i'd say they should just follow the first game's approach on this: no romance whatsoever. if there are no options in the game to act upon your sexual orientation, you can assign whatever letter of the alphabet you want to the gender.

so you Want to Take out romances Because otherwise some people might be offended  ? 

• Like 1

Oh so you use Nazis as a way to discredit everyone on the right side.

I don't. This is a small right wing party in germany that gets an unproportional amount of attention in the media. You can find those kind of ****ers all over Europe these days. If you question their opinions, all they say is: "Oh so you use Nazis as a way to discredit everyone on the right side." Also they often claim to be a minority standing in for the views of the silent majority. They also claim, that minorities get to much attention. Reminds me of someone.

Fun fact: I never used the word Nazi.

How is saying devs shouldnt waste time with pronoun bull**** wanting to remove every minority from game ?.

Because the same argumentation would apply: It gives no return (Which isn't true by the way. I just take your point of view.). Why bother making black characters models? Why bother writing lesbian storylines? Why bother creating a fictional minority to represent existing minorities. Let's just leave this part away and concentrate on the real important things: Killing goblins. I would aprreciate, if you could follow your own argumentation to the end on your own. I'm not here to think for you.

I dont think Devs should waste time with bull****, simply as that. And no im not asking Something to be removed, Im just questioning the Wisdom of even working on that.

As I told you: It's not that hard. If you don't want them to waste time on bull****, concentrate your efforts an a topic that does waste time. Romances for example.

So you are saying Pronouns are more important than romances ?

Don't play dumb. I said that romances are completely optional. Noone needs them. But they take a considerable amount of development time to be implemented. Wheres these pronouns are relatively easy to implement and seem to be important for some people.

Also how would Even Npcs know your pronouns ? Do You Intend to Shout it from Rooftop so to speak ?  Or Are the Npcs magically going to know your pronouns ?

Of course they wouldn't. It would mostly affect scripted sequences. Romances maybe.

Besides: This has already been done decades ago. Without anyone demaning for it. Can't be that hard.

• Like 1

---

We're all doomed

Okay i be blunt.

You Want to Make Content for Lesser Percentage of Players, Rather than Higher Percentage of Players.

Is it really a 0 sum equation?  ie does content being made that appeals to a lesser percentage of the players mean that there's no content of appeal to the higher percentage of players.  Or that the existence of the content for the smaller group turn off the larger?

Gentle reminder - discuss the issue, not each other. 

Just noticed this. This is one hell of typo :D

Must be something weird on your end, the post looks perfectly fine on my end. :-

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Okay i be blunt.

You Want to Make Content for Lesser Percentage of Players, Rather than Higher Percentage of Players.

Is it really a 0 sum equation?  ie does content being made that appeals to a lesser percentage of the players mean that there's no content of appeal to the higher percentage of players.  Or that the existence of the content for the smaller group turn off the larger?

The other false correlation in the argument that has spun the last couple of pages is also the belief that appealing to minorities goes against quality or the desire for such. Indeed, neither quality nor the "higher percentage of players" are necessarily affected by the exploration of minority-related topics, should there be any. What's more, it's worth pointing out that Deadfire as well as other modern isometric RPGs are decidedly niche products, so while there may be a desire to make the appeal as broad as it can be made it is certainly not the end goal with a game like this. In the end, as Josh has said himself, you can't please everyone and they don't aim to please everyone either - this can apply for minorities as well as the group who would want to see them excluded.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

As a person who has never played an Orlan character I am personally furious that Obsidian spent time and effort pandering to those players who like small furry characters!

I would like to take this moment to express my merriment by using the 24th and 4th letters in the modern English alphabet, and the ISO basic Latin alphabet, represented by graphic signs of X and D respectively.

• Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I think the real tradgedy is no Dwarven companion here.

• Like 8

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Okay i be blunt.

Gentle reminder - discuss the issue, not each other. 

Just noticed this. This is one hell of typo :D

Must be something weird on your end, the post looks perfectly fine on my end. :-

its not exactly zero Sum but point is  there is sort of limit when its using time better used elsewhere to satisfy tiny minority. Ie LGBT content actuality has some return even if its lesser due to %   but this pronoun stuff ? i dont think so.

http://imgur.com/a/Xx4cL

I Sincelery apologize for, It Appears my grammar correction now works(buggily) posts of other people as the screen clearly shows :huh:8)

As an aside point, though, there is another issue with the argument at hand inasmuch as it implies that only the minority in question is interested in seeing minority-related themes or playing as part of one. That is not exactly true (I for one am interested in themes related to minorities that I'm not a part of), and so the question of determining what percentage of the audience this matter would interest isn't quite as easy to answer either. This, of course, taking aside the original proposition and referring to the many more detailed and in-depth suggestions about how to approach and explore the theme throughout this thread.

And this does go the other way too, as in, not all individuals in a minority are necessarily interested in seeing their minority represented.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 3

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I identify as vithrack, so where is my playable vithrack race/companion? :(

I don't know. Roughly how many percent of players are you? If you're over 25% of players then maybe we can squeeze one if for you.

Joining the vithrack club... if you can bribe me with a good racial passive + ability)

I think the real tradgedy is no Dwarven companion here.

Well on a few percent of people identify as dwarves so it's not worth pandering to them. The silent majority identify as humans so, really, we should get rid of all other races.

Someone got Pretty Angry over people telling  the blunt truth it appears.

As an aside point, though, there is another issue with the argument at hand inasmuch as it implies that only the minority in question is interested in seeing minority-related themes or playing as part of one. That is not exactly true (I for one am interested in themes related to minorities that I'm not a part of), and so the question of determining what percentage of the audience this matter would interest isn't quite as easy to answer either. This, of course, taking aside the original proposition and referring to the many more detailed and in-depth suggestions about how to approach and explore the theme throughout this thread.

Thing is how many people are interested in modern version of orientalism ?

Someone desperately wants some kind of negative response it appears. JerekKruger made a good point with the dwarfs. So please ... don't try to dismiss it in such a primitive fashion. You are only embarrasing yourself.

• Like 1

---

We're all doomed

Someone desperately wants some kind of negative response it appears. JerekKruger made a good point with the dwarfs. So please ... don't try to dismiss it in such a primitive fashion. You are only embarrasing yourself.

Im not dismising. You dont have unlimited resources. you use them for content for 8-10%(im counting even people who are interested even if they are not that kind)    well you used them,  when they could have been used to create more content. MORE PLAYERS would enjoy, you know the 90%.