dwarves why should we not get rid of the option 10% will use for a better expereince for the 90%?
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

As an aside point, though, there is another issue with the argument at hand inasmuch as it implies that only the minority in question is interested in seeing minority-related themes or playing as part of one. That is not exactly true (I for one am interested in themes related to minorities that I'm not a part of), and so the question of determining what percentage of the audience this matter would interest isn't quite as easy to answer either. This, of course, taking aside the original proposition and referring to the many more detailed and in-depth suggestions about how to approach and explore the theme throughout this thread.

And this does go the other way too, as in, not all individuals in a minority are necessarily interested in seeing their minority represented.

Indeed. I can't say that choosing a non-binary gender would particularly interest me, since it would presumably have a very small impact on the game*, but the fact that I am a fairly traditional straight, white (cis-)male doesn't mean I'm not interested in exploring themes related to minorities I'm not a part of, or even simply playing something that I'm not.

*It would also probably be incredibly easy to implement since presumably all dialogue in the game already has a gender variable that reads off the main character's gender and spits out the appropriate pronoun. All you'd need to do is add one of more additional options and outputs.

and you again run into One problem. How would Npcs know ?   Will Player PC go. Hi Im "insert pronouns".  Or will the Npcs just magically know your pronouns ? I dont think that will be very Immersive.

Hah no! I realised there was little point actually engaging with you so I thought I'd have some fun mocking your arguments. I was actually having fun and wasn't in the least bit angry.

So you treat this as battle and merely switched tactics. I guess some people will push their views By Any Means Necessary.

I Hope you mind me striking back throught. I seriously hope The second part of your name isnt indicative of your inner nature.

Well on a few percent of people identify as dwarves so it's not worth pandering to them. The silent majority identify as humans so, really, we should get rid of all other races.

And the Blunt Truth is that non-human races are played at much lower rates than humans in rpgs. Since few players choose to play as Orlans or Dwarves why should we not get rid of the option 10% will use for a better expereince for the 90%?

You want those races removed ?

Edited by CaesarCzech

You want those races removed ?

Why not?
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Gentle reminder - discuss the issue, not each other. 

Since this reminder has not been heeded, I am closing this thread.  If you wish to discuss this topic seriously those interested may create another thread, but if any new thread continues to spend significant portions of its discussion space on off-topic posts and/or posts that are specifically discussing other posters, their motivations, their psychology, their user-name, their avatar, their posting style, their word choice, their grasp of the English language, etcetera, it too shall be locked.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man